Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 12:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/190/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Question Help with carrying lunch and afternoon slump

I need HELP!!!! I have to carry my lunch and I am getting so tired of a salad and tuna. or chicken. There is a "candy-cupcake-cookie" bar behind me and the smell of the chocolate is driving me nuts. My job is very stressful and I start out everyday doing okay, but about 4:00 pm I hit the skids. I CRAVE caffiene and carbohydrates and I don't do coffee. I need some menu suggestions. I have a very low carbohydrate tolerance, and do well when I stay on veggies and meats, so please help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 12:33

Plan: Modified
Stats: 276/197/155 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

do you have a microwave? if so, slap last nights leftovers in a plastic container. heat and eat. The afternoon slump can be helped possibly if you try eating all day. i realize this is hard at work though... try a boiled egg or some beef jerky around 2 PM and at 4 you hopefully wont be in "slump" mode.
as for the smell of the cookie bar?? O MAN, that sucks quite frankly, i dont know how you can survive it! LOL, i would be driven mad at the end of everyday too! Good luck and i hope this helps>

Brenna
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-06, 23:18

BF:
Progress:

thanks for the idea.

hopefully not too many of my cubicle workers will complain about the smell of hard boiled eggs. They complain about the smell of tuna. I do try taking left overs from home, but that isn't often. I have a bottomless pit of a son that keeps the refrigerator and cupboards stripped.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 13:05

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

buy a mini fridge for your bedroom like they have in college dorms. Keep your share of the leftovers in it. Cover it with a pretty tablecloth and you could use it like a side table to rest a lamp and a few books on....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00019HRNS/103-8468654-2112608?v=glance&n=284507

Last edited by deb34 : Thu, Mar-16-06 at 13:09. Reason: added link
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-06, 09:01
Registered Member

Stats: 234/218/160 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 22%

Be creative! Trick your mind into not wanting the goodies you smell. ( I know, it sounds stupid ) For example, here's what I did once. Where I work, my boss is always bringing in muffins, candies, pies, etc... well right before the Superbowl ( I'm a huge Seahawks fan ) one of my co workers made a sign that said " Packers Fan goody box " To spite the non Seahawk fans in my office, I would not go near that food! So I guess I turned it into a non-food issue, and made it a different issue all together, but hey, it kept me away from it!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-23-06, 14:16

BF:
Progress:

I have beef jerky and hard boiled eggs that I nibble on all day, also, the BonBel cheeses. But I can set my clock for the 3:00 slump. I could just go to sleep. I guess it is deprivation but the usual caffeine and sugar fix I used to do. I am also trying to avoid the caffeine as I found that it holds onto the weight for me.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-23-06, 14:31

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am trying to wean off caffeine as well. I am making batches of caffeine free green tea as ice tea and adding lemon - yum. It tricks me into believing I am having "real" ice tea with the caffeine bump. Good for you too!