Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 05:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/235/200
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default first treat with heavy cream..

After a successful 2 week induction (12 lb loss), I decided to treat myself to a cup of diet Swiss Miss hot cocoa with a splash of heavy cream. The cocoa has 4 carbs and 2 sugars per cup and the heavy cream reads 0 carbs 0 sugars. Why is heavy cream limited to 2 or 3 tbs. if its 0 & 0? By the way it was a great treat! The 2g of sugars won't throw me into a tailspin will it? Thanks for any advice here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 11:59
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Cream and all dairy products have carbs. There are 6.6 grams in 1 cup of heavy cream. They are limited because they can also cause stalls. The problem is US labelling laws.

YOu can read more about it here: Cheese, Canadian and American Labeling Laws

If you don't have a portable carb counter, I suggest Corrine T. Netzers COmplete Book of Food Counts and there is also a carb counter in Low Carb Tools at the top of the page.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 20:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

If I want a really delicious treat, I just make a cup of decaf coffee, put some Splenda and flavoring in it and add a splash of heavy cream. I just love it with coconut flavoring, vanilla and cinnamon, or even orange or pinapple. There is no need to pay extra for flavored coffees when you can have a different one each time you drink a cup. You can really be creative!