Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-24, 09:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori thru the estate I know you kept back $ to cover the 'final taxes' but in the end that few finishing issues are way better than what was before right? ugh.....get ya on it all, but that 'darn final' is a friggin' happy time truly, ALL lifted ya know.

Oh it was pre-stuffed chicken breast, I get ya, easy peasy and good quality thru a good source! easy is best way in life now thru our meals HA I know you know that

I beat Jazz and Nicco again on posting.

---------oh Lori things are ok with The Chop and his bro even tho I had to talk him down off the edge a few times in the 'crap ton' the bro was saying at the viewing......hubby went all weirdo on me and I saw it asap and took him aside and said, don't say a word, not a damn word at all and in the truck coming back first thing he said was....and Tim and to go there and say that sh** and I pulled a 'happy chat of forget it' and talked and talked til hell he forgot it all HAHA yes we gals have that power don't we talk n talk n talk til I made hubby brain dead and it worked

just ate leftover meatloaf, not enough at all. starving now.

I wanna do eat the heck out of ALL those crab legs in the freezer but MY gosh I AM so not wanting to do the cook work, but I think I might literally commit the time and effort into it.......I never saw this coming, the DAY I NEVER WANT TO EVEN BOTHER with a smidge longer cook time and I AM SO streamlined that if ANY thing gets in my way on a fast meal I go bonkers......I am a lost cause truly now HAHA

ok off I go...be good all
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-24, 16:37

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey Ladies!

I'm back. Got a load of laundry in and a load of dishes. Dinner done- burgers! Yup- I will go back. I need to win the lottery!

Trig
- OMG we SO do know how to distract a guy. They are simple minded creatures! LOLOL Good on you to not let him go to the edge!!!!!! So where is the BIL staying?!?!? Surely not with you! URGHHHH

Girl- Go for the crab!!!!!!! Do a rum and crab fest!

Lori- Glad you got to take some deer meat to the DIL. Less you have to deal with. BLECK....... Gamey.......

I hear ya on naps!

Hiya
Nic
-----------------------------------------------

Till tomorrow- still unpacking. TIRED
  #198   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-24, 06:28

BF:

Good Morning!

PJ day and catch up workday. I can do this! Anything with sun and PJ's. I actually bought myself a cute tee shirt and 3 pair of shorts at Wally world in Folly. They are a tropical print! #lovenew shorts! LOLOL

I am back on the WOE wagon. Trips are just hard in that way.
Meh- back on track and I had fun.

Still reading that book Atomic Habits. My goal is to finish that book. I bought it now I need to get past chapter 5! I am amazed That I used to be such an avid reader. Now I am a You Tube junkie and want it all spoon-fed. LOL

Good Day to hunker in- rain moving in shortly. Will be an all day rain maker. Good for some soup. I am thinking LZ Chili. Been a minute since I have had chili. I think they call it Texas chili- no bean. yup that what it will be.

Later Gators.

PS Lori- Loved the "Don't be sad it ended. Smile that it happened!" - Love that, but a little sad! LOL LOL yeahhhhh
  #199   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-24, 07:55

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Had a great massage yesterday afternoon....I have one scheduled every 2 weeks for a bit. Pricey, but it makes me feel better and I enjoy it.

I just found, and joined a Women's Traveling group. Single women, divorced women, married women who want to travel solo etc. The company is based in Annapolis, MD. Their trips are pricey, but they take care of everything except your flight to get to the start of the trip. They go worldwide and you can choose to have a room to yourself or share a room to save a bit of $$. I may give it a try sometime. There are just some places that DH has no desire to go and I'm not going to sit at home year after year while he goes on hunting trips and that's all he wants to do. What good will it do me to have a bunch of pension $$ sitting in an account when I'm too old to get out and about? The time to go and do is NOW!

I'm going to go out for a walk this afternoon and do some good thinking about where and when I can plan to go. I need something to get excited about. I also want to do a transatlantic cruise by myself. DH would die of boredom, but it sounds like heaven to me. I have no problem traveling by myself. I want to do a repositioning cruise that leaves from Europe and comes back to FL. I think those typically happen in November or so. I'm going to look into it.

Looking forward to this sunny day. I need an attitude adjustment and getting out in the sun will help a lot.

Have a good day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Feb-27-24 at 08:00.
  #200   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-24, 11:28

BF:

Jazz, yea we can 'control the guys' easily if we put our minds to it fast when we have to LOL

super glad ya had fun but darn it you are home, back to normal routine go relax, ya sound tired for sure.

