Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2671   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-19, 09:34

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Wow- Lori, I think I would drop out from PURE joy if someone told me to STOP losing weight!!!!!! HAHAHAH
Wrinkles- there is serum. I will say though that weight loss is personal. You have to do what makes YOU feel good. Big girls get wrinkles too!!!

I think it is fabulous you are so close to goal and feeling good!
Any word yet on those 2 applications.
YUM on the steak!!!!!-

TRIG-- I thought your post was so cute regarding the Pork Chop. Ya know the older I get the less I care about the actual day of a holiday either. The only one that I care about is my birthday. Everything else is movable, and birthdays at my age is also just another day. Although I usually do something fun for myself.
But the rest of the holidays- MEH, I can go with the flow. I was considering not even putting up a tree this year. I can take it or leave it.

I think getting a mess of crab legs for you and the kiddo is an excellent idea!

BLUE- - I listened to a great video last night about making money on line. I will pass it on. I actually will send to to all of you. The gal talks fast so I actually had to listen twice and take notes on her links.
I am always thinking about a way to bring in a bit of money! Something fun to think about!

I always think about you and TJ's. I need to get over there real soon. I love that we are now full into holidays. TJ's always has fun and inexpensive things that are LC there. They have the very best flowers there too!

Nic- You have so put the travel bug in me!!!!!! I am loving your emails! I am having fun looking up the places you are going!!!
------------------------------------------------------
I woke up feeling amazing this morning. I went to bed a bit hungry and slept it off and not hungry now. It felt good to wake up "thinner"
I also am loving the cooler air. It just had to change and now it has. We are actually very cool here. 40's at night.

Still hanging at 4 down. Hey- I am good with not bouncing up and down. Would love to keep going though. Working on it, I agree that more healthy fat really keeps you full.

Today we are going to hit 60's under brilliant blue skies. I am going to organize that close today!!!! Put some music on and I know I will feel so much better when it is done. I have two years of scattered clothes in there. I actually found a sweater I didn't know I had buried under a mound of clothes. The rest of my place is standing tall- so yes my closet is driving me crazy!
I know it's silly.

I have put in a 15 minute walk- and going to do another 30 later and then a 15 in the evening. I can do that. Put on a jacket and hit the pavement with the pup.

Made a big pitcher of my passion tea- added a sliver of Myer lemon- so good. Makes my water go down fast.

Have a great one all
Sponsored Links
  #2672   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-19, 09:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz....Yep...have an interview on Monday morning at the Giant Market. Hope I like it and that it works out.

Well, the new jeans fit! I have changed my goal weight to 160, but will work on dropping just a couple pounds below that for some wiggle room. Really do feel good where I am......why push the envelope? I'll keep up the DD's even in maintenance. I think it's good for me.

Bye!
  #2673   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-19, 13:58

BF:

- LORI!!!!!!!- WHOOO HOOOOO on fitting jeans!!!

ALL- I NAILED the Thousand Island dressing this time! Made enough for 3 servings! OMG yum!!!! It needed Apple Cider Vinegar and pepper.

Made a very SIMPLE romaine fresh chopped. Added 6 greek olives, 4-5 banana pepper rings- grilled to PERFECTION chicken. topped with drizzle TI dressing. Didn't have time for the egg. With the chicken didn't need it.
Carbs- 6-7 tops. VERY good. Will DEF make again. SO SO simple.
I loved how fresh and not out of a bag. I chopped the romaine. Chicken not over done.

Thanks LORI for putting that in my head. Well worth it!
Congrats again on your rocking body!

Still have not concurred that closet- ROFL........ Too pretty out. Took Bella to the park instead.
  #2674   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-19, 18:42

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Going to take my post tonight to do something different. Going to address the subject of what we are and aren't willing to do to stop the look of aging. I know, I know, we'd all like to be that wonderful woman who doesn't care that she's aging a bit, but I think most of us struggle a bit with it? Yes?

Lori---I love that you brought this issue up. YES, as we lose weight at a certain age it's good for our health, good for our mobility. BUT it's not always so good for our faces. :/ or our jaws.

