Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-05, 04:18
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:
Default Am i dying here or what?

hi everyone, i'm new, from england where the nhs don't believe in candida!!??
I've had health problems for years after taking controceptive pill, woke up one morning stiff down left side, started being allergic to many things, cola, used to live on it, alcohol and alcohol containing products, couldn't eat sugar first thing before eating real food, get sugar rushes, wake up at night need a sugar buzz. medicine allergies, antibiotics, penicillian etc. Always having thrush!!! Lately, last six months the fun has started, always no energy, unles eat sugar, fuzzy eyes, slow brain.. hayfever?! haven't had that in twenty years. Can't breath, muscles torn, nasal congession, palpertations, thrush in mouth, throat.... the shakes!!!
All blood tests fine. Accupuncturist says candida.. take acidophillus, so i did, one little table, well looked like a horse pill, but tongue clear, thrush in mouth receeding, i could smell food again!!, didn't realise i couldn't!!
But here's the kicker, i can't stop shaking, inside and out, am scared stiff to take another pill, am i allergic to this, because that's one of my symptoms of allergie, or does it mean it's working? please help, i want my life back. I can't go out, if i walk i get fuzzy eyes and brain fog, muscle cramps, fatigue, can't breath, got any advice for the candida retarded in a country where it doesn't exist???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-05, 04:38
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Hiya, I suffered with it for years on and off too (and you're right, over here in the uk they don't recognise it as candida) I'm from the south east...where are you from?
Anyway, to answer tyour question, yeah, it gets much worse before it gets better. I remember thinking there's no way on gods earth I could carry on with the treatment, but actually it gets better after a while. I think what happens is that as the tablet works is breaks down the candida and the candida fights back.
I had everything you describe and more.
Keep with it, I have been free of it for about a year now, and once you have it kicked, you'll feel so much better!!
xx
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-05, 09:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:

thanx for your reply. I'm in the south east too, make's you want to jump a plane and go stateside doesn't it, doctor looked at me like i was mad!!, feel like i am most days.
what's with the coughing stuff up phase??, did you have that?, what is it, it's so gross, i get it just after cleaning teeth or taking a pill? yuck!!
Why don't the doctor's like the idea of candida, i mean anything that gets their patients to come off sugar and eat a tone of veggies should be the holy grail to them?!!
But explaining it to my teenage son was fun, i had to explain the little parasite tormentors as stargate goa'lds and the good guys as tokra's, don't judge my spelling, to get him to understand, he's disgusted and is now popping acidophillus daily!!