Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 03:47
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach (new)
Stats: 223/205/140 Female 5 feet six inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Yet another try

I am so frustrated. I was down to 170, now back up to 190. I have tried low carb, low calorie, diet pills, you name it and I always seem to end up in bed at 10 p.m. with a dish of icecream, lol. That said, I am going to try again to get moving with my plan. I am going to try low carb again, even though I lose very slowly on that plan. When doing Atkins, I was a turtle for sure. So, I could use some encouragement.

I was doing well, then, my mom got very ill with cancer. At the same time I took a job that seemed to be a dream come true. It was actually a nightmare. My boss was a micro-manager and very abusive. My blood pressure was 119/98 at one point and my doctor told me it was not worth my health, although the money was great! So, I quit. Now I am home for the summer, unemployed and tired of being fat. I have the extra time it takes to eat healthy (and it does take a bit of extra time I have found) and no reason not to get going. I am 50. Oh my God that sounds so awful! Overweight, 50, and unemployed.

I used to be a runner, but due to a back injury in 2002, I can't do a lot of strenuous exercise. But, I can walk, which I don't do. So, I gotta get moving folks. The time is now. Hope I feel the same way tonight at 10. Cheryl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 14:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

I'm surprise no one else has responded - I don't think people come to this area much anymore. I'm also a turtle - or whatever's slower than that (maybe a very sickly, old turtle?).

So ... good luck to you and keep us posted. It can definitely be a struggle during life's rough times. If it helps any, up until six months ago, I was 42, overweight and unemployed (OK, so now I'm just 42 and overweight; LOL). Before eating that ice cream, I try to remind myself that it may make me feel better for a few minutes, but when I'm done, I'm still going to be in the same boat I was in before - except even more overweight.

Hang in there! Try to use the extra free time constructively, working out or whatever. And try to find other ways to comfort yourself instead of using food.

Last edited by rloveman : Wed, Jun-23-04 at 14:55.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 09:50

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

Hi Cheryl,
I can relate to your icecream fix, but if you take LC icecream, the damage will be a LOT less! And if you're sensitive to sugar alcohols you will automatically not eat too much of it, I love that!
Just rememebr that it's great to have the time for walking, go out and enjoy the fresh air!
and keep smiling!
Willeke
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 06:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi!!

I have the ice cream thing too! I found that when I got the Atkins Ice cream bars I didn't blow my carb intake and I could eat only one and it did the fix. Thank God for Low carb ice cream bars!

Have a great day!!