Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-19, 13:21

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

And I don't really want to change what I'm doing too much... but at this point, I am steadily losing 5lbs/month, and the more I lose, the less hungry I am, so the less I eat, so the more I lose.

Although I am up 0.4 lbs today, after a buffet at work. (Prime rib, chicken, and collard greens for me. Shoulda skipped the chicken, but I didn't think, at first, there was anything else to eat.) (Passed on dessert, though, with nothing but admiring remarks on other people's plates. Really wanted some ice cream... Need to make some, I guess. Creamy vanilla is just soothing, sometimes. Bonus points if I remember to add a little stevia.)

*chuckles*

But little fluctuations like that don't really bother me. It'll fall off again in a day or two, or the next time I do an IF day.

Main reason I don't post pics is because they have to be hosted someplace, rather than just uploaded. But I really gotta.... I even have some just about a year apart in the same dress.)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-19, 14:15

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

DANDR discusses premaintenance where the last 10 pounds takes monthes to drop, because this us when adding a few more carbs to the plate slows the weight loss.

Its the perfect plan really. The slow weight loss actually determines the food intake that will become maintenance.

So this is a gentle word of recommendation, drop the last ten slowly and glide right into maintenance.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-19, 17:38

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I can relate to the nightgown stories. Years ago, when I weighed somewhere north of 225, I bought a winter-weight nightgown that has worn like iron. When new the hem was just below my knees, now it's down to my ankles. The sleeves are no longer tight. And it does tend to slide off the shoulder on one side - husband (bless his heart) thinks it's sexy.

As for maintenance (when I get to that point), I think it's going to look a heck of a lot like what I'm eating now - except maybe more protein. Right now I've got 15-20 pounds to lose, and I think the 15 is the most realistic. That will put me at 135. Tho frankly, I'll be happy if I make it to 140!

The weird thing is that almost all of the ideal weight calculators say I should be at 120 for my height. I only weighed that little once in my life in my early 20s - & I looked skeletal. My best weight was 130-135. Also, I'm much older now - doesn't that make a difference? At 66 I'm not going to look like I did at 25.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-19, 18:29

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 208/174/168 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Congratulations on your success! Standing to do a happy dance for you!

I have been 2-4 pounds from my goal for several months now. I landed squarely between sizes (14 & 16) and I’m okay with that, but I’d still like to lose those last pounds just to get out of “obesity” category and achieve my goal. I notice that my clothes continue to get looser while my weight stays the same.

What I have learned is that I can maintain this weight easily, as long as I am still trying to lose. I can be a little less strict with what I eat, but I watch my portions—and the scale—like a hawk, and I walk every day. But I fear that once I reach that magic number I will stop dieting and put it all back on (yet again). I am 70 and weight is very, very difficult to shed. Easier to keep it off.

So my strategy for now is to keep trying to lose weight and maybe I will inadvertently achieve maintenance along the way.

Last edited by Little Me : Tue, Nov-05-19 at 18:35.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-19, 21:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
I can relate to the nightgown stories. Years ago, when I weighed somewhere north of 225, I bought a winter-weight nightgown that has worn like iron. When new the hem was just below my knees, now it's down to my ankles. The sleeves are no longer tight. And it does tend to slide off the shoulder on one side - husband (bless his heart) thinks it's sexy.

-------

The weird thing is that almost all of the ideal weight calculators say I should be at 120 for my height. I only weighed that little once in my life in my early 20s - & I looked skeletal. My best weight was 130-135. Also, I'm much older now - doesn't that make a difference? At 66 I'm not going to look like I did at 25.

Bonnie, your DH sounds like a keeper :-)

You are my height, and my age (well, 67 here), and I think also that 120 is overkill. 145 is a "normal" BMI for us, so anything lower than that is in the "healthy" range. When I was in my twenties I didn't pay much attention to my weight (that is, I was concerned that I was "fat", but wasn't too centered on the actual poundage), however I think I was about 135# for much of that time. Meaning, I was a perfectly adequate weight, but "curvy", so thought myself fat (in the age of Twiggy). Would love to be back at 135# again, but fancy anything lower than 145# is unrealistic.