BENEFITS OF LOW CARB EATING AND WEIGHT LOSS
1. I spend more time thinking of the positives about myself rather than the negatives: When I overeat, I berate myself, tear myself down, beat myself up, etc. What is constantly on my mind are negative thoughts. When I eat well, I see myself in a new light, I imagine all my possibilities and what I can accomplish in my life.
2. I have less back pain as I lose weight.
3. I have more energy when I eat low carb.
4. I have more energy at a lower weight.
5. I feel less puffy when I eat low carb.
6. Instead of focusing and thinking about...hmmm what sweets/carbs/etc can I eat next and then spending the time eating them, I instead spend my time doing things I love, like gardening, photography, reading.
7. I feel better when I go hiking...I am no so short of breath.
8. For me the number one is: I feel in control of my eating instead of my eating controlling me. -- Suzien
9. I have fewer depressive episodes when I eat low carb -- Ena
10. I am much more focused and can concentrate better on what I'm doing -- Ena
11. I don't get any wind, ever! ￼ -- Ena
12. even when i am not exactly enjoying myself (like right now, reading old posts as i bike very slowly on the stationary bike)...I feel proud of myself for all the learning. (ie: i have learned over the last 4 months that if carbs are calling my name -- not physical craving but that annoying voice in the head that keeps wondering if i *could* just have a bit of this or that -- if i get busy for 30 minutes it does pass. -- Blue
13. I seem to need less sleep! Or rather, I am waking up more alert after 8 hours than groggy and exhausted. -- Blue
14. I am less irritable and am clearer headed. -- Blue
15. My cholesterol numbers got better, then much worse, then better again, and now in maintenance and still eating LCHF my cholesterol is the best it has ever been. Totally normal now. A little wacky during the weight loss.
16. Silly one but one I didn't consider; DON'T NEED A BELT ANYMORE
17. Ha, I started needing a belt! I lost a lot around my middle, and I need something to hold my pants up. No complaints here!