Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 10:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/147/135 Female 5'2
BF:26%
Progress: 29%
Question Hi, You are all so supportive!

I have been following Atkins for 2 weeks now. I haven't weighed myself, but I can feel some difference.

I have been reading all of your posts over the last couple of weeks, and I'll tell you I think all of your support has made the difference for me. I read the new posts every morning. It's a great way to start the day.

I am having some trouble with breakfast. I love eggs, but I am getting sick of them. Could I have some suggestions on breakfast ideas?

Have a great day.

Last edited by jdjmom : Sat, Aug-16-03 at 10:03.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 11:13

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Canned tuna with a large green salad and mayo.

Stir fried veggies with some meat thrown in.

An avocodo with some prawns (I think you call them shrimps).

Fried cauliflower with cheese melted on it.

The left overs from the night before warmed up.

Treat yourself to some low carb cereal.

You just need to leave the ideas of traditional breakfast behind. You can eat any low carb food for breakfast.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 11:54

Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%

We make a double batch of pizza quiche on Sunday, divide into six pieces per dish and that's our breakfast for the week. The recipe is in the Low Carb Kitchen (you may have to go back a few days). We use sausage, taco flavored meat, or pepperoni along with onion, pepper, olives, etc.

We learned early that being prepared is a huge help to LCing.

Cheers!

BrewWa
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 12:17

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

first of all...Good Job at sticking to it.

A nice treat that I enjoy for breakfast or any time of day is the Mock Danish I will include the link to the recipe here for you.
http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/breakfast115.html
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 13:03
Registered Member

Stats: 177/169/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 17%

You could always spruce up your eggs, add some salsa to scrambled eggs... mmm.. very good. or try some scrumptious omlets, or try a grilled cheese sandwich with no bread and use ham slices as bread...
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 17:22
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Mock danish. THere are tons of versions out there. It doesn't look like much, but it's high enough fat to fill you up. My version is 2oz cream cheese softened with 1 pat butter, then 1 egg and 1 scoop shake mix thrown in. Occasionaly I'll add 1 spoonful of LC jam. Then nuke for another minute. Yum.

Once in OWL you can do yogurt with berries. I made a tuna/egg salad with homade mayo and crabmeat added. You can try the pork rind french toast, or protien powder pancakes.

Read the recipe section of this forum. They have an entire forum devoted to breakfast ideas, and breakfasts you can eat while on induction.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 01:04

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

Congratulations!!! You, like me, have decided to go by how your clothes fit and not the scale. I can't believe I really threw my scale out. I have gone for so many years addicted to the scale and letting it determine my moods. I love what Atkins is doing for me mentally. I think clearer now. I was so much in a carb fog I couldn't think straight. I think you are doing terrific. I love the support on this board too. It is so inspirational. I am getting ready to start week 6 and have lost 52 lbs. Isn't it wonderful! I love Dr. Atkins!!!

For breakfast, I will tell you that I skip it. I am not hungry in the morning and I am learning to listen to my body. I just drink coffee. It really is working for me. I am not even hungry until 2pm. If I were to eat breakfast though just like you it would be eggs, cheese, bacon etc. Gets old doesn't it???