Ya know, I had on my mother's side A LOT of hefty great aunts at a time. And my mother's sister to boot. They were all VERY HEAVY. But let me tell you, they had virtually no wrinkles on their faces, although they sure did have double chins! No, that's not a solution.

SO, I'm thinking given Trig's comments too, can we discuss some non surgical solutions. I have some experience w/this. If any of you are curious about that, let me know

On the surgical options, to be honest gals, I really want to get my eyes done. I have my Dad's eyes. Heavy lid at this age. I think I may qualify for it thru Medicare, because it becomes a sight problem. But if I want my under eyes done too, I will have to pay. I think this is the one thing I just might pay for and do.

Because y'know, imo, it is good to do what you can w/out ever looking like some of those aging Hollywood gals who have gone too far and missed the grace and elegance that I believe CAN be part of looking older. They sometimes look like ghouls and it makes me sad they can't let go.

OTOH, what are the lesser things we CAN do that work to make us feel better about how we look? Yeah, yeah, I know that's not supposed to be important to us, and that somehow we're supposed to grow out of the need to feel good about how we look. SIGH. I'm not there yet.

Anyhow, if y'all want to have a thread discussion about it, I'm here to do it w/you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G-gads. What a gloomy cold day. Sprinkling of snow, nothing really even worth mentioning, but a portent of what is to come.

In my attempt to get my LC mojo back, I went to Trader Joes and looked for products that would answer to my desire to stay LC and also have some variety and taste satisfaction.

Found this kind of Lasagna type dish, but it's all sweet potatoes and 3 different kinds of cheeses. 11 net carbs for a cup. I'll have that tonight, plus a small side salad.

Another OMAD day for me. YAY. OMAD days just really help me get back on track.
  #2675   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 06:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz get yourself a table top tree. We love ours and those smaller trees can be so pretty also Who needs a monster tree? Well not me HAHA I put a giant gift bag over the sucker, into the spare closet with all ornaments on it....the next year out it comes, plug it in and kiddo hangs the 2-3 new ornaments we bought while rv'ing. Every year we buy a few ornaments from wherever we were....this year is a blue quartz ornament from Rock City Gardens in Chattanooga, a sea turtle from Edisto and a Downtown Abbey cool tea set ornament from that Christmas shoppe in Helen......and it is done. Fastest Xmas tree set up in the world to me.

Kiddo said.....nanny's name is Helen. Nanny loves Downtown Abbey....every time I see my Downtown Abbey tea set ornament I will think of Nanny.....Helen....and know we bought this in Helen GA on our rv trip I like it HAHA

Lori cool on your interview....you know you will be hired, they will increase your hrs cause you are so dependable and next thing ya know you will be full time and thinking about quitting HAHA Hey you are too good of an employee, who knew that could be a curse LOL Best of luck!

and for you Lori.... You are right there. You are so close to picking that goal number and hitting it and being in true maintenance. I can't wait til you say I AM THERE and DONE with weight loss mode and we can all celebrate the heck out of you. A cyber goal party online! oh yea

Blue your mojo is coming back Force it further along and laugh while doing it and jump on the lc tight wagon again...you got this!!!

oh the aging thing....I so feel it also. I don't want my 21 yr old face again at this age but I would take it if handed to me but I ain't doing no over the top insane crazy plastic surgery that makes me look like someone pulled a plastic bag tightly over my face. ain't going there.

I find it great that medicare would foot the bill for upper eye...that is a go if ya get that covered, no brainer LOL and do the under at the same time. You get that monkey off your back. My monkey is jowl area mostly. But I need to lose down to my final goal weight and then check it all our harshly on me and see what I can do to fix a few very small things. I don't want to throw tons of money at this, but a little money on me to fix up a few things better than they are is what I will do for me. Yea lets talk easy procedures and more here. Not a thing wrong with that!

Nicco is out having fun!

Greg disappeared. Do I keep saying 'hey Greg where are ya' or give up? hmm

so nothing much today
so cold outside. shoot me. bleck. omg I am gonna start ya know.....I am....I am.....when is early spring coming Plus being on plan and losing I am SO cold. Frozen to the bone. Drives me nuts. Hate it. I need to hit the store and get a few sweatshirts. I have no choice on it or I might perish over the winter here

DOWN .4
hey it is close to 1/2 lb so I am listing it. every day a loss. I love it.

