Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-19, 14:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Gorgeous new DietDoctor App with 600+ Recipes. Free and only for iPhone. iPad and Android on the way. not good for my old eyes in a kitchen setting, but fun to scroll through the recipes. https://www.dietdoctor.com/we-just-...diet-doctor-eat

Just downloaded the app. Do you know if the paid subscription is that much different than the free app?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-19, 15:26

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
Just downloaded the app. Do you know if the paid subscription is that much different than the free app?

Same as on the website, premium gives 100+ customized meal plans and can create a shopping list from them.

But all 600+ recipes are free on-line and on this app.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-19, 22:18

Quote:
Same as on the website, premium gives 100+ customized meal plans and can create a shopping list from them.

But all 600+ recipes are free on-line and on this app.

Thanks Janet. I’m also starting IF. I’m on Day 6. Feeling good.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-19, 05:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
Thanks Janet. I’m also starting IF. I’m on Day 6. Feeling good.

Then you probably not need meal plans I have yet to use one of them. Nice to look at, but nah...I don’t eat three meals a day If you have been on the Fasting thread, you have seen this, but The Obesity Code Network FB has fantastic organized Files. DietDoctor has good fasting information, but also Join that, tons of starting tips, including the IDM version of a Fat Fast.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-19, 21:54

Quote:
Then you probably not need meal plans I have yet to use one of them. Nice to look at, but nah...I don’t eat three meals a day If you have been on the Fasting thread, you have seen this, but The Obesity Code Network FB has fantastic organized Files. DietDoctor has good fasting information, but also Join that, tons of starting tips, including the IDM version of a Fat Fast.

Thanks! I love this forum. The ppl here are courteous and so knowledgeable and helpful. I’m having the best time losing weight. I love having java with everyone in the mornings.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-19, 11:47

DietDoctor has just posted ALL of their Low Carb Guides in one place. That's 50 + guides, covering all the basics, all the most commonly used Health guides, tips for weight loss, stalls, and women over 40, the nutritional science, etc. Really it has Everything for Everyone, from complete beginner to veteran low carber. Dr. Westman has many talks, the original low carb guide, interviews etc. on this website. Many of the well-known Low Carb doctors and researchers do as well.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/guides
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-19, 09:36

DietDoctor also started a new Facebook page in January only for members. You get an invitation link by email so they know you are a member. Kristie Sullivan is the main admin; her own page has 186,000 members so she has experience keeping large FB groups focussed.This new DD page allows for many versions of LC and fasting, like moderate LC, so know your own plan. https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...t=470795&page=3
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-19, 17:36

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
DietDoctor also started a new Facebook page in January only for members. You get an invitation link by email so they know you are a member. Kristie Sullivan is the main admin; her own page has 186,000 members so she has experience keeping large FB groups focussed.This new DD page allows for many versions of LC and fasting, like moderate LC, so know your own plan. https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...t=470795&page=3
I did join the Diet Doctor FB site. However let it be said that I totally *hate* FB as a support forum. The linear nature of FB posts makes it impossible to keep up with what gets posted there, and impossible to organize posts in any sort of logical order. It’s like trying to keep up while reading a double-speed TelePrompTer with no easy way to see what already skimmed past you.

I love the format here at lowcarber.org. So nice and organized. You can easily follow threads and topics that interest you and ignore the rest. You get to feel like you know the other people. I just don’t understand why everything is on FB these days. I hate it as a support vehicle. Guess I’m feeling grump today.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-19, 04:55

I completely agree with everything you said about FB being awful as a source of information. And this one may end up even worse because it allows anything LC you find on DietDoctor...keto, moderate LC, fasting. If someone asks a question, you need to go through the whole what are doing and eating routine. And members are posting a zillion recipes...when there are good recipes already on DD. If you are fasting ... watching 20 photos of dessert recipes fly by is not helpful. Compare to the Obesity Code page which has a very specific focus on fasting, no food photos or recipes allowed, and they provide all possible information needed with the very organized and indexed Files. Files is the only way to get around the Timeline structure of FB. Some groups use it better than others.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-19, 12:47

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Yes the files are helpful but you still don’t get the personal touch that you do here. This place feels like “family”. FB is like a bunch of strangers all shouting at one another and often shouting the same things over and over. I don’t actually mind the recipes and photos on DD, even I’m fasting. Actually prefer it to the total ban on the Fung sure.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-19, 23:54

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

FB groups aren't all inherently bad imo, it's just a matter of finding one that suits you, if any.

I hang out on the FB group for the "What The Fat?" book series, in which authors and LC identities Grant Schofield and Caryn Zinn sometimes post. It's a tidy little gathering of mostly Kiwis and Aussies, without so much traffic that it gets overwhelming, and not so little that it becomes pointless. A nice little complement to this forum which allows for deeper discussions with a wider audience.

I think I could only imagine getting more involved in other social media groups if I felt I had nothing better to do. But I'm way too busy for that right now.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-19, 03:46

Grav, that sounds like a terrific group, especially with some occasional input from those two experts. I’m one of the moderators for what started as the FB presence for the Durham monthly support group. It has thousands more members now, but it is still not very active. Most people come for "page 4" I keep three documents in Files for resources, but they are small potatoes compared to the Obesity Code mega filing system. I have checked the new DD page only for a few days...it lacks focus, moves too fast, there was a complaint from another member, so not only me.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-19, 06:55

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
DietDoctor has just posted ALL of their Low Carb Guides in one place. That's 50 + guides, covering all the basics, all the most commonly used Health guides, tips for weight loss, stalls, and women over 40, the nutritional science, etc. Really it has Everything for Everyone, from complete beginner to veteran low carber. Dr. Westman has many talks, the original low carb guide, interviews etc. on this website. Many of the well-known Low Carb doctors and researchers do as well.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/guides

Thanks for the link, brand new to this low carb thing so I'm going to read through some of the guides!
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-19, 07:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDawn
Thanks for the link, brand new to this low carb thing so I'm going to read through some of the guides!
Welcome Daisy Dawn...you will be reading for wuite a while. I also like his one page printable leaflet for keto or LC...can use it as a shopping list. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto#leaflet Tons of free info but sign up for the free trial, that will give you access to excellent video talks, easy to cancel after a month if you do not find the extra content valuable.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-19, 07:58

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Welcome Daisy Dawn...you will be reading for wuite a while. I also like his one page printable leaflet for keto or LC...can use it as a shopping list. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto#leaflet Tons of free info but sign up for the free trial, that will give you access to excellent video talks, easy to cancel after a month if you do not find the extra content valuable.

I was looking at the free trial, will sign up for it