Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 08:23
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 169/156/140 Female 5 ft 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default which somersizing book to buy?

hey everyone!! love my wol!!! Just wnated to check out suzannes plan and wanted to know whick book was best? thank you!!
becky
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 12:11

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Oooo, that's a tough one!

I would say to get her latest, Fast and Easy , because it is the most up to date and because the recipes are just as the title suggests, fast and easy! You are likely to have most or all of the ingredients for many of them in your kitchen already and you can get started on the plan the second you open the book. However while the recipes in her last two books are simpler and easier to make, they have quite a bit more fat than those in the first two books and they really push her packaged products online, so some people prefer to go with the early ones.

I have all five of her "food" books (including the dessert recipes) and have found something wonderful in every one. I'd suggest learning about the plan from Fast and Easy and then getting the others later, in order to collect all her great recipes. I bought my first book for full price at a bookstore and then completed the set by getting the others used on Amazon.com for half the price or less. All the used ones I got are in fantastic condition, too.

I just can't say enough good things about her plan! While each of us adjusts it a little to meet our own needs, it's hard to imagine a way of eating that is as tasty and complete and still allows you to lose weight. I'm sold!

Last edited by Mamabeek : Sat, May-03-03 at 12:13.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 06:54
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 169/156/140 Female 5 ft 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

thanks for the tip! I will try amazon foy used books!
becky