I want the scale and don't want it. But right now in high mojo stage as long as I see any and all new low number on the scale each day it gives me vigor so I will weigh each day right now.

food yesterday was:

3 sausage patties
1 lb. ribeye steak
1 chicken breast sauteed in grass fed butter with bit of rotisserie chicken spice (love this stuff, not salty and just gives flavor which I adore)
4 chunks cheddar cheese
can of tuna and mayo

It amazes me I eat like that and lose lbs.....I so like that

not sure on today....see where it goes.

some house chores to handle.

easy peasy day. might hit grocery for crab legs but do I want to go out and drive and bother? hmm, time will tell on that.

great day all
  #2676   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 06:33

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm totally interested in a discussion about skin care and options for dealing with problem areas. If I had the $$, I would probably have a few things done. Any tips on the best serums or lotions or potions would be much appreciated! I'm going to have a facial one of these days. I love a good facial. The place where I get my massages has a woman who does all kinds of facials. I know they are a little pricey, but can really brighten everything up.

Speaking of plastic surgery. Another thing I would totally have done if I had $$$ is a breast reduction/lift. Not that I'm that big, but I would love to not have to wear a bra all the time. Smaller and perky would suit me fine.

I know you can have a surgery to deal with the upper arm sag too, but I've seen the scar that is left from that surgery and I'm not sure it's any better looking than the saggy skin. It goes from armpit to elbow and is nasty looking.

-------

I bought my tenderloin steaks yesterday, but didn't cook one yet. I'll make it later today. I bought 3 of them so I'll have one today and then I'll make the other 2 tomorrow night for both of us. DH is away today at some function, so I'll be on my own.

I'm anxious/apprehensive about the interview at the market tomorrow. I hope they have an opening in something I'm willing to do. I don't want to be a cashier, I don't want to work in the deli or seafood.....blech. They have a Starbucks in the store....I could learn to be a barista. We'll see.

I've rambled on long enough. Time for another cup of coffee.......with cream and MCT oil this time.....
  #2677   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 10:30

BF:

Good Sunday morning! Had to actually think about WHAT DAY IT IS!!!! OMG!

BLUE
- I want to jump on the beauty train! I tell ya I am not afraid to admit it I am terrified of "looking old", ESPECIALLY SINGLE. It does not help that someone said to me recently that I had better HURRY UP and land a man before I go to sh*t, and I am on a TIME TABLE!
We had words over that- my dear mother...........

Anyway- When I was younger I wasn't great about taking off my makeup. I have to admit I am somewhat better but not always. I have totally thought about a bit of botox here and there.

I have noticed that my skin is changing too! It is drier. No matter how much I drink or the amount of lotion I pour on it is dry. I too have thought about, and googled the best thing to put on your face. I do use the sensitive makeup remover and use oil of Olay with sunscreen ALWAYS. I have also noticed for the first time AGE spots on my hands. 2 very small dots- but I see them.

I had a dude at the pool when I was in the apt. Tell me I looked great and he was trying to guess my age. So he ask to see my hands. I never forgot that. I am careful to also put lotion on my hands.

Has anyone tried that serum that is supposed to make wrinkles go away? I think it is the one Jennifer Garner advertises- nuetrogena.

Remember the oil of Olay commercial- "I am not going to age gracefully but fight it every step of the way! "- To say there is not a double stand is a lie.

Men can and do age better for the most part. But I also think that genes play a part too. There are some pretty great looking older ladies out there. I think of the old great "broads" Greta Gable, Jackie O- now she was a real looker to the very end. But again, what money can buy!!!!

I also think a trendy hair style is key too! A great color and cut can take years off of us.
Funny you brought this up. I was SO SO SO close to walking off all my hair to a pixie like Lori has. Thing is it looks fabulous on her, but my round face would not support it.
I woke up this morning and was so glad I still have my hair! But I am putting it up more and more!!!

