Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#541   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 04:20

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

reading along and enjoying what I am reading

got sciatic nerve troubles. Owwww. Lower back pain and oh that spot hurts, my butt hurts, into my thigh and down my leg where it is kinda numb and tingly. Worse is when I walk it feels like my leg is gonna go right out from under me.

Had it before. Nothing unusual here on it and walking like a bent over pretzel LOL

Uncomfortable to sit here on the couch and type this even so I am gonna wait a day or 2 and chat up when better.

Slowly mending and this is par for the course when I get nailed bad like this one.

All great here. Nothing other than this has been massively irking me the few days. ugh.

chat up later and have a great day all.
Sponsored Links
  #542   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 04:59

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Lori-
I so hear you on the doldrums! I think the entire country is in that zone. I was watching TV (like there is anything else to do at home!) But this news gal said she goes home right after her shows and eats all day!!!!! She said she is panic eating! I was shocked she said that - but they were talking about how people are coping.
We need to find something else!

How is your sister handling all this especially being on lock down? I heard a rumor that NYC is about to go on lock down. Of course rumors fly about now. Of course watching what has gone on in Italy, we are filling their play book and they are still on lock down.

Interesting about your cleaning supply box. I bet that company is really struggling to get supplies to their customers. Cool you got your money back. I am surprised that Green Chef is still going! Keep it going as long as you can!

I do think that getting out for a walk will help us all!!!!!!-

I will keep Miss Beatty in thoughts- I am hopeful she does not have tooth trouble! Urgh.... last place she needs to be is in an ER! You are so sweet to keep checking on her at this time. I'm sure it has to be scary for her!

Blue- Speaking of walking, I think it's really nice that you and hubby committed to doing 20 minute walks! YAY- DO IT!!!!! It will totally life your spirits!

Sorry your meeting fell through with your client. However writing can be done at home and you can meet your co-author via face time! Do you face time your DS? If you have not tried this yet- it sure brings your kid into your living room virtually.
My kids and myself have agreed that I will get to see the littles more via face time after I start work. Sighhhhhhhhhh It is so hard!

Is your apt building for 55 and up? Are there kids there? Just wondering. How is your community handing all of this? You haven't talked much about that.
I know your Bro is a heart doctor. Has he said anything about his patients not wanting to come to his office? I have wondered how other specialized healthcare are doing with people not wanting to sit in a waiting room.

Are you still doing your bead work? I bet you could get your supplies online. Just a thought! Granted it isn't the Goodwill! I just love that store! You can find some real gems for sure there. We will be able to get back there soon I hope!

NIC- - Did you hear it is going to reach close to 80 tomorrow. Granted though you will need to dance through the rain drops. That seems to be the pattern warm and rain= mud yards!!!!
I noticed that the river is so very high!
So how is it still? Do you have any idea how long you will stay? I am so glad you had the opportunity to get away from it all with your kids. I know that had to be a very comforting thing, having your chicks with you!
Are you watching the news at all? Hubby I am sure missing you deeply!

Trig-- hey there! Now that you are back, what's up in your neck of the woods? Is your kiddo doing school online or is she just off?
How is your mom doing with all this? I worry about her and Pork Chops mom. I know you got that covered though!
Speaking of Pork Chop- is he still driving part time?
Hey Spring is tomorrow!
---------------------------------------------------------
I am going to start with the positive of the day:
So yesterday the littles were playing in the back yard. Remember they are 2 and 4. Well- the 4 year old is so protective of his little baby sister. Anyway my DD was sitting out watching the kids play and reading a magazine and happened to look up to see the 4 year carrying the 2 year over his back and running. So DD flew over to see what the deal was.
Apparently a bee was chasing his sister and he was saving her! Such a big boy! So frekin sweet.
So yesterday I heard all about it from the mouth of the babe. He told me all about it too! I just love his little voice!

