Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 15:48

Plan: 2017/Dukan
Stats: 139/126/118 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Dukan Diet

Pierre Dukan is a French medical doctor and nutritionist with 40 years of experience in clinical nutrition, and the creator of the Dukan Diet. The Dukan Diet is a high protein, low fat, low carb diet. Lean protein, vegetables, oat bran, water, and a daily 20 minute walk are at the heart of the plan.

There are two options for doing the Dukan Diet; The Original Dukan 4 Phases and the Dukan Nutritional Staircase. You choose which option is best for you. Here is a brief overview of the two options:

THE ORIGINAL DUKAN DIET 4 PHASES

The Dukan Diet is a diet plan with four distinct phases. The first two weight loss phases, Attack (Phase 1) and Cruise (Phase 2) are based on the use of 100 allowed foods that make the food you eat high in protein but low in sugar, fat and carbohydrates. These 100 allowed foods are made up from a list of 68 low fat, protein rich foods and 32 vegetables which are low in sugar and starches. In Phase 3 – Consolidation you start to add back fruit, hard cheese and starchy foods until you reach the final phase Phase 4 – Stabilisation which you follow to keep off the weight forever. The Dukan Diet is also known for its daily serving of oat bran!

1. The ATTACK Phase: to jump start your weight loss. The Attack phase consists of pure protein and creates a kick-start to the diet. During this phase, you can eat 68 high-protein foods that produce immediate and noticeable weight loss.

2. The CRUISE Phase : to reach your True Weight. The Cruise phase adds 32 vegetables and will take you to your True Weight. In total, you can select from 100 Natural Foods. You will gradually but steadily lose weight by alternating Pure Protein days and Protein + Vegetables days. The average length of this phase is based on a schedule of 3 days for each pound you want to lose.

3. The CONSOLIDATION Phase: to prevent the rebound effect. During this time you are at your most vulnerable, as the body has a tendency to quickly regain weight. The Consolidation Phase is designed to prevent the rebound effect by gradually returning previously forbidden foods in limited quantities and allowing for up to two “celebration" meals per week. This phase follows a strict timeline – 5 days per every pound lost in Cruise Phase. It is important to follow one other important step once the Consolidation Phase has begun - a pure protein day on Thursday.

4. The STABILIZATION Phase: definitely crucial, for life. The Stabilization phase is the rest of your life! You have learned how to eat healthier in the previous phases and have developed a pattern to follow. In addition, to keep your new slim body, you must follow these three simple but non-negotiable rules:

- 3 Tablespoons of Oat Bran per day
- Walk 20 minutes daily and choose to take the stairs whenever possible
- Have a pure protein Thursday, i.e. Attack Phase menu.

Many people regain the weight they lost after they reach their goal weight. The Dukan Diet method creates a complete program that goes beyond just the weight loss phases. Two phases are devoted completely to the maintenance of your True Weight: the Consolidation and Stabilization phases. The last phase, Stabilization, is probably the easiest but also the most important.

Follow through all of the phases!

NUTRITIONAL STAIRCASE

- It is a 7 day mini Dukan Diet which takes the place of the Attack and Cruise phases.
- It is made up from elements of the Attack, Cruise and Consolidation phases.
- This 7 day cycle is repeated over and over again until you reach your target weight.
- You add a different food or food group each day.
- It is less intensive and more flexible than the original Dukan Diet so it is easier to stick to.
- It allows you to have a social life as you get a Celebration meal every week.
- You are allowed to eat fruit 5 days a week.
- You are allowed to eat cheese 3 days a week.
- You are allowed 1 small glass of wine each week.
- The downside is that you lose weight at a slower rate.

Monday – Day 1: Pure Proteins (from Attack Phase) For anyone who is familiar with the Dukan Diet it probably won’t come as any surprise to find out that pure proteins from the Dukan Diet, plus oat bran and Shirataki noodles are the foods that are added on the first day.

Tuesday – Day 2: Pure Proteins and Vegetables (from the Cruise Phase) On the second day the allowable vegetables are added. So you can eat freely from the list of 100 allowed foods.

Wednesday – Day 3: Pure Proteins, Vegetables and Fruit (from Consolidation) Up until today the diet seems very familiar but on day 3 we add 2 pieces fruit, one of the additional foods from the Consolidation phase. I think this change is going to be very popular as I know many followers of the Dukan Diet have found having to give up fruit for weeks on end extremely difficult. However not all fruits are allowed – grapes, figs, bananas and cherries cannot be eaten as they contain too much sugar.

Thursday – Day 4: Pure Proteins, Vegetables, Fruit and Bread (from Consolidation) On Day 4 we add another food from the Consolidation Phase – 2 slices of wholemeal/whole wheat bread.

Friday – Day 5: Pure Proteins, Vegetables, Fruit, Bread and Cheese (from Consolidation) The fifth day adds another food which is often craved after during the Attack and Cruise Phases – 1.5 ounces of hard cheese.