Remember the golden girls- they don't look so "old" to me anymore!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Being an ex hairdresser and loving make up- I don't think I will ever get to a point I don't care. I will be the little old lady with bright red lips smeared all over my face! Oh yea!

So what can we do- non surgical. I think getting your eyelids done is a great idea. I have thought about that too. That is about as far as the knife would go for me!
You are right that some of these ridiculous people have such puffy lips they don't look real.

My favorite though was Joan Rivers. I heard one of her famous lines: When I die they are going to think I worked for Tupperware with as much plastic I have." That was funny. I liked her. I think her snarky was was just her way. Although I was offended when she fat shamed Adele on her first red carpet gig.

Oh yes - I am interested in what you gals have to say. I also think that staying in shape covers a multitude of everything. MY goodness look at LORI!!!!!!- Pure muscle. Lori- you have the body of someone HALF your age!
Healthy and strong- that is so SEXY!!!!
So as I write this out and think about it- I would have to say, healthy and vibrant is key to aging well!

I know people who are younger than me and they look ten times older. Because they are not healthy.
I would be remiss to not toss the effects of sugar and how it ages us too!!!!!!!

Yea BLUE- you got me stirred up on that!!!!!! I am interested in what you all have to say on the subject!

Blue- OMAD is AMAZING! Even doing it a couple times a week, is golden! It really keeps me on track. To graze all day is killer on my WOE. I flourish on OMAD. When I fall off the wagon, it makes it easy to get back up brush off and keep going. Everyday is a new opportunity to feed my body well.
You are doing great. Ebb and flow as you say. Even if you aren't "feeling it" do it anyway!

TRIG- JUMP in and tell us your thought about being a women and aging. We are all in it! I smiling thinking of your PINK lipstick!

I am amazed at what you eat and you keep losing. BUT you are eating PURE, and mindfully!!!!!! PURE PURE PURE!!!!
You are really on a roll. You keep going and you can EASY PEASY get to goal in no time!!!!! Keep it going!

LORI- I have made reference to you above!
I am so inspired by how active you are. I think of that often!
Good luck on that part time gig.
It will be interesting to see what she says. You could ask her what positions she has. Ya to stand there and ring in grocery's would be tedious. But hey somebody has to do it.
I would like to walk around. Good luck! Whoever gets you will be lucky!!!

Jump in on the aging gracefully conversation!!!!

NIC- HELLO!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
Ya I ditched the closet cleaning for a walk in the park, literally.

Came home fixed a totally delish OMAD and played around on-line.
Met a guy had a delightful conversation with actually. But I am not interested in anything further. I was up late. Turned out the light at 2:30- thankfully we turned back the clock!
I still have a paid in full on-line dating site I can use until Jan. 20th. I have click the do not renew button.

I go through periods on again off again. I will stay on a bit and then tire of it and turn it off for a while. I won't renew on any site for awhile after this one. They are pricy! Truthfully all the guys sorta look alike. Most are into one nighters. I state I am not!!!!! go figure.

Any who........ I felt "thinner" and just had to jump on the scale. -2 more down= 6. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no drum roll. I want it to stick!
But ya know I feel HAPPY!!!!!!- Not as stressed. it all plays a part.
I am MOVING MORE! No more 4-6 hours in a car and then hours sitting to chart after that. If I want to move- I get up and Bella and I walk!

I am listening to me!

I am working on an article - finishing it up really today. Where should I start , how should I start to reach out to people to get published? Any thoughts? I guess I can You Tube how to get published.
You Tube is amazing.

What is the article on you ask???? HAHAHAHAH- food of course!!!

I am getting in a walk, I am finishing my writing, I have a succulent piece of salmon in the fridge with more romaine and left over TI dressing. I might boil some egg! yes I will - Chopped salad, egg, and fish. Right in my wheelhouse!

Have a good one all
  #2678   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 12:03

BF:

Back again.

I made my tenderloin steak for brunch/lunch. OMG...perfect! It was about an inch thick. I got it out and poured a little olive oil on it, salt and pepper and then wrapped it in waxed paper and let it on the counter for an hour. Then I put it in a medium-high heated saute pan for 3 minutes per side. Then it was into the air fryer for about 3 minutes. I took the temperature and got it out about 135 degrees. So freakin' good! I hope I can make them that good tomorrow night for dinner. DH will be thrilled. I was going to put extra butter on the top, but forgot. Next time.