Also yesterday, it was raining most of the day. But then about 4- the sun came out and it heated up. I decided to take the pooch for a walk. It seemed all my neighborhood decided to step out too! I have not seen so many neighbors at one time. We all just stepped out for a walk. We all waved and and smiled at each other as we all sorta had a brief moment of community- at least it felt that way to me.
Then as quick as the sun came out - it went back in and we all disappeared back into our houses and the rain started again. But it was that brief and much needed moment- to step away from the news, TV, and the reality of our new normal.

Other news: I have a 10:00 appt with Employee Health this morning to get my drug test, titers, and physical. I will also be filling out all my pre-employment paper work and getting my badge. I am happy to have a place to go. I really haven't been out of pajamas in days. Well since I interviewed really.
The grocery doesn't count.

I am so wanting to take this time to get walks and work outs in. I am just finding it hard to get motivated. I do think though warmer weather will help! I hung my shorts of truth on my bedroom door as a reminder summer is coming and I want to be in those!!!

Stay strong, healthy and do one thing today of self care!
  #543   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 05:05

BF:

Cross Posted with you Trig- feel better. Pain sucks and I hope it resolves fast! Does exercise or stretching help?

Chat up soon! Feel better!
  #544   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 05:43

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Trig.....sorry to read that you're having sciatic trouble. That is painful to the max! I always heard that sitting was the worst thing for it. Either standing or laying flat are the best options. Hope it eases soon.

Back from the grocery store. What an adventure. Not a single egg or scrap of toilet paper or paper towels in the place. Also, no heavy cream for my coffee. ARGHH!! I did get a pile of food.....we will not die of starvation. The worst part was having to use the self check-out registers. I hate them. They had NO cashiers on duty. The poor little girl trying to help everyone do self check-out was running around like crazy. She was wiping the kiosks down between each customer. There were people with big carts full of food trying to do self check-out. I felt bad for them. I'm not sure I want to go early anymore....simply because of the no cashier thing. I liked not having many people around, but there were about 10 of us in the self check area. I think the store needs to adjust their staffing to accommodate early shoppers right now.

I was talking to DH and said "You know...we might not have exactly what we WANT to eat, but we will be able to eat" Not everyone can say that. This is nothing compared to what our parents & grandparents went thru during the great depression. My Mother was the Queen of scrimping, especially when she was raising my siblings. She had 4 littles in the 1940's......before I came along. She told me that there were times when she didn't know where she was going to get the money to buy her next postage stamp, and they only cost 3 cents! Can you imagine?

Hope everything goes well for you today Jaz.

I'm out.
  #545   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 06:52

BF:

Jaz so cool the little ones are becoming so 'grown up'

yea my motivation is struggling in that I need, require, must have NOW the warm sun and hotter weather. I want it to bad but we got days and days of rain coming still. So foggy this morning you couldn't see 5 ft off the back porch. ugh

Keep up the Positive Day mantra! It is good for ya I am trying the same LOL our nice summer is coming!!

Lori, sorry your grocery is whack. I went the other day and the only paper towels left on the shelf was the super expensive ones LOL no TP but tons of napkins and other things. So I bought 5 cheap napkins and told family use these and will hoard my paper towels for, hmm, I don't know why but I will use them sparingly HAHA Heck I got like 5 rolls sitting the rv also. I'm good. Meat counter getting hit but our store put limits on only 2 hamburger per person, 2 TP, 2 paper towel and I guess that is why my store has stuff still. Plenty on our shelves but meat counter is getting beat but since I AM SUCH good friends with meat guy he put up 6 packs of chicken for me and he only got in 15 packs on the truck. I got my 6 from the back when he called and I went there and the other ones left he put out were gone in like 2 minutes. 15 packs...sucky truckload on that one LOL Next meat truck on Thurs. My freezer is so packed with steak and chicken and shrimp.....ugh, I best stop hoarding now....so over it HA

Hey that is super crazy about your 3 cent stamp story! My mom said the same. Only time she saw her mom with tears in her eyes was in the depression time and she wanted to mail her sister a letter in Lithuania and she didn't have 3 cents for a stamp. And here you are saying the same thing.....wild

yea I need to lie on the bed. one position to not hurt but the ache is still there but this morn it is a bit better, I ain't saying OMG at every step, now I say OMG at every 4th step HAHA

sitting sucks and I am on the couch and getting antsy to move, off I go to lie down again.
  #546   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 11:51

BF:

Just back from an hour long walk....a bit over 3 miles at an easy pace. I talked to my sister on the phone and she gave me a pep talk. She said she was getting ready to go out for a walk and that I should do the same. I was telling her about my level of anxiety when I went to the grocery store this morning. My guts were in knots. She told me that a walk in the fresh air would help. I guess I do feel better. Did the walk, came home for a hot shower and now here I am back in my recliner.