Saturday – Day 6: Pure Proteins, Vegetables, Fruit, Bread, Cheese and Starchy Food (from Consolidation) On the first day of the weekend you are allowed to add a 7 ounce portion of starchy food such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta or quinoa.

Sunday – Day 7: Pure Proteins, Vegetables, Fruit, Bread, Cheese, Starchy Food and a Celebration Meal (from Consolidation) The last day introduces the final item from Consolidation – the Celebration Meal, a 3 course meal (normal portion sizes but no seconds) plus a small glass of red wine.

Repeat!

DUKAN DIET FOOD LIST

List of 100 foods allowed without restriction on the Dukan Diet during the weightloss phases (and beyond); Attack Phase and Cruise Phase

68 PURE PROTEINS: Starting on the Attack phase:

Lean meat: Beef tenderloin, Filet mignon – Buffalo – Extra-lean ham – Extra-lean Kosher beef hot dogs – Lean center-cut pork chops - Lean slices of roast beef - Pork tenderloin, pork loin roast – Reduced-fat bacon, soy bacon- Steak: flank, sirloin, London broil– Veal chops – Veal scaloppini - Venison

Poultry: Chicken – Chicken liver – Cornish hen – Fat-free turkey and chicken sausages – Low fat deli slices of chicken or turkey – Ostrich steak - Quail – Turkey - Wild duck

Fish: Arctic char – Catfish – Cod – Flounder – Grouper – Haddock – Halibut and smoked halibut – Herring – Mackerel – Mahi Mahi – Monkfish – Orange roughy – Perch – Red snapper – Salmon or smoked salmon – Sardines, fresh or canned in water – Sea bass – Shark - Sole – Surimi – Swordfish – Tilapia – Trout – Tuna, fresh or canned in water

Shellfish: Clams – Crab – Crawfish, crayfish – Lobster – Mussels – Octopus – Oysters – Scallops – Shrimp - Squid

Fat-free dairy products: Fat-free cottage cheese, Fat-free cream cheese, Fat-free milk, Fat-free plain Greek style yogurt, Fat-free ricotta, Fat-free sour cream

Eggs: Chicken – Quail – Duck

32 VEGETABLES: starting from the Cruise phase:

Artichoke - Asparagus – Bean sprouts - Beet - Broccoli - Brussels sprouts - Cabbage - Carrot - Cauliflower - Celery - Cucumber - Eggplant - Endive - Fennel - Green beans – Kale – Lettuce, arugula, radicchio – Mushrooms – Okra – Onions, leeks, shallots – Palm Hearts - Peppers – Pumpkin - Radishes – Rhubarb - Spaghetti squash - Squash - Spinach – Tomato – Turnip – Watercress – Zucchini

More foods allowed on the Dukan Diet:

Shirataki: Unlimited starting from the Attack phase. The Konjac root from Asia (China and Japan) is satisfying, rich in fiber, stimulates intestinal transit and has virtually no calories. You can also find konjac in other forms, such as a powder or ‘flour’ and sometimes a gel. You can use any form for Dukan Cooking.

Olive oil: starting from the Cruise phase. Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, polyphenols and vitamin E (an antioxidant) – all essential for health. Limited quantity: 1 tsp

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter: 5 pumps per day

Goji berries: starting from the Attack phase. Limited quantity: Pure Protein days: 1 Tbsp , Proteins and Vegetables days: 2 Tbsps.

Sugar-free gelatin

Spices and Condiments (see Dukan book or visit Dukan website for specifics)

Wheat gluten: 4 tbsp / week (all phases)

Oat Bran
Attack phase - 1.5 tablespoon / day
Cruise phase - 2 tablespoons / day
Consolidation phase - 2 tablespoons / day
Stabilization phase - 3 tablespoons / day

65 Ounces of water
Tap water or sparkling mineral water
1 Diet soda per day
Coffee/Tea w/ Skimmed milk and/or stevia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 16:37

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 145/122/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 92%

I'm in Maria
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 16:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pina52
I'm in Maria

Yea!!!! My thread got moved and the word "buddies" was added to the title. I must have not put it in the right location.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 17:00

BF:

Oh, I see. It got moved from Daily Low Carb support to Countdowns, Buddies, and Challenges. Hmmm..... I guess it does not get to be a diet plan on its own.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 17:06

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 145/122/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria527
Oh, I see. It got moved from Daily Low Carb support to Countdowns, Buddies, and Challenges. Hmmm..... I guess it does not get to be a diet plan on its own.

Dr Dukan would not be impressed. Just because the Dukan Diet is not the "flavour of the month"....really!

I see that you've covered the Staircase summary very nicely...thanks for that, Maria.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-18, 17:15

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Maria, perhaps reach out to a moderator like Doreen T.

I love that so many options are now available for people to find one that meets their needs.

This one is new to me-- so I am interested in understanding it. DANDR has been my bible for almost 2 decades; some years ago I picked up every low carb diet book and read cover to cover. To deepen my understanding of low carb.

Glad to see supporters joining in who know this program. GOod luck.