Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1546   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-19, 21:59

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default Day 1 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Apr 8

Ken and Kristine: you guys are making me laugh
Pepper... Cocoa? You are doing well if that is the worst of it LOL and I know you know that

1. No cheats - on plan food only. To aid with this I am taking a small notepad with me and when I see something I think I will throw in my mouth I am going to write it down instead. This is daily. Day 49. It isn't really registering that I am almost at 50 days. Unheard of for me. It isn't something I think about too much now...I have things to grab, or can stop and get pork rinds or cheese if I don't have food with me. On the notepad: fast food coupon flyers for stuff I like; upcoming holiday cookies (a kind I really like) on the table at the library today.

2. 30 min exercise 5 X a week. 30 min very energetic dancing to Pandora

3. Clean SOMETHING. Or sort, organize, etc. 15 min + 5 X a week.

4. Open mail right away, keep on top of finances. I am staying aware and doing what I can. March will be a bear. Still job hunting/applying.

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Feb-27-19 at 10:24.
Sponsored Links
  #1547   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-19, 00:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
I've blamed plenty on PMS over the years... second hand PMS. The stress of it was certainly justification for more than a few binges in my carb eating, morbidly obese days.
I had a coworker with a wife and three (then) teenage daughters. I went to his house for a work BBQ, and we were joking about him surviving all the estrogen in the the house. Almost on cue, his dog came over for pets. Female dog. I joked, "even the dog's a girl. You're always guaranteed to have at least one b*tch in the house."

Kat, thank you, thank you, we're here all week, try the veal. PS - You're kicking butt.

Barb, good luck with not tracking. I'm sure you'll be fine because you're also kicking butt. It drives me bonkers, too, so now I just list things in my journal. Most of us eat the same meals/coffee/etc repeatedly, so it works as long as you don't drift too much. There are still things I still measure - cream in my coffee, for example.

Jess, you're also kicking butt. 37 g of carbs here and there shouldn't derail you.

We're all kicking butt! Even me! I've maintained at 155-ish for a few weeks now. My stats are true again!
-------

Feb 01 - May 02 * Day 26

Healthy Habits check list: Weigh-in, activity, supplements, decent sleep, sun lamp, gratitude journal, food tracking, water

8/8: 15
7/8: 7
6/8: 3
5/8: 1 - No sun lamp or activity because DH is on vacation and was up with me. Also forgot my GJ.

Eating:
Gold days: 5
Green days: 8
Yellow days: 11
Red days: 2

Last edited by Kristine : Wed, Feb-27-19 at 00:57.
  #1548   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-19, 06:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Thanks for the encouragement, Kristine! Funny, the only thing I never measure is the cream (half and half) in my coffee. I've always estimated it at 4 tbsp/2 oz a day. I measured the other day just out of curiosity, and all I can say is I'm a good eyeballer! It gives me hope ...

Day 14 of 90

Goal: Just count carbs and weigh daily. Pay attention to hunger, thirst, and satiety signals. Be mindful of portions and eating and drinking enough to sustain me. Serve myself on plates, cups and dishes instead of eating out of a container.

I did more eyeballing and less measuring yesterday although I do love using my food scale.

Target net carb range: 30-40
Yesterday's net carbs: 30.1

Target weight: <208
Today's weight: 205.6

Minimize dairy/avoid caffeine: More herb tea and coconut milk and less decaf coffee and half and half. Also going to start moving away from Splenda-sweetened drinks back towards essence-flavored sparkling water without artificial sweeteners.

Fluids: Getting plenty. Paying attention. Feel fine. Enjoying my herbal tea.

Last edited by barb712 : Wed, Feb-27-19 at 08:13.
  #1549   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-19, 07:49
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 26 of 90

Two OP meals yesterday - breakfast & dinner. 5 mile jog at the Y after dinner (only 6 weeks until my next 10K). Down another pound on the scale this morning and feeling no ill effects from last night's workout. Sometimes I wonder how this could be? I'm 55 years old, I'm still weigh well above a normal BMI and yet I have no joint pain from these workouts. I must be eating right or something.

Quote:
and we were joking about him surviving all the estrogen in the house.

There's plenty of estrogen in this fun group of [weight] losers. But I like hanging out with the ladies. I'm well trained. BTW: Our dog Potter (RIP) was all male. We certainly had a special bond while the girls were growing up.