Green Chef box arrived, so we're having a shrimp dish tonight. Yum.

Later!
  #547   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 18:56

BF:

Hey all updates:

Went and did my health screening and paper work for my new position at the hospital. I was also told they did not have enough N95 respirators masks for the hospital staff and to "just be careful".
I was also told to if someone is positive and I know it I can call them or just talk to the nurse. There is no protective mask for me at this point.
Wow oh wow - this shit is airborne BTW - not just droplet.

Remember the song- should I stay or should I go now............ I wish I had others options. Any other time and place I would be so thrilled for this job- now.................... Just hand me a paycheck....

Next update: My son is scheduled to get tested for Covid-19 tomorrow. He has been sick for almost 10 days, Shortness of breath, and chest pain. He is 31 invincible (all kids do in their mind!) and will just push through and do his thing. He goes to work, and goes out and about. He was in Cabelas for part of the day, and then out shopping. Tomorrow he will be tested. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh......I have no words.
I truly hope he takes this a bit more serious now! 1 dollars thinks he is positive.
So I am worried about him yes- but I would say he has a moderate level. He is symptomatic and has been for almost 10 days. His butt would be locked in his room if he were in my state! He is not critical - but is complaining of chest pain and severe SOB. If he gets care I will feel better about it. He actually sounded more concerned tonight now that he is going to be tested. More to come on this. This a developing development.

I was coming home today from the hospital- and parking lots of shopping centers were just full. You would never know we were in a pandemic according to the parking lots.

POSITIVE thought- I have this thread to come to to share joy, scary thoughts, and I know I am just maybe saying what we all are thinking.
We have each other to bounce the good, bad, and ugly.

Another positive- I am going have a pajama day tomorrow. I am so frekin tired in every way, emotionally, physically, and just plum exhausted. One can only take in so much before they just need to crawl into bed and pull up the covers and wish it all away.

Tomorrow is a new day. Thanks ladies- be safe, be healthy, be smart, and give self care. You ladies are lucky you have partners to go through this with!!!! Give your Hubby a special hug- and dole out a extra measure of patience - they are ya know just men!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Mar-18-20 at 19:01.
  #548   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 19:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---I'm right there w/you girl. Struggling to get my mojo going on anything. I'm so HAPPY you got out on a long walk today. We all need SOME REASON to feel glad to get home again. And walking in the fresh air is invigorating, no matter what's going on. I'm glad your sissy helped you get off your butt.

Jaz---So, how did your trip to your new place of employment go today? Heh, I felt kind of jealous, as you had a place to go and a mission. I also know/understand that involves risk, but honestly, every one of us is going to have to take risks in the days and weeks to come, and we're all going to have to use our common sense and hope for the best.

Trig---Oh girl (ha, every time I write that I think of that song by the Chi-lites, perhaps before your time, but so great) I so get you on the sciatic nerve thing---suffer it off and on myself. It's the darnedest thing. When it's there it totally sucks, and again, so identify w/the feeling that your leg is going to go out from under you---and yes laying flat is the best thing for it, sitting and getting up just pinches the hell out of it. And then, you wake up one day and it's gone again.

My brother the doc says this is ultimately a message from our lower backs and their weaknesses. Also, the weakness of our stomach muscles. I dunno. BUT, He did tell me to google exercises for the sciatic nerve. SIGH. So I guess I'll be doing that soon, as we all have more time on our hands than we ever dreamed of, or asked for---at least for that which can be done at home.