Lori, yea that 'go alone' and I AM ALMOST right there with you. my hubby hasn't been receptive to my 'lets take a sh**load of trips now and I figured out why, HE IS SO into the job, they NOW rely on him as a friggin' fulltimer truly.....like my early retirement and how I wanted it to go down has now bit me hard in the azz and yikes, gonna have to deal with it and won't be easy, cause he is SO INTO this work/people literally that he is immersed but loves the job.....hmmm.....I tell ya ugh

very interesting you wrote that post, kinda like I needed to see it, cool

hey Nicco, what's doing?

-----------------crab, omg not enough food. did 2.5 lbs and it was like eating nothing.

just ate a 3/4 mini meatloaf, oh yea, I SO required it cause last night after ALL THAT WORK with the crab even tho still big hungry, I didn't bother to eat, I was friggin' irked truly. Not enough food point blank and annoying as hell to deal.......yes will finish what is in freezer and I am over that PIA.

got 1/2 that mini meatloaf left but prob. tomorrow, I think tonight I am gonna do country pork ribs. For hubby I am doing sirloin tips with taters/carrot/gravy over rice or noodles kinda thing to just make something for him when he gets home from work but for me, I STILL do me at all times

ok rainy icky chilly bleck
yes head sinus stuff going down but normal......come on early spring, can't come fast enough
  #201   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-24, 16:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Ladies!

LORI I freaking LOVE that you are looking into a solo traveling group! That is amazing!! Go you!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Jaz so you are back home now? It sounded like you were really enjoying yourself. Good luck to your son- I think he moves or closes tomorrow?

Trig yeah crab is so good though but not the most filling thing in the world! But still, YUMMO

---

Dh and I are 31 years married this week, how about that?! 35 years together. I guess I'll re-up for another year

Cooking crack slaw tonight. We ate out multiple times this weekend I am just over it. Ready to have some simple food that I make myself.

Had my every-two-year physical today. Blood was fine, checked out fine, no problems. Weight pretty much stable, A1C the same as two years ago, triglycerides down by half. Slight increase in cholesterol and LDL, not concerned, nor was she. Good to go!

Tomorrow I'm doing MOW and then have a skin check with the dermatologist.

DD and SoIL have their baby shower this weekend so all the kids will be in town. It will be wonderful to have the whole famdamily all gathered!

That's about it from here!
  #202   ^
Old Yesterday, 05:39

BF:

Good Morning!

T-storms overnight and now it's raining quite heavily. I have to go out for PT this morning and I'll stop at the grocery store and that's my day. I got out for a 45 minute walk yesterday...it was so warm! My knee hurt with every step, but I tried to ignore it. It doesn't seem any worse this morning, so I think I'm just going to have this chronic "knee thing".

I found a transatlantic cruise that happens over my birthday next February that I'd really like to do. I told DH about it and then he started talking about maybe "we" could take a trip next year. I reminded him that he said "All I want to do is go hunting." He has made that comment several times. I told him that I'm not going to sit here doing nothing while he is content to just go on his hunting trips with DSon. I think I'll just have to book it and that will be that. The week before I leave I'll remind him that I'm going.

--------

Nic.....Happy anniversary to you and DH! We will celebrate 35 years in July..where does the time go?

Trig....Hope things are going ok.

Jaz......I bet you're missing the beach. It'll be there waiting for your return! Is your DSon ready for the big move?

-------

I have to get in touch with my golf friends and see if we can get together this weekend to play. I'll have to call the course and find out if it's even playable. Between the snow melt and rain, it's probably a mess.

Have a good day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Yesterday at 05:45.
  #203   ^
Old Yesterday, 05:54

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

Lori- I was grinning about your solo travel! I too have looked into that. There is also a group online called "singles travel". You don't have to be "SINGLE"- just traveling that way. Check them out too! There is a trip slated for next Spring in Italy and France! Maybe that is where we should all meet up! LOLOLOL
I love that idea completely. I just need the time and pocket book! IF I had it I would def be out and about in some cafe in Paris.

Enjoy the warm up you have coming! You are right- sun on the face does wonders.

Please don't ignore your knee. Honestly it might need a CT as it has been a minute.........

Nic- OMG a BABY shower! Aaawwwhhhhhhhhhh........ so sweet. I know you are looking forward to that!
IS everyone staying at the "big house"? You gave away all the beds?!?!? LOLOLOL
~
Awesome on those great labs. A higher cholesterol and LDL means you are back to fat burning. So many studies are coming out now that will dismiss the LDL theory of being bad.

Yum on the crack slaw. I totally get what you mean about too much eating out. That point comes pretty fast when we are used to having high end good food from home.
Happy Anniversary BTW- WAY TO ROLL!

