Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 08:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/160/126 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Query for the yeast experts

I'm just wondering, I suffer with cystitus (I think thats how it's spelt!) pretty much all the time. I have to drink lots of water (even before I start Atkins) and gallons of cranberry juice to lower the acid in my urine, (sorry, I know thats not nice!)

I know cystitus is caused by candida which is a form of yeast, but I don't know much else. My doctor has basically told me to put up and shut up. She actually told me, jokingly, to get shares in cranberry juice!

Now, I'm realising that I shouldn't drink cranberry juice on Atkins.

Is this a yeast problem that Dr Atkins talks about? I've never noticed anyone else mention cystitus. I love cheese and mushrooms! Infact, mushrooms are my fave veg! Does this mean I should give them up?

Please help...I'm feeling very confused. I know this isn't a medical advice forum, but if anyone else suffers from the same thing, it would be good to get feed back!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 22:32

Stats: 295/273.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

hi, I am no expert, but, I thought these sources might help you. I know that they have been a wonderful help to me.

http://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htm (you can also find all of these, and a lot more helpful info listed in the thread that was started by me, http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125234, where Kent replied to my questions)

Conquering Candidiasis Naturally by Stephen C. Byrnes, N.D., R.N.C.P.
http://www.sumeria.net/health/cadida.html
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 03:03

Stats: 168/160/126 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 19%

Thank you so much arose!! You have been a great help!!

I visited the sites and they were a HUGE eye-opener!! I can't believe my doctor told me to grin and bear it when it could cause me severe problems in the future, including damaging my organs and brain!!

Unfortunately I do have to give up my beloved cheese and mushrooms, but it's well worth it to keep me from getting seriously ill!

Thank you again, so much! I'm now of to change my doctor!!