Nic--- Thinking of your family all warm and cozy together and hoping the good songs and vibes are still flowing for all of you, in your safe and cozy nest for right now, and right now is all we ever really have.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gads gals, I have to be honest to say that right now I am having to drag myself to do many thing, including coming here. I have felt shocky/depressy and absolutely immobilized. We have all, or at least those of us who live in cities, had major pillars of our daily lives disappeared. And I fear too, rural people are not as safe as they may think.

Thought the silver lining here would be that I would use this time to write our book and do my other art projects. BUT, I find I am struggling with focusing on these things.

Today was cold and rainy here, so not a good day for a walk. Although I think, unless there is snow and ice, I'm going to have to learn to put up my umbrella---in MANY WAYS---and walk anyway. Lots of metaphorical stuff going on here, LOL.

BUT, I did find a 10 minute stretch video on YouTube that I did today, and honestly, when I finished it I felt like I had paid for a very expensive massage. Lesson learned, it really can be that simple in terms of what makes your body feel so much better.

Tomorrow I'm actually going out for a work deal for BC. Very low risk, will spare you the details, but my common sense says it's OK, and while it would normally be a nuisance part of my job, I'm looking forward to it like the 4th of July. Then Friday, I will style for the same project. Probably about 5 people in the studio, and none of us are dumb. Going w/hand sanitizer and will use it generously. We will all keep our distance. And I trust no one who feels sick, w/no matter what, will show up---as of course, we are STILL so far behind in our ability to test and know. In any case, I'm keeping my distance from all of them. The job can be done w/out us being hip to hip.

SIGH. But I think, if this thing is to go on for months more, then we are all going to have to make common sense calls. We WILL have to go to the grocery store, because ie, we have no room to stock up for longer than a couple of weeks. I just got hit by my sinus thing again, and was out of my OTCs that make it bearable. So yeah, I went to Walgreens, swathed in sanitizer, kept my distance, and got out w/my one need fast.

Same for me w/friends. Most of us will not see each other for some time to come. But there are a few in our life and in our bldg. who we will see now and then w/all due vigilance, one or two at a time. My bestie is literally HOME ALONE---single and sitting by herself all day long. Her business has gone virtual, as long as they can survive doing that. So, we'll take the occasional chance w/a very small group of people, and visit w/them one or two at a time---6 feet or more between us, and w/every other safety mechanism in place.

Again, my woe ain't too dang bad all things considered. Mostly, I'm just eating a whole lot less all around. This stuff upsets my tummy and deters my hunger. Silver lining? ha, you tell me.

Last thing I want to say, is I am dragging myself here whenever I can, because I want to know what's going on w/my LC gals. Friends for so long. And I know that I really need this daily check in now, perhaps more than I ever have in a way. Not so much about the woe, but yeah, that too, when we can and when it works for us. But because we all have known each other for so long, been thru all sorts of stuff together.

As much as possible, I'd like to be here for you guys, and so appreciate you guys being here for me. It's nice to see in this world of news changing by the minute, we are all still here---healthy for now, if some of us are a bit wigged out. And imo, for every good reason.

And yet, despite it all, I am convinced we will as always survive together rather than apart. Which is what is just one more confounding thing about this virus---it asks us to stay apart instead of coming together, which generally, Americans do a decent job at when crisis hits.

But, we ARE blessed w/all kinds of digital ways to come together. Use several of them every day w/my son and various friends. This is our blessing, when LOL, sometimes it has seemed our curse. But not these days.

Love and safe travels to y'all. This too shall pass, but it's going to take a lot of patience and faith till then.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Mar-18-20 at 20:05.
  #549   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 20:04

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Jaz---we cross posted.

First and most importantly, I am so glad to hear your son is getting a test tomorrow. His symptoms are troubling to say the least. But maybe it's something else. He won't know till he knows, and I hope he knows one way or t'other by tomorrow. At which point, if he does have it, hopefully he WILL allow himself to rest and take all advice from the medical treatment as to how to treat this w/out a vaccine. And that he certainly will not be going to work tomorrow, for both himself and others. THIS is why testing is so important.