Trig- HAHAHAH- those crab legs are supposed to be a SIDE DISH to the ribeye! LOLOL Hense Surf and TURF. LOL

How are things going with all that is going on? You doing okay? Hubby doing ok?
I know this is going to sound strange- But dang girl you got a hubby that actually works, and LIKES IT! There is a reason I have an EX!
I know you want to travel and all. I am wondering if the two of you could not sit down, pull out a calander and compromise. We as women sorta know how to work that........The Chop does need to give a bit- he just needs that gentle nudge.

Maybe start off slow with what he knows. Campgrounds and go a bit further each time for a bit longer.

Is kiddo home? What is your plan for VA? Overnight vs day trip?
Can't wait for Spring time and all for you. I do think you need a time out to CHILLAX and have some Sun/ FUN time!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am back at it. Yesterday was a ROUGH day at work. OMG it literally was horrible. At one point I had 4 people talking to me AT ONCE about 4 different patients- they were all in CRISIS MODE. I about lost my Sh!!T.

I had one person on TEAMS talking to me, one on the phone, two via Emails in red. OMG. Add that to the fact my boss is starting to feel burned out already and stressed out. That is not helpful. (yea she said that). I dunno. I am too dam old to be dealing with drama.
I took this job for work life balance. When it no longer works it doesn't work. I am on the verge of going to Costco and just being a cashier. I don't even have to smile. 25 years is a long time to do nursing. Most people burn out way before now. Just saying.
I need the $$. Sad but true.

Well on that happy note! LOLOL -

The stuff going right! -
My son has his house closing today! He is so excited. He did the final walk through yesterday and facetimed me. I will go over after work and see it. He will be 11 minutes from me. I was the one that actually found his house when we were looking! It will be grand for him!

My DD is a month out from her masters. Their music business is doing incredibly well. She is now good to find her own passion in work, her hubby is set. Love that for them.

Woe-
99% of the time right on track. I can live with a 1% variant. Life ya know. As long as I am making steps towards where I want to be I'm feeling good about it. #real women eat meat! LOL

Got an appointment at the vet this afternoon. The pup picked up some kind of ear infection at the beach. Who knows. Might be a pound of sand in his ear. I have cleaned it out with the ear cleaner and it is still a bit bloody, and he wants to scratch. Take out the wallet.
BTW- he is doing very well on a 1/2 beef, or chicken and 1/2 kibble. Actually, he eats all around his kibble and I end up tossing it. How does he do that? I have seen him SPIT kibble out on the floor.

Birds are up this morning and it is supposed to be a warmer day!
I have a nice size filet for later and thawing about 6 shrimp as a side! ALL GOOD.

Nothing else shaking. I ordered some more vitamins and melatonin that should be dropped off on my doorstep today. What did we do before AMAZON?????

Later Ladies.
  #204   ^
Old Yesterday, 08:36

BF:

Nicco, Happy Anniversary and yea, I would keep him another year

Sounds like things are going very well for ya'll, nice to read all that for you. when things hit their ducks in a row and calm and good it is just a fine time in our lives.

Hope DD's baby shower is great, I am sure the haul will be fab on good presents, lol.

Lori, that knee, did ya do Xray yet? are ya maybe having cartlidge issues, like becoming more bone on bone action where ya can't really fix it but you have to deal? just wondering?

your DH had me laughing, hunting is priority....omgosh I had those conversations also ...ugh

but you stirred me in that I am gonna get the Chop to move with me or I move without him like you are thinking too....I mean come on, we wanna move, they come along for the ride or dont HA

Jazz, Ruger is telling you point blank, no kibble. they don't need it truly. keep the meat, ditch the stuff he don't want lol

Hey that work sounds rough and I SO get you that your age now, you are right in that 'wanna early retire, wanna change to easier, wanna do this and that', just take your time.

one nice thing if you real work goes crazy, you can still do online remote work for good darn money so.........you have options for sure, sorry tho it is going more crappy for ya.

yes you are right. crab should be a side, omgosh I used it as main food cause I ate tons at all you can eat buffet but a few lbs at home and work required to eat it, not worth it. you said it right on that!!

so happy for your DH and your DD. life is going well!! your son is only like 11 mins. away, gosh that is easy and good for meet ups.

