Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 09:27
Too kinky for you

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/246/187 Male 176 cm
BF:xxx/27.2/20
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoofieD
Okay Sinbad, can you tell me what is so wrong about the "michelin man"? Cause I am really not getting it :-)

More her negative connotations and the tone she took than anything... "YOU ARE GETTING FAT AND I DON'T WANT TO MARRY A FAT PERSON" was what she was really saying
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 12:38
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 180/148/130 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:unknown
Progress: 64%

Unfortunately people just tend to gain weight as they age. I was 110 when I married my husband 25 years ago. He has never said anything at all about my weight gain. He was 140 pounds when we married, I have never said a thing about his weight gain. We'll never get to our previous weights and I don't think that is our goal. You have to love your partner unconditionally. He may have an accident and lose the use of his limbs, or have a heart attack. There are no absolutes in life. I think this guy is shallow, he's not thinking of his wife just himself. Judy
  #183   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 22:00

Plan: My Own/Atkins
Stats: 500/364/225 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hmmmm........30 pounds? My friends brother told his wife before they got married he would divorce her if she gained weight!
I told my friend to tell his jerk of a brother he better be prepared to get some hair plugs with all the male pattern baldness in thier family so he has that nice mane he had BEFORE they got married that she has come to enjoy running her fingers through. They just had a baby and I'm curious to see if he keeps his word and divorces her for not loosing those post baby pounds.......
People get a little fatter at times, they loose hair, skin sags, things change as you age. What if his wife had breast cancer and had a breast removed? What if she didn't get a replacement?
My husband is as handsome to me as the day we were married. He finds me just as attractive. If you go into a marriage expecting everything will stay the same then you shouldn't get married period. Its a long fall off a high horse and the ground is mighty hard I tell yah:0)

Nibby
  #184   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 06:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/190/140 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default My thoughts..

I didn't read the original link posted that started this all, because it asked me to log in to something... so I'm not sure if he was being mean about it or not. Generally, though, I think physical attraction is an important part of a healthy relationship... not ALL of it, of course, but a PART. It doesn't necissarily mean the person is shallow, it just means they are more attracted to certain kinds of bodies. Sam, for example, can't stand very very thin women (which I like very much about him ). When I pointed to one of these women on tv and said 'I wanna look like THAT', he said that he'd still love me and stay with me, but that sex would be out of the question... he just wouldn't find me attractive.
I don't think asking your partner to lose a bit of weight is a very bad thing.. so long as it's done without hurtning the other person's feelings. I know a lot of women (myself included.. and probably men, too) are sensitive about weight and their appearance, but I don't think a spouse or partner should pretend that they will always be physically attracted to the other person no matter what if that isn't true.
However, I also think that everyone's own body is their own business. If you want to lose weight to make yourself more attractive, good. If you're happy with your body and not willing to change it for someone else, your partner will have to accept that, and continue loving everything else about you.
  #185   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 07:15
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibby
My friends brother told his wife before they got married he would divorce her if she gained weight!
How much does her husband weigh? Because right there is some dead weight she could very easily get rid of.
  #186   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 20:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

i am a guy, if she gets fat and you love her it just more to love on, kinda different anyway, id still love her.
lose and gain forever what ever. he musta never loved her anyway. her falt for landing a bum. lol
  #187   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

The happy couple:

#188   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 13:40
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Gotbeer-- ROFLMAO... I wondered why someone has ressurected this thread, now I see. You had to have time for the research!