I bet, despite his bravado, he's scared tonight, and I'm so sorry for him for that, and for you as his mama. So if you can, over your understandable irritation, give him a mama hug before he goes for his test...not that you need me to tell you that, bet you're mighty torn between frustration and worry for him.

IMO, go w/the virtual hug and the "I love you so much." Reminds me of another great old song---"Take good care of yourself, you belong to me."

Frankly, I think millennials have to get over the idea that this can't happen to them. For weeks at first, the news said this did not seem to effect children or the young. Now we are finding out that's not always true. We just don't know, that's why they call it a "novel virus." Novel as in new.

Also, on your new hospital report that they can't guarantee you a proper mask, how VERY SCARY for you. But hopefully, that will get better by the time you get there. And I think there's a good chance of that. FINALLY, it seems we are clicking into the solutions that must be applied, and many factories are stepping up to make things they usually don't.

Also, as far as I know right now and I read a lot, but could still be dead wrong, they have no evidence this is airborne, in the way that all we have to do is breathe in each other's presence and we're going to get it.

For now, most evidence suggests this virus is spread by droplet spray, and perhaps also, what is left on surfaces. But even that, they just don't know. They say this virus can live on stainless steel or plastic for anywhere from 2 to 10 days. BUT, "they" are surmising this from SARS and MERS lab experiments, and they are also saying, we have no idea if a virus picked up on a hard surface that's a week old has much virulence. IOW, it may still not be dead, but its abilities and strengths may be greatly lessened---which means you get a greatly lessened version of the virus.

SIGH, in the end, we just don't know yet. I'm an old bird and have lived thru A LOT. But nothing like this. Had to tell my son that we'd have to go thru this together, w/out me lighting the way thru experience. I simply don't have that to offer him. So, I'm trying to offer him all the love I can, and exhorting him to use his common sense, and understand that youth is not a guarantee, either in not getting this virus, but most definitely in the consequences it will cause.

I know this is corny as hell, and oh so 60s of me, but I really do believe we all need to amp up our love right now, and apply it here, there and everywhere.
  #550   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 04:23

BF:

Good Morning,

You all have no idea what a life line you are to me! It helps so much to log on and see that you all have posted.

I find myself near tears many times a day.....they just spring to my eyes. They are there right now. I don't feel depressed or whatever, but I know I have internal anxiety for sure.

Today I'm going to go to the meat market for a few items. There are typically no more than 1 or 2 other customers there, hoping that is the case today. It is a small place. I may also stop at the grocery store to see if I can grab some eggs. That is the only thing I'm really short on. Oh.....and my LC beer! Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! I would be fine without it, but I have come to enjoy that 1 bottle late in the afternoon.

Jaz.......I'm so glad your son is going to be able to get tested. I sure hope it's not CV, but it sure sounds like it. I'm glad he is taking it more seriously, but in the mean time, sounds like he's been around a lot of people. Of course, they say you are contagious before you know you have anything, so what the heck are you supposed to do? It's all a mess.

I'm sorry they will not have protective gear for you at work. Terrible. I hope, as Blue said, that by the time you start work they will have a mask etc for you.

Blue...I'm glad you have a job to focus on for a bit. A bit of mental stimulation with minimal risk. This mess is apt to go on for many months and there is no way to have no interaction with others for that long.

I, too, am so happy to have this digital connection with the world. It's a double edged sword. So much information, much of it conflicting, can make your head spin and intensify anxiety. On the other hand, this digital human connection is a lifeline! As with anything, I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Trig.....hope you sciatic pain is lessening. So miserable. Hope your Mom & MIL are doing ok.....I'm sure it's very scary for them too.

Nic....You are the activity queen lately! Wow.....you've been taking mega hikes! Have you decided to stay longer than planned originally? I'm sure you're missing DH, and he is missing all of you too.

