Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-02-21, 20:17

Plan: General low-carb
Stats: 239/208/175 Female 5" 10"
BF:
Progress:
Default Carb creep

Hi all,

I've been stalled now for 2 months. The scale hasn't budged more than the normal 1 to 3 pound daily fluctuations. The good news, at least, is that I've found what works for me in maintenance mode.

The bad news is, obviously, no weight loss!

I took a good, hard look at what I've been doing. Definitely a bit of carb creep as well as (I think) my body adjusting so that what I used to eat to lose just doesn't work anymore.

I also checked my keto strips - I've always been in "trace" - once in awhile "small" but that isn't enough to get the weight loss happening again. I need to see a nicer shade of pink/purple!

I got back on the totally "clean" wagon again and I know it's working 'cause I have a banging low carb headache. And I'm not trusting myself to "know" how many carbs I'm eating/day - I'm writing it down again. Too easy to forget or fudge.

I might throw in some intermittent fasting as well. We eat early since it's so dark these days - around 6. I normally eat breakfast about 8:30. Wouldn't take much to push that to 10 and to 16:8. We'll see!

Crossing my fingers this'll break it! I still have about 20 pounds to goal.

Bron
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-03-21, 02:35
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Good luck, Bron. Nothing wrong with going back and forth from more liberal maintenance eating, especially to deal with holidays, etc. But yeah, the induction flu all over again... Hope you feel better now.

Keep us posted.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-03-21, 03:30

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

For that headache, more salt and water, or a tastier salted broth mid morning and afternoon. With more studies around long term ketosis, mainly by Virta, we are learning the depth of color on a pee strip does not mean you will lose more weight, just that you are spilling more ketones. Could be you have increased dietary fat. The longer you are LC, the fewer ketones even though have continued weight and health improvements.

Since your plan is "general low carb" it is difficult to make suggestions, but consider counting total carbs, not net, no more than 20g, and Measure any added fats, 2T cream, 3 cups veg, etc. Contrary to the "internet keto" gurus, classic low carb like Drs. Atkins, Westman, Bernstein all limited added fats, not add gobs of it to coffee. Carb creep, and fat creep, is real...and if that is the case you are not "stalled" because you are not following whatever plan you began with. January is a good time for a fresh start. All the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Jan-03-21 at 08:54.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-03-21, 10:38

Plan: General low-carb
Stats: 239/208/175 Female 5" 10"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks Kristine! Yes, better this morning.

Janet - thanks for the advice! I appreciate your insight. I lost 80 on Atkins 6 years ago and thought I was doing what I'd done then. I've queued up a couple of books to read and plan on refreshing my knowledge.

This board helps a LOT! It did 6 years ago and even more now.

All the best,
Bron