Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 19:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/186/135
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Wellbutrin plus what?

Hi everyone... I am so glad that this forum is here and that I can post my feelings on depression.

That being said... I have suffered from depression off and on for the past 4 years. In the beginning, I had it REALLY bad. My therapist treated me with high doses of Serzone and Wellbutrin. During that treatment I lost 60 pounds and became happy again . I was then weaned off my meds with no problems. Fast forward 4 years.... My lifestyle is completely changed. I now have a 14 month old, a 9-5, and a car (formula for laziness). I have not been able to lose the weight from my pregnancy. My doctor, after doing labs to rule out a thyroid problem, has diagnosed me with severe depression. I have been taking Wellbutrin since April but he wants to either up my dosage or put me on something else. I am hesitant to take Serzone again because of the sedative effect.

So here is my question to those on Wellbutrin: If you are taking it as a combo with something else, what is the combination? Has it helped or hurt your weight loss?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links