Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-08, 14:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 45%

Where is everyone.....
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-09, 04:42
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

I'm interested in this thread. I just turned 50 and have restarted low carb after a break. I have had the old weight creep up thing. I am a very slow loser due to menopause and I wear an insulin pump (Type 1 diabetes).

I have been looking for a thread where I can post daily and touch in with people like me. I'm a pretty patient loser....not one of those desperate types. I do need encouragement to stay the course, however.

Perhaps people on this thread know what I mean.

My life is full. I am in the sandwich years---aging parents AND a precious new granddaughter.

Currently I am relearning how to put myself higher on my priority list. You may have seen a thread I started called Mistress of My Domain. That hasn't worked. I'm the only one posting, so I am hunting for a different thread. Maybe this one will help.
Sara<><
  #213   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-09, 17:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/195/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress:

Hello. I am starting Atkins. About ten days in and exercising every day walking very fast for thirty to fourty minutes.

I have not really weighed. That is too depressing but I am using a favorite pair of slacks as my guide.

Most of my weight has settled in my stomach area and upper arms. I am worried about health issues and am devoted. I could kick myself for waiting so long to get this going.

Any support, suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.
  #214   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-09, 13:30

Plan: moderate carb
Stats: 300/209/154 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Welcome to both of you. I don't really participate in a daily thread so I won't be of help to you there but keep searching for 'your place' here on the board. There are fabulous, knowledgeable people here that will help you along in your journey.

cheers
  #215   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-09, 16:33

Plan: <1250 cal - Flexitarian
Stats: 243/199/130 Female 5'3.5"
BF:57%/Ugh/22%
Progress: 39%

Hi!

I'm going to be 55 in May, so I guess I could qualify!

I may not be here every day, but I will be happy to visit when I can.

Good luck to all and just stick with it!

Barb
  #216   ^
Old Tue, May-19-09, 15:58

Plan: want to follow Atkins Veg
Stats: 144/144/124 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello! This is my really first day "on" here but joined yesterday - I don't even know how to post or where this stuff goes - I am 57, and have a metabolism that has come to a screeching halt - 25 pounds since January has settled onto my midsection - they hire me on cruise ships as their life buoy - when someone goes overboard, they throw me over the side and say "grab on to her outer tubes" - saves them the expense of floaties - have not got to start anything yet, but am hopeful of a new way of eating for life and a better and healthier body - I want my life back and I want my husband's life back, too - he has become overweight, also - we are vegetarians who are chunky. Call me Halfmoon -
  #217   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-09, 16:24

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/205/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Bump.

I need this thread.

I'm 64, started low-carb six months ago, lost slowly but sort-of consistently until the last month. Nothing in May, and only two pounds in April. Yes, we're all getting older.

I'm glad there are many of us here struggling with the changes of age as we lose weight and get healthy.

Meg
  #218   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-09, 02:37

Plan:
Stats: 180/180/180 Female
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone.. I am just now finding my niche in this forum... I am over 50 and grateful for every pound I can take off. I have lots of pain daily from fibromyalgia and arthritis and when I am able to lose weight, I can really feel the difference. I lose very slow because at this weight I just can't do much exercise. I am slowly getting back to the exercise bike... gently with warm or cool packs on top of my knees... GEESH! Anyway ... I hope we can revive this thread and give each other some moral support. What do ya say?
  #219   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-09, 09:14

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/205/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Ebeadss, I'm with you... and with everyone here. Grateful for every pound I can take off. I'm in my sixties, and it's going really slowly, but it *is* going. I'm glad this group is here, to encourage each other, and to share victories at times when this process looks hopeless. We can do it.

Meg
  #220   ^
Old Wed, Jun-17-09, 03:05

Plan:
BF:

Hi Meg!
How nice of you to answer my post! This section of the forum had been pretty sleepy, so I am very happy to see your entry!
I see that you are in Phoenix... fantastic! I lived in the southwest for about 10 years and my arthritis and fibro were much less painful. The rainy days here in the northeast are heck on wheels for me.

I have dieted so many times I do get hopeless. I try not to hop on the scale too often because I lose so slow I don't want to see the same darn number even though I have followed my eating plan perfectly for weeks. THAT is the most discouraging to me.
  #221   ^
Old Wed, Jul-15-09, 12:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/150 Female 5feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

HI,

I'm 56 and just starting back on it after losing 40 lbs and gains ing 30 back. I figure as long as the scale goes down I'm happy. May take a little longer but o well!! LOL

Judy
  #222   ^
Old Wed, Jul-29-09, 18:15

Plan: Meat, Veggies, Nuts
Stats: 181/185/130 Female 61.5
BF:Falling Fluff
Progress: -8%

Hi peoples I am sure I joined here, once, or twice still hanging and still in my fiftys
So I just wanted to welcome the newbies, and say, Make your journals and we all can visit and you will have place to keep tract of your progress
  #223   ^
Old Thu, Jul-30-09, 02:15

Plan:
BF:

Hi! hoping everyone is doing well... good to see new faces...(new to me) and I am giggling at Hismouse's BF = Falling Fluff ... heheh love it!
  #224   ^
Old Fri, Aug-07-09, 07:04

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi, I haven't bothered to come here much as there seems to be so little activity here. But I'm in my 50s and definitely a "turtle". Sitting at the same weight now that I was at the beginning of March, and seem unable to shake any of it off. I never thought it it would be this hard. I was prepared to live with "slow loss" but have trouble dealing with "no loss" even though I do feel better in other ways - but even there not as great as I had hoped to be feeling.
  #225   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 02:55

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

yes, I'm over 50. I think you need to tweak you plan. Does 'no grain' mean you eat things like potatoes?