Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 18:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/106/106
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Low-Carb Anti Candida Recipes Here

Hi-

Background: I've been having candida problems for a few years. Last year I was diagnosed with mercury toxicity, and my doc says that's contributing to the candida problem.

I have a low carb recipe site online, and have added a special anti-candida low carb category of recipes I like to make and eat.

http://www.atkinsloser.homestead.com

Scroll to the bottom of the list for the anti-candida l/c tab.

Tammera
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 16:36

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Yippeee! Thanks!
Jinx
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 20:09

Plan: CAD
Stats: 240/180/120 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks Tamm!!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 11:49

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Thanks Tamm--The recipes sound really yummy----especially the pizza---Aleka
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 16:20

BF:

I'm glad you all appreciate the recipes. I'm glad to share them with you.

Aleka - The pizza is good, although it's a bit weird. But then, I think everything about anti-candida and low-carb is a bit weird!

My friend, who does low-carb only, likes to put the pizza on lettuce. Sounds weird, but it's actually quite good!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 18:12

BF:
Tamm--You are an for supplying so many good recipes for us to choose from. You are really thoughtful!!!! I know what you mean about things tasting weird. I keep trying to low carb a fudge pie my mother-in law used to make and it always comes out tasting weird too. Have one more way I am going to try it and if it isn't similar---guess I will kust give up. Tkae care--happy low carb eating!!!Aleka
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 19:45

BF:

Aleka - I don't eat chocolate. I know there are many variations of anti-candida, though.

I have some yummy dressings that I should add to the page, too. I found a company that makes pumpkin seed butter. You add some lemon juice, cilantro, and steviaClear. OMG! It's so good!

I make a similar one with sesame seed butter, and add garlic, too.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 20:35

BF:
Post Tamm

Hi lady--I do not follow the candida diet, but find alot of your recipes interesting. I do stay on acidophilus daily because I have chronic lyme disease and have at times been on heavy antibiotics. Have been feeling better---always do in the summer !!! You are lucky that your doctor recognizes candida as a problem. Mine hardly will admit that I have chronic lyme let alone candida. I am a retired nurse--been off the job about 12 years, but have been using the computer to look up info for myself. That is why I put myself on the acidophilus several years back. Medical doctors are at times very frustrating to me but then we need them in times of emergency and guess we should thank God for the most of them. Have a good night--Am tired and headed to bed. Bye now--Aleka you are great!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 21:03

BF:

Aleka - I decided that I just needed to search, ask for referrals, and search some more until I found a doctor who would listen. I am very lucky. Good luck to you!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 17:30

BF:

Tamm- Hi --how are you doing tonight??? Went to the dentist today and out to Red Lobster for lunch with my husband---Yum!!! Sure do love that seafood. Thanks for the comeback about the doctors. You are right about the search. My husband and I have been discussing that very thing but when you get into your sixties and have stayed with one doc for the most part--It is somewhat scary to change horses in mid stream- so to speak. I have a great Lyme doctor over in Indiana. He is young and about 2hrs and 45 min away. Sure do like him and he is so caring!!! When you leave you always feel like he really did give a darn about you. Well--Take care of yourself--Will catch you later. When are you going to start your journal??? It is a good thing to do. Bye now!! Aleka
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 18:08

BF:

Aleka or anyone - What is a journal, why would I want to start one, and why is it a good idea?
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 08:52

BF:

Tamm--At the bottom of my e-mail is the word journal and other words like profile- If you click on them you will see what a journal--profile , etc is. Have a good day!!! Aleka
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 21:45

Stats: 295/273.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Thanks Tamm!! I sure needed that!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 22:12

BF:

Tamm and Arose-- Tamm--After I looked at your stats I see you are at your goal weight so maybe a journal wouldn't be as valuable for you. I use my journal to keep track of weight loss--how I'm feeling -reminders of what I need to do etc. I need to start listing my measurements as well but so far haven't done so. Anyway--the journal helps me stay on tract so to speak. Hope you are feeling well and good luck to you too Arose. Stop by my journal anytime and say hello. Night--Night--Aleka
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 05:31

Stats: 235/235/170 Female 5ft.4 inches
BF:30%
Progress: 0%

The little angel that is in Aleka's post could it be used on another weight loss message board. I have been looking for something different to add to my board for middle age ladies. Thanks