Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#976   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 07:07

Plan: Jenny Craig
Stats: 240.4/194/165 Female 5'6" - large frame
BF:soft/round/cuddly
Progress: 62%

Wow Dane, caught your picture and you look fantastic!!! Your arms are like To Die For!!! I am so green with envy right now. I really need to work out.........yeah, I obviously enjoy saying things just to hear myself talk.

(I'm such a dumbass, I posted this in your j when I know durn well you don't read that thing)

C
Sponsored Links
  #977   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 08:20

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Wow Dane you have a mighty fine ass
  #978   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 08:46
You HAVE to WANT it!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 173.4/166.6/129 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 15%

Lisa, you look FANTASTIC!! Congratulations!!! Your dedication to this has definitely paid off!!! I am so excited for you!!!
  #979   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 13:51

Plan: Organic/Dr. Berg
Stats: 239/201.6/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 42%

Great job Lisa! I'm especially envious of your shoulders and back...you look great! Please post the link to your plan when you have time, I'm curious to check it out! Thanks!
  #980   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 14:39

Plan: Semi LC
Stats: 188/175/169 Female 67.5 in.
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hot Damn! ***wolf whistle*** Dane, you are one sexy mama! I cant believe what a huge difference you have made since March...its truly amazing and motivational!
P.S. Love the red booty shorts with the yellow ducky!
  #981   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 18:53

Plan: LC/LF + weights & cardio
Stats: 158.0/138.8/135.0 Female 5'7 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 83%

Hi Dane~

Galatia sent me to you, she told me you may be able to help me with my problem, (but first I wanted to tell you that you look so amazing, wow)! Congratulations on the incredible payoff for all your hard work!

Anyway, I have all sorts of thyroid issues, (going back to dr. soon), and very extreme metabolic resistance, (due to many years of being anorexic & burning my system out). I do cardio plus lots of strength training almost every single day, (alternating body parts), and I'm having a really hard time building much muscle or losing any weight or body fat%, (in fact, both have been steadily increasing over the last few months). I eat low carb, low fat & high protein, (& I have a protein shake right after my a.m. workout every day). I was wondering if you might take a look at my gym log whenever you have time, (it's only a few pages long), & let me know if you have any advice? Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated!
  #982   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 04:26
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Woooooo thank you, Deb, C, Kris, Lynn, Seanna, JJ, wings (is it Lena?)! I appreciate it more than you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psn
(I'm such a dumbass, I posted this in your j when I know durn well you don't read that thing)
No problem! If someone posts there, I'll see it in my "subscribed posts" page, so I'll reply. I just found it easier for me to keep everything in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG
Please post the link to your plan when you have time, I'm curious to check it out!
My current plan is Lyle's PSMF, which is linked in my signature. Before that, I was doing carb/cal cycling set up for me by Built--it's detailed on her blog here:
http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007...he-baby-weight/

Wings, I'd be happy to take a look at your current program. I'll swing by and check it out in a bit.
  #983   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 10:30
muscle bound

Today's eats:
M1: coffee w/1c milk
M2: eggs (1/5) scrambled in tsp butter w/mushrooms; a tangerine
M3: cheese flavored cheetos, coke
M4: 2scp van whey/2T lemon/lime gatorade--pre and during lifting
Ex.-lifting
M5: rhubarb crumble w/200g cottage cheese
M6: spaghetti and meatballs
M7: hot tea w/milk and sugar, maybe a few triangles of toblerone

Cals and macros--no clue
Weight--159.8 (yesterday was 160.0)

So look, a workout!

Shoulda done it yesterday, but I just didn't get in the mood. I'll be lifting again tomorrow, then Fri and Sat. My left shoulder/trap is feeling a bit off; think I slept on it funny, so kept the weights a bit light.

Horizontal Push/Pull
Flat BB Bench 5x5x86
BOR 5x5x86
DB Incl Bench 3x8x23 ss w/Incl DB Flyes, 3x8x23
Chest Supported DB Row 3x10x23 ss w/Fat Girl Pullups 3x6xBW
Pushups (a new exercise for me) 3x4,3,3 ss w/Planks, 3x30"

My arms/chest are a bit trembly--hope I don't pay for this with massive doms tomorrow!
  #984   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 10:49

Plan: LC/LF + weights & cardio
Stats: 158.0/138.8/135.0 Female 5'7 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 83%

Yep, Lena, that's me!

(I posted this in my gym log, but I'll put it here too, in case you don't get back there, since you seem like an extremely busy person)...