We have a rainy day today, so probably won't get out for a walk. Tomorrow is supposed to be VERY warm, but rain showers. I'm going to go out anyway. I just won't take my phone, or put it in a plastic bag to protect it. The only thing is they say we might have T-storms, so I'll have to keep an eye to the sky and not venture too far from the car. I like to drive uptown and walk. I can walk around blocks and never be too far from the car.

Ok.....enough from me. Thanks for being there, my friends.
  #551   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 04:45

BF:

Jaz sorry your son is still sick but he will get some meds and improve once he gets to the Dr. I agree, when younger we are invincible, yea I was like that til I hit over 55 and then I realized, nope HAHA

Lori, walks are good but like you we got rain everywhere. Tomorrow is sun/clouds and near 80 which should be decent, then like 3 full days of rain. I think it is the rain that drives me more nuts then all the whacko stuff going on Glad you got your green chef, makes dinner a simple choice for you.

Blue, yea I think all our mojo is waning. Just is what it is but we all are tough birds and will come thru ok!!

Yes I remember you have the sciatic nerve thing. Sucks right? LOL What I do love is when it heals and just leaves...ain't there yet but I feel improvement. Just a wait and see thing!!

Nicco….HI

fast one again guys.
my nerve thingy is making me bonkers.

Stopped near the table to pick up kid's flip flops thrown on the ground and move them for trip hazard and holy cow....I bent over and pain shot down my good leg, into my knee, darn near put me straight to the ground, luckily I fell into the table. Weirdest horrible knee pain, not a cramp, but big achy sore weakness and it stayed a bit. Took me a minute or 2 to get my leg back. Freaked me out cause I didn't expect my good side to go down and oh yea, it nailed me. Walking very carefully and the weakness this can display so fast always worries me. But I been thru it before, just need the time for it to leave like Blue mentioned.

woke up still moving like a scared bent pretzel a bit I shall survive....just going very slowly while doing any moving LOL

off to mom's today for our usual shop and visit.

tomorrow is a decent day of sun and clouds but near 80. I think I am gonna take a bottle of rum over to Barb's house and we are gonna sit out at her pool and relax a bit....wee....I need that and so does she. Her mother in law is in hospital with diverticulitis and she is going on 96. Like my mom, living home, doing well actually but starting to fail some this last year....so Barb has been doing hosp. with MIL and tired and worn, so I think we both need tomorrow hey a little booze, kill those germs in us HAHA

then 3 days of rain but I saw the beach forecast has changed. Wed -Sat is more nice then pure rain.....I might just book up a trip to the campground. I will call in a day or 2 and make sure they are open etc. and we might just still hit the beach to get out and about. Sad thing is if my body is bent a bit, metal detecting will be hard to handle, but I can do a little only and bring my lounge chair and just veg on the beach. Sounds good to me LOL Salt air would be a magical thing for me right now.

So that is something to plan and look forward to but will see cause it is all based on weather. Play by ear.

other than that I gotta get up and move a bit. check in later ya'll

oh...after that nasty incident with my good side of my butt and good knee, my appetite went way down. That low level ache is driving me nuts now so not eating as much and got on the scale and down 1/2 lb. Hey it is cool but I am hungry but I just don't really want to eat. Pain does that to me, saps the appetite a bit....eh, at least I got a move on the scale a bit thru not eating as much LOL sad huh

over and out, be good everyone
  #552   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 09:06

BF:

Good Morning!!!!!!

Trig- I feel for ya on the sicatic pain. I am wondering if what BLUE says is true it has to do with a weak back muscle?! I am wondering is there are workouts for that- in a gentle way.

Ok- sorry to freak here but, should your mom be going out shopping? None of my business for sure- I know she is healthy, but I worry what she could pick up. I will back out slowly now!!!
On the other hand I am very happy that you are checking on her and getting her what she needs. I have had to have this conversation with my mom about going out and about. It didn't go well!!!! - Trust me I get it!

I think getting together with your neighbor and sitting around the pool (6 feet away) - is a grand idea! Honestly, if you know the person well and are respectful - it is a good thing to have an outlet!