I think I'll have a cup of coffee and then hit the shower. Low key day.
  #2679   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 16:36

BF:

LORI- OMG a perfect steak! I have done them in the air fryer as well and forgot to braise it first! It truly is a little oven- so WHY NOT!!!!! Excellent
-------------------------------------------------------
Feel feel to skip and move on- eye roll here. Sooooooooooooooo being the JAZ I am to jump into the deep end both feet first I got a reality check.

Feeling frisky I decided to just sit down and crank out a 750 word article. I actually did. We all know I can ramble and keep it entertaining at times.

So I know that most magazines start with new writers at a 750 word count. Yea..... I got this- sat down spit it out. Topic: I still think it is a good one.
"Can Vegans and Carnivores make peace at the dinner table". GREAT RIGHT!!!!!!!-

So - Here I have a BRILLIANT Piece just waiting to be sucked up by the likes of Cosmos, Woman's day, Women's Health, Readers Digest.
I just need to find the way for the $$$$$$ to roll in.

So I turned to the experts. And truly they are. You Tube. I watched video after video from top editors on how to submit a writing for the first time.
What are they looking for- what is the process, how to's, pet peeves, deadlines, the fact that most publications are running 6 months in advance. It was jaw dropping.

I listened to some really good editors who work for top magazines and listened and took notes, links, and tips. I will be looking at writers sites and leaning how to do a Query". That is a pitch for a lack of a better word.
Most magazines want you to write about what THEY want- not about what I feel rocks.

Not only that, this one guy from a very poplar magazine was talking about the top mistakes new writers make. It was fascinating. Also expect more NO than yes. Start small, writing for local before going big time to build a writing resume, called clips.

Then came the punch- stay on topic. ONE topic per article and stay precise, don't make it personal, and engage the reader.
I went back to read my stellar pice to think it now was a piece of crap. I would be embarrassed to submit to anyone. It was all over the place.

I was sorta like I write here, random stream of thought. Not pretty and neat with one guiding message. I got off on several topics in one article of 750 words.
Well.......... Back to the drawing board. I am going to look at something local to start. I like that idea. Then just start. Hit by trial and error. Take corrective criticism if kind enough to have it.

It was really interesting! It was not a waste of my time. It will make me a more mindful writer.
When I was writing for school we had a format and a strict way to do it. It was not a free flow of words. It was research which is a different animal all together.

Ok- I am good. I learned.

I got 2 really good walks in the fresh air and sunshine today. I wanted to keep walking and walking but my legs started getting tired. I can't get off the couch and expect to run a marathon.

I ate early- this time change thing really sucks. I hate it is dark by 530- 6:00.
My tummy was screaming for food by 3, which yesterday was 4. So I ate. I got full and put the other half away if I am hungry later but I doubt it- I am stuffed.

I am a beautiful fresh chopped romaine salad again, crumbled hard boiled egg (yup) , baked salmon, and my home made TI dressing. Added a pinch of salt and pepper to "freshen" it up. OMG good. I could only finish half and the rest is in the fridge. Carbs- 4-5 tops.
Added splurge of one glass of cabernet tonight.

Sitting back now in my reading room with my wine and dogger asleep at me feet. It is only 5:30. I just love this room now. I went from never using it to having it as a loving cozy cozy retreat from the big living room. My after dinner, place. It has a big bay window and I can watch the sun set in my overstuffed chair with foot rest. everything at my finger tips here. Side table and tv and laptop all at fingertip and again a nice place to relax after the day and watch the sun. It's the best view from the house.

Well as usual I got side tracked........ HAHAHAHAHAHAH
I think I , let me rephrase that. I KNOW I will be going to bed early.
Tomorrow I will spend my morning on the job hunt- SERIOUS HUNT! Then in the afternoon pack up Bella and hit up the park with paved trails not far from here.