Last edited by khrussva : Wed, Feb-27-19 at 08:03.
  #1550   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-19, 08:08

Plan: Carnivore & IF
Stats: 357/294/170 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Jess, you're also kicking butt. 37 g of carbs here and there shouldn't derail you.

We're all kicking butt! Even me! I've maintained at 155-ish for a few weeks now. My stats are true again!

Thanks Kristine! That's exactly how I'm looking at it. If all I'm doing is sticking to on-plan foods, then I'm succeeding. I'm glad I made my goal 20g total or less, though, since it helps drive the weight loss, but the big picture is: eat on plan foods. Period.

CONGRATS on the maintenance!!
  #1551   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-19, 08:08

BF:

Day 43 of 90

1) Weigh Daily and track it on my habit calendar in my bedroom
2) Track all food daily
3) Stick to 20g total carbs or fewer per day 17g total carbs
4) LCHF as outlined by the DietDoctor website

33/90 perfect days[/QUOTE]
  #1552   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-19, 20:40

Default Day 2 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Apr 8

1. No cheats - on plan food only. To aid with this I am taking a small notepad with me and when I see something I think I will throw in my mouth I am going to write it down instead. This is daily. Day 50. No food issues today. Eating a lot of OP food, stress. But it's OP food and that's ok.

2. 30 min exercise 5 X a week. 30 min low impact dancing to Pandora (opposite of yesterday)

4. Open mail right away, keep on top of finances. Paying the bill I need to, applying for jobs...
  #1553   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 00:47
Forum Moderator

BF:

Feb 01 - May 02 * Day 27

Healthy Habits check list: Weigh-in, activity, supplements, decent sleep, sun lamp, gratitude journal, food tracking, water

8/8: 16
6/8: 3
5/8: 1

Eating:
Green days: 9
Yellow days: 11
  #1554   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 06:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Day 15 of 90

Goal: Just count carbs, do the rest by ear and maintain weight. Weigh myself daily. Pay attention to hunger, thirst, and satiety signals. Be mindful of portions and eating and drinking enough to sustain me. Serve myself on plates, cups and dishes instead of eating out of a container.

Yesterday was the first full day I did not track, just counted carbs. It's going to take a while to feel secure about it. I'll get there.

Target net carb range: 30-40
Yesterday's net carbs: 34.2

Target weight: <208
Today's weight: 205.0

Minimize dairy: Just half and half and butter yesterday.

Stopped Centrum Vitamints yesterday after only 4-5 days of taking them as they were affecting my mood. They're loaded with sugar alcohols, and I suspect that was the culprit. Going back to no multivitamin for now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Fluids: Getting plenty. Paying attention. Feel fine. Enjoying my herbal tea.

Last edited by barb712 : Thu, Feb-28-19 at 07:56.
  #1555   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 08:09
Say NO to Diabetes!

Day 27 of 90

OP 2 meal day. Two nice walks.
  #1556   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 21:25

Default Day 3 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Apr 8

1. No cheats - on plan food only. To aid with this I am taking a small notepad with me and when I see something I think I will throw in my mouth I am going to write it down instead. This is daily. Day 51. On my notepad: cookies, gingersnaps on the table at the library, and an appealing candy bar (the library sells them) that circ bought and was passing around. Doing well with staying on track in spite of a lot of stress lately.

2. 30 min exercise 5 X a week. did not happen today, I'll post when I do it on one of my "off" days this week. **

4. Open mail right away, keep on top of finances. A major source of stress...

Last edited by mviesprite : Sun, Mar-03-19 at 18:33.
  #1557   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 22:05

Plan: ketogenic
Stats: 145/140/120 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

i just started my 90 days challenge and diet is my biggest enemy. hahaha i really love eating
  #1558   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 23:53

BF:

Day 44 of 90

1) Weigh Daily and track it on my habit calendar in my bedroom
2) Track all food daily
3) Stick to 20g total carbs or fewer per day 10g total carbs
4) LCHF as outlined by the DietDoctor website

34/90 perfect days
  #1559   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 00:29
Forum Moderator

BF:

Feb 01 - May 02 * Day 28

8/8: 16
6/8: 4 - missed my night time supps + no activity
5/8: 1

Eating:
Green days: 9
Yellow days: 12
  #1560   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 05:11
Say NO to Diabetes!

Day 28 of 90

Decent OP day yesterday. It would have been great if I hadn't gotten up hungry at 2am & ate something. I guess the hard run last night caught up with me. Happy with February. 2 lb loss.
Closed Thread