You know - that is a great idea- the camp ground. Nobody would be around- and you are taking your house with you. I can think of nothing better! Nothing says we all can't get in our cars and take in some outdoors and fresh air. Just wish out weather was better!
Keep us posted!
Hey is the kiddo "doing online school"?

Lori- I too am so grateful to hop on here and see 4 other posts!!!!! I think right now at this time in history we (us) will be able to look back and say "ya know we stayed in touch and got though this thing together!"
I will tell you that the free floating anxiety is so normal. We don't know what we don't know! The unknown does strike a cord of anxiety in us as a collective.
So please know that is so so so normal!!! Come here and just type something. We are all here!!!! Just a button away from each other. We are not faceless people. I can hear you all- through your posts!

It was so awesome that not only do we know each other through our writings, but we knew each others laugh, voice, and in person. What a wonderful thing we met!
I am so ready to to think of something else and think about our next trip!!!!!

Blue- OMG do I ever get that feeling of aimless wondering around with no mojo to do anything. I am jealous you are getting out. Although I know you will take precautions. Doesn't keep me from also being a nurse bear and concerned! WEAR GLOVES.

Please please - keep coming here even if you are feeling low. We are all feeling uncertain and you are right- now is not the time to pull out and close down from each other.
We don't have to be unicorns are rainbows- we are all past that mess!

Oh- as far as this thing being airborne. They are now showing INDEED it DOES last in the air up to 30 minutes at full capacity- then it lands on surfaces. So yes I would call that AIRBORNE. Someone coughs and walks away, you walk into that elevator. I am just saying what the CDC is saying. This is an ever evolving thing we learn more about everyday.

Again see post to Lori- what we are feeling is SO normal!!!!!!!! And we will get though it.
I get it though. XOXOXOX-
And as far as your son goes- omg my heart goes out and I get how hard it is to have a kid in another state not even close. We just have to trust that they do the right thing for themself! We also have the phone, face time and all those things. I know- its is hard.

NIC- Hey girlie!!!!!! Thoughts of you taking mountain mud hikes and loving every minute!!!!! How long are you staying?---------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All- First it is so hard to sit and look at our 4 walls and hear gloom and doom 24/7. We are about to go into hard times in every pillar as BLUE calls them!

What we can do is keep calm and focus. Know that angst is so normal, I have it too!!!!! doesn't help that it seems to be raining and gloomy here day in day out! Not even able to sit in the sun. So there is that!

All that being said- I think it would all do us good to get out for a walk. Get in the car and for a "Sunday drive" to see the country side. Breathe in some fresh air. We don't have to be locked in our houses (yet), we just have to be smart where we go. A state park, hiking trail, park with walking trails.

All that being said. I WOULD take gloves with you. Don't forget- key pads on the credit card machines, gas pumps, door handles.
Yesterday I stopped into a drug store and the gal in front of me was 20's, hair up- in pajamas and being flu meds and coughing and OBVIOUSLY sick. She paid via credit/debit and uses her fingers to touch all over the pad. I ask the lady behind the counter to wipe down the credit card pad- she rolled her eyes.
I SHOULD have had gloves. I will going forward.

Son update: He got a call from the doctors office stating that since he is young and does not have a fever they changed their mind and he is not getting tested. They ask him to "just stay in". THAT PISSES me off!!!! Here he was finally willing to get tested and can't.
GRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........
However, We had a nice long talk and he is feeling a tiny bit better. His lungs still feel heavy and hurt- and he is short of breath walking across the room.
I told him he can call me 24/7. I told him he needed to call his dad to help him out with groceries and not go out. I think he heard me now that he feels miserable. I do love him, worry about him, and wished he would have stayed in. But he didn't. Now he is sick. I can only go with the here and now and love him support him where he is. We will be in touch though out the day.
He too is alone and single and I know how that feels. Scary as hell.

Other news- I do hope that There are N95 masks for me because the surgical masks do nothing really. If they told me they don't expect me to get one, I believe them. I can hope- but I am realistic too. They were at least honest about it. The Nursing Union is raising HELL in Washington for this very reason. They expect care- yet give us the equipment to keep us safe. I will stop right here.

