Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-08-06, 14:24

Plan: TSP (CALP'd for 8 yrs 1st
Stats: 235/175/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default hungry hungry hungry

Hi, all -- I'm a newbie. I spent something like 8 years on CALP, and tried Atkins before that. I had much success on CALP, but just didn't feel "well" and have been pretty much stuck at this weight for about 4 years. Then a very inspiring friend (Barbara in Germany... AKA bnb4us - and I thank you again!) told me about TCP and the Diet Cure. I've been doing this for something like 2 weeks now. I feel MUCH better eating some healthy carbs with each meal! However, I eat the proportions recommended, and sometimes a little bit extra of everything, feel satisfied, and then an hour later I'm noticeably hungry. I have been eating 5 times a day, with about 3 hours between each eating (meal or snack.) !

Oh -- BTW -- I've been no gluten for many years as I've had a known wheat allergy, and I've been no sugar for the most part since January. I stopped eating frankenfoods with chemicals and super-processed, um... "stuff," several years ago. I have a rare glass of wine (about 3 a year,) but otherwise do not drink alcohol, and I exercise 5 times a week.. I am tapering down from over-exercise.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Does anyone have any thoughts in it? Thanks in advance for taking the time.

~ tiffany
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-06, 18:22
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 267/259/220 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Hungry is good...

Hi Tiffany,

It sounds to me like you've been taking good care of yourself for several years! And it sounds like TSP is exactly what your body is craving: You're feeling much better, and your body is craving good, healthy, balanced meals.

You didn't mention any "down sides" (like gaining weight or loss of sleep or growing extra toes), so I'm wondering if your metabolism isn't just kicking into high gear. If you can handle the extra meals with a slowdown in your exercise program and still not gain weight, I would expect that to be a good thing. (And hey - I see you're only a few pounds away from your goal -- Congratulations!)

I have the opposite situation, in that (sitting at a desk all day) I get very little exercise normally, and if I eat as much as I'm supposed to, I feel stuffed!

Anyway, welcome to the group!

-Don
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-11-06, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: CALP, now Schwarzbein
Stats: 203/143/143 Female 160 cm
BF:56%/22%/22%
Progress: 100%
Default extra toes? I hope, not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerGuy
Hi Tiffany,
You didn't mention any "down sides" (like gaining weight or loss of sleep or growing extra toes), so I'm wondering if your metabolism isn't just kicking into high gear.
-Don

ROFL, I sure hope this isn't one of the transition symptoms I might get too. Well, let me count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .... Nope, so far everything is still as it should be, hehe.

Barbara
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-12-06, 16:36

BF:

Thanks for your welcome and your wisdom, Don... and your sense of humor. You mean to tell me these extra toes I've been sprouting aren't normal?!?!?!?!?!?!? Egads, but I need to re-think this thing!

I believe I probably have gained some weight, but I've banished the scale for sanity's sake right now. My clothes still fit. I'm working on accepting me as I am, regardless of any numbers. Basically, my mantra is, "it'll do for now, while I heal."

Sorry to hear of your seditary job. I think that would drive me completely bonkers. In addition to working out regularly, I'm a school-based mental health therapist in two elementary schools in Baltimore. Translated that means: "Will play with kids for food." I spend most of my days walking all over the school picking kids up, dropping them off, playing basketball, frisbee, catch... whatever gets them releasing energy and able to think creatively. I've never moved so much in my life! It does help. (They didn't mention when I took the job that one of the benies would be dramatically improving my hoops game! Of course, I have really short opponents, but still...)

Thanks for the congrats. Unfortunately, I've been in this very spot, more of less, for 3 or 4 years. That was one of the reasons I left CALP for TSP, (which, typed, still makes me think "tablespoon.")

appreciating the company,
~ tiffany
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-06, 08:24
Registered Member

Default still hungry?

I was wondering, Tiffany, are you still so hungry on TSP or has that subsided?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-15-06, 05:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb4us
I was wondering, Tiffany, are you still so hungry on TSP or has that subsided?

No, that seems to have subsided. YAY! I mean, I still get a little hungry before 3 hours are up, but it's not like before.

My latest "lovely" is flatulence. Rah. I virtually never had gassy issues on CALP, and used to tease my husband and dtr about theirs. (My husband is known as The Gaseous Anomoly at our house. ) So they're getting me back now. Time to break out the Beano again!

Thanks for askng, Barbara...
~ tiffany
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-15-06, 11:46
Registered Member

Default flatulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcqb
No, that seems to have subsided. YAY! I mean, I still get a little hungry before 3 hours are up, but it's not like before.

My latest "lovely" is flatulence. Rah. I virtually never had gassy issues on CALP, and used to tease my husband and dtr about theirs. (My husband is known as The Gaseous Anomoly at our house. ) So they're getting me back now. Time to break out the Beano again!
~ tiffany

I'm glad the hunger has subsided! I also got some flatulence at first, esp. meat (I only eat white meat) together with carbs like beans were hard for me, but I'm taking digestive enzymes now and that makes it easier on my system. Fish is not so difficult to digest together with other stuff but I think slowly my intestines seem to be cooperating, LOL.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-24-06, 10:58

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Have not had flatulence in literally 4-5 months. Literally. But then I haven't had lactose-filled dairy, sugar or any beans during that time either!

Ice cream, because of the milk and sugar combo, used to be a flattus food item.

Organic whipping cream with artificial sweetener instead is just fine as an ice cream, no problems whatsoever.