I have a pound bag of jumbo shrimp thawing for tomorrow. I am thinking shrimp in a little Rao sauce and the rest of my romaine on the side. I then will be out of salad. I just love OMAD- working for me!

Why are my legs a little sore- seriously!!!!!! I am going to be back in shape, making this a priority.

Have a good one. Shutting it down and turning on some mindless TV after today I need it. Well I might check the dud site , take a FAST peek........ heheheheh

have a good one!
  #2680   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 04:59

BF:

Lori so glad the tenderloin was so delish. It is a great thing to keep on the menu...price is usually not wonderful but that meat sure is

Jaz, wow you are jazzed. Congrats on 2 more down!!! You are on your way.

Will be back later to chat up more. I woke up so sleepy....I ain't all here just yet. HA

DOWN 1.4----wee. I think I am close to 15 down now. I got a better whoosh than the 1/2 lb drops. Ate lighter yesterday in that I wasn't hungry til like 10 at night and ate little thru the day, but at 10 when I wanted to eat down the house I said nope, tomorrow I will eat very well and today I am gonna do just that.

back later to chat up when I stop yawning like a maniac
  #2681   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 05:53

BF:

Good Morning!

This time change has me messed up. I was up at just a bit after 4 this morning. Gabby wanted out and I just decided to stay up. DH was awake too, so this house was buzzing early.

Today is going to be a beef & fat day. Fat coffee this morning and then I'm going to brown some ground beef later and put some butter on it. That will hold me until I make tenderloin steaks for dinner. I didn't eat enough yesterday to make today a DD. Maybe tomorrow. Scale was up a pound this morning for some reason. No worries.

I have my interview at the market this morning at 10. Not sure it's going to work out as I'm going to be very picky about what I'm willing to do. DH wants me to be sure to tell them that I can't work on Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve/Christmas. I'm sure they won't like that. A prospective employee telling them when they're willing to work? HA! We'll see. The nice thing is that I don't have to do this.....it's just something to do.

I'm sleepy too Trig! Awake early and now I feel like I could go back to bed!

Be back later.
  #2682   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 08:19

BF:

Good morning.......
I am going to join the party of sleepy heads! Slept in until 830. Working on my first coffee. No fat just a splash of coconut milk.

I have real work to do today. I need to job hunt this morning and then this afternoon, I am going to take a drive by Lake Lanier. It is only 1/2 away. It doesn't have a lot of public places I can go. But I will hunt a place to park the car and get a walk in.

Lori- Good luck on the position. I agree with your hubby. I would not give up the holidays either for just something to keep you busy. Nope, I would be super picky.
Let us know how how that goes!

TRIG- - I am SO SO sure that late night eating is a weight loss Staller. Good on you to sleep through it and look what happened!
I wasn't hungry yesterday either until about 930. Unlike me I did eat and I am up a pound. It wasn't even that much. It was the rest of the sale I had not finished. But the TIMING is more important than we give it credit for.

When we eat late and then go to bed- the body doesn't really process everything else it needs too, hence weight stall or gain. I should have just waited it out like you did!

you are ON IT!!!!!!! 15 down- FIFTEEN YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You are on FIRE- I don't think in the 4 years I have been on this thread have I EVER seen you like this. You are so on it.

Blue-- We answered and jumped in on the aging gracefully post!
Did you find anything interesting at TJ's? Did you splurge to get some flowers?????- I
I plan to get there sometime this week myself.
They see a fish melody in the frozen section I like when making a stir fry. I do love my seafood.

NIC- - having fun across the pond- need update
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't have anything extra from yesterday. I was super chatty yesterday.
Today I will get my work done at warp speed so I can get out and enjoy this beautiful Fall day and get some walking in!!! That is my goal.

I am committed to walk more!!! I can't run- but I can walk at a brisk pace!!!- Ya gotta start somewhere. I am also going to do 5 minutes with 8 pound weights for my arms. I unpacked them.

Food today is going to be a lite day. I have shrimp I will lightly simmer in a marinara Rao, and them top it over a Zucchini Zoodles.
about 8 carbs, + 4 for the glass of wine I will have with my Italian dinner brings me to about 12-13 total carbs. I am good with that.