Hi there~

Wow, thanks for all the in-depth reading of my journal & gym log! Yes, I know you're absolutely correct that I'm doing too much of everything, (I mean, who works out this much, aside from serious athletes, & at least they have something to show for it)! The really crappy thing is that I didn't start out this way, my food just kept getting whittled back more & more, my exercise just kept getting upped little by little, as I continued to gain weight & BF% on any more food & any less exercise. I guess I've just been so desperate to lose some weight, (& terrified of the seemingly uncontrollable gaining & gaining), that I'm being pretty excessive these days. I know that a big, huge part of it is most likely my thyroid going nuts again, & I am going back to the doctor soon to try & get it figured out. Right now, eating more food does cause me to gain like crazy, but I'm not sure if I can fix my metabolism myself by doing what you said or if I need to get back on medication too.

(sigh)...It's a vicious cycle: Eat more, gain like crazy, cut back in panic, gain anyway...

You're right, I don't eat much, (although I'm trying harder since my little failed IF experiment):

B-(After am workout)- Whey protein shake, 100 cal, 1 gram fat, 5 carbs
L- Can of tuna with 1 tsp. Smart Balance mayo, celery sticks
P.M. (Before workout)- maybe another shake or 2 hard boiled eggs
D- Salad or steamed veggies with either a grilled chicken breast, fish, salmon burger or turkey burger (on top of salad, no bread).

Isn't it crazy that I'm still gaining weight & BF on that, even with all the exercise? How is that possible? (Well, obviously, something is not right, huh)???

Thank you again for everything, and I'll definitely check out your forum & the workout you suggested!

P.S. Actually I really LIKE everything that you (& Deb) have said to me, I dream of the day that I can do LESS exercise & still be able to lose weight & BF% & reach my goals...(Speaking of goals, however, I'm a runner, I enter lots of races & things during the summer. I need to train, so I have to keep doing the cardio, but I'll try to cut it back a little for now).

Last edited by iwantwings : Tue, Apr-22-08 at 13:03.
  #985   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 16:36

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 906%

LISA/DANE! OMG, the pics are out of this world. You have transformed your body and you look gorgeous! Yeah, you'll be super hot for FL trip!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!! New pics for my fridge! Thanks!
  #986   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 10:21

Plan: my own
Stats: 022/016/008 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

I'm with Scarlet. Nice ass, Dane. You look fantastic!!
Your pictures brightened my day, yesterday, and I needed it very much!
  #987   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 04:42
muscle bound

Thanks Winnie, Lisa! Lena, good to see you--I'll swing by your log in a little bit to reply.

I need to update in here-
I decided to take the quick jump to maintenance calories, rather than the slow ramp-up I did last time. Interesting to see the weight spike in water/glycogen. My jeans still fit, so it's cool, but my belly roll has collected some fluff (water, fat, whatever) which is

I'm not tracking calories this week, just trying to be mindful of protein amount, and portion sizes. I'm eating carbs, plenty of carbs, so no worries about hitting the 100g minimum. Next week I will start tracking again, getting ready for my next round of Fun, which will be Lyle's UD2.

Weight-
Day 1 (last day of PSMF)-154.8
Day 2--didn't weigh
Day 3--160.0
Day 4--159.8 (lift)
Day 5--162.2
Day 6--160.2 (lift)
Day 7--163.0

Today I am going to keep carbs at 100-120g (as opposed to my past few days of 250g+), since today is a rest day, and see how things look tomorrow. Notice the big gains post-lifting! I feel puffy, too.
  #988   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 04:43
muscle bound

Another workout yesterday, and I took it a little easier thinking I could avoid DOMS....am a little sore in quads today, but not bad. Pecs and delts STILL hurt, though. grrrrr

Gonna rest today (some cardio--walk and bike ride), and then do a full body tomorrow.

Yesterday-
morning walk, 30'

afternoon, after dynamic warmup and warmup sets-
Quad dom/biceps

Back squat-5x5x112
BB curls (in the squat rack!)-5x5x42
DB split squat-2x8x16.5
DB alt curls-2x8x16.5
RDL's-3x8x141

Used my new hooks ( Thanks Fietser!) for RDL's, and what a difference! Normally my grip would be dying by the 4th rep, and the 5th rep would feel like slipping. Wooooo this was nice.
  #989   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 06:35

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Dane

Thanks for calming me down!!! I do feel a lot better mentally after reading your post. Physically I feel like I could fall asleep at this keyboard right now though......
  #990   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 15:09

Plan: Semi LC
Stats: 188/175/169 Female 67.5 in.
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane
Back squat-5x5x112
BB curls (in the squat rack!)-5x5x42
DB split squat-2x8x16.5
DB alt curls-2x8x16.5
RDL's-3x8x141

Used my new hooks ( Thanks Fietser!) for RDL's, and what a difference! Normally my grip would be dying by the 4th rep, and the 5th rep would feel like slipping. Wooooo this was nice.
Awesome workout Dane...especially the RDL..grr....jealous! I am still trying to get there!

On your previous post...post lift gains???...you mean like "pump" or do you mean on the scale? BTW, are you taking any supps right now? I am thinking about trying a Nitric oxide product, like Superpump 250. Any experience with stuff like that?