Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-05, 00:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/sbd
Stats: 277/272/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 4%

The Wal-Mart’s that I have been to in TX have a product called Carbdown Flat Out Flatbreads. They have 8 carbs and are pretty good! They make an excellent thin crust pizza. I have used olive oil and minced garlic instead of tomato sauce and have used proscuitto/olive/feta, chicken/olive/mozzarella, turkey, ham or Canadian bacon and cheddar instead of typical pizza toppings.

I usually brush on the olive oil/garlic mixture and bake the flatbread till its almost crisp then add my toppings and bake till it's crispy and the cheese is melted.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-05, 01:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox
I made this using the La Tortilla Factory low-carb tortillas. It was really good. Filling too....so I had left-overs. I was very disappointed that they did not reheat well. I tried the microwave. YUCK....the crust was soggy. I tried a skillet...the crust burned before I could get the cheese melted (and I had a cover on the skillet).

I didn't want to use my big old regular oven to reheat one of these. Someone on a different thread suggested using a toaster oven. I think that might be the answer. Some people are going to try that and let us know how it works. If it works well, I'm going to get one. These are so good.....when first made.

I use the same tortillas.......

Rarely do I make more than one "Pizza" if I use the larger Tortilla, and if I use the smaller I only make 2 at a time for myself. Haven't had this for a while as I am doing induction now to follow through on breaking a stall...

To re heat in a frying pan or oven, LOW heat is the only way. It takes longer but you won't burn anything.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-08, 16:19

Plan: CAD
Stats: 177.5/173/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 12%

I'm new to the LC WOE. My DH & I are in our 3rd week. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Made this tonight using LC pita bread and it was awesome.