Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 12:25
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Strawberry German Pancake

Man, was breakfast ever good today and really filling! My German Pancake is pictured here: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2011/0...-germanpancake/

When I opened the refrigerator this morning, two things called to me: a cut spaghetti squash half and a few remaining red strawberries in the carton. It immediately brought to mind two very old recipes: mock coconut pie I learned how to make doing Weight Watchers that uses spaghetti squash, and a German Pancake I did around the same time. The culinary cogs started clicking and this is my version of a German Pancake. This is extremely good and my husband, who dislikes all things spaghetti squash, could NOT tell it was in this! Don’t ya just love when you fool someone’s taste buds that way?

I had no recipes before me, so I first cooked the squash and forked out 1 c. of the threads for this recipe, storing the rest in the freezer for another use. Then I started throwing things on top of that into the bowl. Sometimes the ingredients just click! This is Induction friendly, too!

INGREDIENTS FOR PANCAKE:

1 c. cooked spaghetti squash threads
1 oz. cream cheese
2 T. butter, unsalted
2 beaten eggs
1½ pkt. Truvia sweetener, or equivalent sweetener of your choice
2 tsp. DaVinci Vanillla sugar-free syrup (or ¼ tsp. vanilla extract)
2 T. golden flax meal (or 2 T. almond flour, or 1 T. coconut flour)
1 T. sugar-free strawberry preserves
3 oz. sliced strawberries

WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING: 1/3 c. cream, whipped with 1/8 tsp. vanilla & 3 drops liquid sweetener stirred in.

DIRECTIONS: Microwave on HI a seeded spaghetti squash half cut-side down in ½” water for 13-15 minutes. Fork out 1 c. of the threads into a mixing bowl. Store the rest in your fridge or freezer for another use. Preheat oven to 350º. While still hot, mix in the cream cheese and butter to melt. Stir well. Add eggs, sweetener, DaVinci, flax meal and sliced strawberries. Stir well and pour into buttered pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350º for about 20-25 minutes or until center is set. Remove and cool almost completely (top layer cannot be even warm really, but bottom one will still be) or the whipped cream topping will melt and be a runny mess, spoiling visual appearance greatly. Cut into quarters and carefully lift 1 quarter out onto each of 2 serving plates. Spread half the strawberry preserves on each in a thin layer. Place another quarter of the pancake nicely on top and top with half the whipped cream topping. Serve at once and ENJOY!

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 2 servings each containing: (calculated using flax meal):

356 calories
29 g fat
12.5 g carbs, 4.85 g fiber, 7.65 g NET CARBS
10.5 g protein
217 mg sodium
314 mg potassium

37% RDA Vitamin A, 12% B6, 36% B12, 39% C, 10% calcium, 20% copper, 23% iron, 15% magnesium, 24% manganese, 30% phosphorous, 32% riboflavin, 35% selenium, 18% thiamin and 16% zinc

Last edited by Buttoni : Wed, Aug-17-11 at 16:32.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 16:38

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%

Wow. Will have to try soon.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 17:13
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

It's a blueberry version on the agenda next for me. Hope you like this!