------------today simple
got some 'end cut ribeye steaks' on markdown, hmm, seem suspect haha but will fry up and see how they are, 'end cuts' for ribeye, ok will see then doing my country pork ribs for second meal.

tomorrow is VA cemetary....not in VA, in Salisbury NC but VA meaning Veterans Admin. So it is only a 40 min drive.
will do burial at 1 and they allow 20 mins and done so should be fast. guys this drag out between the view and the burial is annoying as hell in that hubby I know feels disjointed as in it 'aint over' ya know. it is what it is but tomorrow ends that part.

be good all
  #205   ^
Old Today, 05:33

BF:

me first, wow

OK today is simple.

eat steak before going to Veterans Admin. cemetary for onsite burial at 1pm, in Salisbury, like 40 min. drive.
Hubby not feeling great, some gut issue of his, ugh, so he already said we are doing service and coming right back. fine by me.

second meal gonna put big roaster chicken in oven, 1/2 for him and 1/2 for me.

We need this over with. got estate and that hoarder house and more to handle. brain might be going into massive overload, maybe some booze with Barb will help....yup will plan that day soon HA

kiddo coming home tomorrow for a week. A WEEK......will hit grocery cause I got her food list, make me a lasagna, make me crab alfredo, make me tenderloin and mushroom and mashed taters, OMG COME ON ya know. I am so out of cooking and then this goes down but I will do it for her. Getting ready for asnother $300 grocery bill I don't want HAHA

I want this day to come and go as fast as it can and back to regular programming...ugh.

be good all
  #206   ^
Old Today, 07:05

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig- You got this on all levels lady. One step at a time and boom. I would SO SO SO hire a junk service for that house. From what you have said it is a red hot mess. You don't want that crap in your lungs- hire it out and rent a dumpster for the rest. 1800dumpster

OMG on the kiddo and her menu! I'm coming to YOUR house! Yum and Yum! Dang it all sounds good.

Sorry hubby not feeling good. There is a crap load of "bugs" going around! Hopefully ya'll can just get through today. Thanks for the VA explanation. I thought it was the STATE of VA! LOL -
Hugs today!

Lori
- How are you and that knee doing today? You sleeping in?!?!?!?- You are usually here!

Nic-
I love you are humming along. Like Trig sayes- when you hit that happy spot in life keep riding it!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea- doing some thinking about my spot. If I am honest, I have been burned out from nursing for a good long minute. I am looking. I will keep it till something else rolls around.
I'm not invested. I'm wondering about the last job I loved? I think it was at Charleston MUSC. I really did like that gig. They didn't pay to stay though.

Meh- I'm on the end of my career. I just need something to keep the lights on and some extra dimes for later. I don't want responsibility anymore. I'm not worried about it. -

I ordered some new electrolyte powder I should get today. I am curious to how that will work for me. It has vitamins in it too. I could use some extra C and B.

It got warm here! In shorts! The cute ones I bought in Folly!

Food- Back to simple, clean, carnivore. 100%- well 99.8% Lite wine sometimes. I have really cute back on all that too. It just doesn't process well. Going the "lite" is better. I even cute the lite stuff with sparkling water. So really it is the "taste" of a wine spritzer without the carbs and alcohol. It is sorta refreshing with the Pellegrino. LITE all the way!

I am looking forward to FRIDAY at 5!
Ready for the WEEKEND! Everybody's working for the weekend! Remember that song!? LOL
Ready for warm, summertime vibe! Come on!

Later ladies!
  #207   ^
Old Today, 07:11

BF:

Good Morning!

DH got up with Gabby so I could sleep in this morning. I didn't get up till nearly 8 o'clock! Heaven! I'm not sure what we're doing today. He said something about going to an antique dealer about 1/2 hour from here to see if he's interested in any of the furniture pieces that DH wants to part with. We'll see. We talked about going out for lunch too.

I had PT yesterday and had a good talk with the therapist. She put some tape on my knee for support and it actually seems to be helping a bit. I also talked to her about how I was not happy with the Dr. I saw as he just seemed disinterested in my pain once he looked at the xray and saw that there was no surgery in my future. She told me that I have every right to a 2nd opinion, so on my way out, I canceled the appt. with first Dr. and made one with another one. The one I'm going to see is the one who bought B's house. I know I can talk to him and I know he's a caring person. I see him a week before the cruise, so if he thinks a shot will help, I'll get it before we go.

---------

Trig.....Thinking about you today. Once you get this service behind you, you can focus on the other stuff. I hope DH's brother doesn't cause problems with the house and estate closing. Families can be a real PITA. Have a good week with DD! It sounds like she'll have you in the kitchen all week!

Nic....The baby shower weekend sounds like fun!

Jaz.....How exciting for your son! His place sounds so perfect for him. I hope he loves it. Let us know how it's going. How is Ruger? Did you get him to the Vet about his ears? Poor baby.

----------

That's about it from here. I'm enjoying my coffee and we'll talk about what we're going to do today. It's sunny, windy & cold, so a good day to go for a drive and out for lunch. Better than sitting here all day.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Today at 07:22.