Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 16:41
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joizienew
Hi everyone, I still find that the store bought bread I found is the best since I hate all the one's you make yourself. The home made benifits are not that great over this: "Nature's own" Wheat 'n Fiber bread.
Per slice:
Total Carbohydrate...7g
Dietary Fiber...........2g
Sugars.......0g
Protein........6g

I love this bread!

As far as I can tell, it is EXACTLY the same bread as what was called "Nature's Own Premium Wheat Reduced Carbohydrate" bread. So, why did they change the name? Did "Reduced Carbohydrate" scare too many customers away?
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 18:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/137/130
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hey Lessara,
What store did you find your Arnold low carb bread in?
I too live in the "Manch-vegas" area! Would live to try it.

Rosemary
  #138   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 13:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/208.5/165 Female 64 inches
BF:

I just found the Arnold lower carb bread yesterday. Came straight home from the store and had my first slice of toast in 3 months. It was fabulous! I got it at Wegmans supermarket.
Tastes much better than any other LC breads I've tried. They mostly went right into the trashcan.
  #139   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 18:59

Stats: 146/137/130
BF:

I found it at Hannafords. Bought the whole wheat and had some with peanut butter. Yumbo! Can't wait to have eggs on toast again! Or french toast, or a grilled cheese sandwich! Aahh, the simple things!
Rosemary
  #140   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 07:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

the big companies are finally jumping on the low carb bandwagon,, good for us,, cant wait for LC frozen dinners, etc
  #141   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 03:30

Plan: Atkins & Hypnosis
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 63 inches
BF:not a clue!
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Low Carb Bread

Well, I was pleased to find a great new low carb bread in my local grocery store. The bread is by Arnold and is called "lower Carb" with 6 net carb grams per slice. It was actually in the bread aisle along with the other Arnold products. It's tastes great, even the kids will eat it.
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:18

Stats: 167/158/147 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I found a bread in MY AREA (Minnesota) and it's call VILLAGE HEARTH LIGHT WHEAT BREAD:
7 gms minus 2 gr. for fiber, so 5 NET CARBS per slice!!!
It is $2.69 for a ONE POUND LOAF, YAY!!!

Just thought I would pass this along!
Heidi
  #143   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 15:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 200/190/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Walmart Supercenter in Central Pa

has the lower carb bread too. It's in the bread section. They had multi grain and wheat in ours. BTW, they also got the Hood Low Carb Milk in reg & chocolate 1/2 gal for $2.50. What a low carb deal 3 grams too for 1 cup.
  #144   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 15:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 200/190/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I forgot to tell you it's the arnolds brand bread.
  #145   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 23:06
Registered Member

Stats: 195/182/165 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 43%
Thumbs up Awesome La Tortilla Factory tortillas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellyf34
Yuck! I bought La Tortilla Factory tortillas after reading posts here, and DANG! They have the taste and texture of cardboard!

well, i partially agree with u Shelly, the regular wheat tortillas taste bad BUT i picked up the green onion flavor tortillas also, i am glad i did. The green onion flavor tortillas taste awesome(Net Carbs 3g). The wheat tortillas are going into the trash. The green onion tortillas are $2.99 for pack of 10. I also saw garlic/herb flavor tortillas but the smell of garlic was so overwhelming that i put it back on the shelf. maybe i will try it next time.

I plan to have salad for lunch and tortillas for dinner
I also picked up some Natures Own bread($1.49 with kroger card), will post my comments after i have tried it.

btw, I picked it up at the local Krogers in the tortilla section.

if u havent tried the tortillas, go get some.

Last edited by rahul325 : Sun, Dec-14-03 at 23:24.
  #146   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 21:24
Registered Member

Stats: 116/104/104 Female 5'4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 100%

Food for Life does have a weird texture and I find the slices are rather small. However, I do like that it is all natural...I avoid dough conditioners etc. I agree it works for a piece of toast w/ butter or p.b. but I'm gonna keep looking.
  #147   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 08:07

Stats: 245/190/175 Male 71 in.
BF:21
Progress:

I've found a great baker of low carb bagels (only 2.5 grams per bagel) and breads. The baker is called Low Carb Emporium, 1 800 998 7887. They are located in Las Vegas, NV, but have a web-site for ordering. I have not ordered via web, but purchased frozen at a Seattle health food store. Several flavors, although I have only had the cinnamon/raisin and onion Bagels. Just as good as Todd's and 6 per pack for less money. I toast and put sugar free honey from WalMart on them. As close to real bread as I've had in almost a year. the website for ordering in www.deepdiscountnutrition.com--although the Low Carb Emporium bagels and bread are not very obvious off the home page.
  #148   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:53

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

The Food for Life bread tastes a bit too gummy for me. I ended up giving most of it to the birds. My Trader Joe's also carries California protein bread and Ezekial bread. Neither is low carb (12 grams a slice), but they are very filling and nutritious so I have a slice for toast with melted cheese now and then. I'm not on induction obviously.

I did find a brand on the web called Irene's spicy bread, or somesuch name, that was quite good. The taste and texture was the best I've had yet for low carb bread, but the slices were small.