For me- coping= self care. I can make safe choices. I can rest, eat well, and walk. I think getting out and getting some fresh air for ME is critical to put stuff into perspective. I can only control what I can control. My actions, behaviors, and thoughts. I need to leave the rest go.

I also think getting out to parks, walks - journaling, reading, calling friends are ways or refresh.

POSITIVE: Take today and only today and find one joy. We are all healthy, we all have a warm bed, plenty of food and water. We all have the ability to walk. I think of some of my past elderly patients in wheelchairs living alone. They don't have the ability to even get out. We do.

Lastly - Again thank you ladies for coming here and sharing your thoughts. We all have an outlet here and for that I am grateful!

The sun is PEAKING- I am lacing up the shoes and going to get in my 20 minutes!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Mar-19-20 at 09:14.
  #553   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 10:33

BF:

Went to the meat market and grocery store this morning. Small meat market had a sign that no more than 3 people should come in the store at once. I was the only one there. Someone else came in just before I left.

At the grocery, I was able to get beer(yay!), heavy cream, butter & eggs! I also snagged a big pack of paper towels. There were only a couple on the shelf so I took one. Still no TP. Luckily, I won't need any for a couple months, most likely.
I had the nicest young man as a cashier at the grocery store and I thanked him for being there. I wish I would have thought to thank the workers stocking the egg/cheese/dairy aisle. They were obviously working very hard.

DH made a run to get some things for Betty and I'm going to make her candied sweet potatoes this afternoon. One of her favorite things.

A dreary day here. Maybe a nap this afternoon....though I'm not a very good napper.

Later!
  #554   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 10:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quick check in and will come back and write more this afternoon. Sunny and warm here today with no rain so I am hitting the outdoors. Rain coming Friday. Will post later!
  #555   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 13:16

BF:

Lori- YAY - for and foremost for snagging beer!
I did stock up on "adult beverage"- god for bid life as we know it ends, I want to be happy!

You were so sweet to thank the cashier. You know they are front line too!!!
I am glad you are good TP wise........ HEHEHEH.

I was thinking I would have to put together a protocol for the powder room!!! Thankfully we are all good that way!!!

NIC- OMG the weather just popped beautiful. I know why you are out. High fluffy clouds, sunshine and a high of 80. Trust Me I am going to hit up my patio shortly to SOAK UP SOME SUN!!!!!!
I so need this too!
Look forward to hearing about your adventure in the woods of GA!!

BLUE/ TRIG- Thinking about you!!!!

So I had to run out and get a new coffee pot. Mine DIED this morning. URGHHHHHH. I had to drip my coffee through a filter on the stove.
Anyway- I put on a mask, and gloves, yes I did. GA is the 10th highest state. So off I go to Target to obtain a coffee pot. A fast run in and out.
As I was heading towards the coffee pots I saw 4-5 people with a giant size 48 roll pack of TP. So I ran back and they were gone. I was sad....... then I saw an employee with 2 packs on her cart. I went over and ask if those were taken. She said someone tried to buy 3 and she was putting them on self. I ask if I might please have one and the woman in back of me ask as well.
Well- out I walked with a SUPER pack 48 jumbo PRIZE!!!!! I also scooped up 2 packs of fresh ground beef and 3 full size of Kleenex. SCORE !!!!!
I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

called my neighbor to see if she needs any- she is good. Called my mom (right thing to do) she didn't want mine. She would rather stand in line tomorrow at her local Target at 8am tomorrow when they open as she called and said they are getting in 3 cases and will have people line up. Ok...... She wants her own case. I told her not a great idea for her to be out........... YADA YADA YADA ....

I don't get it. I can't help her if she gets sick other than leaving food on her door. She said she is young and healthy....... Ok.......
You know I will most likely be just as independent at her age too! I hope so anyway. I will be a terror to take care of when I am 90!!!

The sun is out......... I am going to turn on some music..... Make a peach infused vodka (sugar free)- a new something I "found", Lacroix on ice. I need some sun, and isolated fun. When all fails- music fills in my gaps, it always has!