The Zoodles I will flash "fry in butter" just enough to heat. I lay them out and salt them to get rid of the water in them for about 15 minutes before using. Not a lot of salt. That is the key with Zoodles- they have to be dry. Top with the shrimp. NO CHEESE. Not missing it.

I am feeling too good to put dairy back in right now. Just for today!

Enjoy your day ladies!!!!!!!!!-

Oh- Lori- have you heard of PIYO- you have done that right?
  #2683   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 09:22

BF:

Lori you just tell it like it is for this job interview and ya can't go wrong. No hire, then it is fine for life. Hire means they will work around you cause they need ya Don't give it a second thought LOL Luckily we as older individuals can make our own rules and see if the rest of the world will adapt, if not, screw you HAHA

I want those tenderloins! I am gonna check out our Mays Meat market online and see if a whole tenderloin is on its sale time and get a monster one....best price paying for it around here...time to get that done for me. I need meat in the freezer big time at good cost.

Jaz take your time and search. right thing is out there...I know that for ya!

don't worry about up 1 cause late night eating.....means nothing. It will leave. HOLD plan tight is all it takes all the time results and benefits. I knew since I was tired, I wanted like a 16 oz ribeye and can ya imagine? I wouldn't be asleep til 7 am the next morning cause I wouldn't be able to lay down and it would have killed me HAHA so that is the only reason I opted out of eating. Cause I knew today I could eat big and feel good......laying down on big food is death to me.
  #2684   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 10:00

BF:

Well....back from the interview. They would hire me, no problem, but really don't have anything I'm willing to do. I told them no cashier, so they offered Deli...NO.....meat/seafood....NO....Kitchen....HELL NO.....the last offer was produce..hours 5AM - 2PM....working in the cooler, lifting 30lb crates, washing produce, stocking etc. Um....NO. So, I am still unemployed and thinking I should just be happy and spend more time at the gym instead of sitting here. I can certainly be more active if I just DO IT! If push comes to shove and we start needing extra income, then I'll cave and do whatever, but not willing to do something gross(meat & seafood) just for something to do!

Anyway........

Jaz....the Sport Yoga class that I do is basically PiYo. A great workout. Enjoy your walk today!
  #2685   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 16:07

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi All!

Checking in to say hi! We've been in Belgium the past several days and leave tomorrow to head back to the Netherlands. It has been a great time- first just enjoying the different places and foods, but also just having all this time to spend with DS21 and his GF. She has been with us for the whole of the Belgium trip. We've never had this amount of 1 on 1 time with DS21, much less with the GF as well. It's really nice.

I've had many different types of foods. Tonight we were really adventurous and tried Ethiopian food. Well, I can say I've had it and know what it tastes like now, but I'd not be in a hurry to have it again. We have had some truly marvelous breakfasts and some really good other meals as well. Plus so many Liege waffles, which are beyond delicious!

Lots and lots of walking going on. Each day no less than 15K steps and yesterday was 21K steps. This is not going to counterbalance all the amazing foods were are eating, but at least we aren't just sitting either! I will definitely have to get back on the stick when we get home.

DH's Dad is in the hospital. Having fluid retention and heart troubles. He's having a catheterization done tomorrow so middle brother is headed down. Youngest brother and their family are preparing for their move into the new house.

DH and I will have some alone time coming up on the back end of this trip. GF will be back in Maastricht and DS21 has several papers he has to write, so he's going to be working hard for a bit. Will enjoy this time alone out on the town with DH.

Real quick:
Trig- congrats on the many pounds down. That is really amazing! Lori- congrats to you as well with your new jeans that fit and deciding to settle in where you are after losing some pounds. Well done! I think not settling with a grocery job was a good idea.
Jaz- I like all the walking you are doing! Good idea to explore writing as an option also. Or maybe a Youtube channel?
Blue- Interesting topic and question that you brought up! I'm not sure what if anything I would have done or whatever. I guess if I could choose one thing I would have my stomach muscles brought back together again. Pregnancy and 3 c-sections really did a job on them and they are horribly separated.

Hugs to all!!
Closed Thread