Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 05:20

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 155/148/115
BF:
Progress:
Post New to the forum - Hi guys!

I've been surfing your forums for a couple of days, and realized that this is a pretty tight community providing support and advice, so please let me say how glad I am to be here.

I originally came to this forum by a desperate search for information about why my husband has lost 40# on SugarBusters and I have lost less than 10#. I'm talking VIGILANT following of the diet, NO CHEATING, since we started in August. Actually, I even limited myself (no bread, went decaf, working food is vegetables, lots of meat, moderate cheese, lots of water) and the jeans ain't fittin no different!

I will say that I feel fantastic! Lots of energy, even after I've nutted-up all day at work, and have to come home to cook dinner.

Skin is in much better shape, too.

But the main reason I'm on this diet is to LOSE WEIGHT!

I am starting to exercise now, and unfortunately hate it, but I'm gonna do it.

However, it is very frustrating to watch my husband evaporate with only loosely following the diet, and I'm gonna have to sweat blood to shave off a couple of centimeters.

He has 10# to lose now, and I still have 30+.

Hey, thanks for letting me whine.

LD
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 05:27

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

It's maddening to note that guys usually DO lose faster than us gals. Just one of life's great mysteries - like why do guys get amazing eyelashes. They dont' need eyelashes. Girls need eyelashes. On guys they should be optional.

Welcome.

Be careful about considering low carbing only a weight loss plan. If that were true, I will disappear in the next 5 years. I'm on low carb for life, if I don't, I will gain all the weight back that I lost.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 158/141/135
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Re: Signifigant other...

I'm really new to the forum too and so I am hesitant to give any advice but here it goes......
I too have a hubby that can lose or gain when and how he wants. It disgusting. But I realize he is a male and his and my metabolism are comletely different. Try not to compare yourself to your husband. You and your hubby have completely differnt bodies and they work very differently. I think if we just focus on our accomplishments we'll feel better in the end.
Have a great day!!!!

- tskako
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 09:28

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Thats the truth, Tskako!!
EVERYONE is an individual when it comes to this WOE!! How many carbs you can have and still lose, what foods you might have to avoid(that others can have without a problem)-- you just have to adjust the program to yourself AND every one loses at a different rate!!
But the end results are the same!!! We all get there in the end!!
Welcome Lumpy!!!
HAPPY LOCARBING!!
Ellie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 10:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/181/140
BF:
Progress:
Cool

Hi
I have recently introduced myself in the introductions corner and working my way though the forums. Since this is the newbies forum, I figured I stop in and say Hello!! . I too have been surfing the net for a decent support group. I like the way these guys give simple advice and support. Hopefully ya'll will be able to help me out when I'm depressed and need a sugar fix . I have started my Atkins 'again' hopefully I will have better results.

CheesePuff
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 23:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile

hi lumpydumpy,

You've got the best advice already. I just wanted to say welcome to you. My own weight loss is not speedy, net loss of 15 lbs in the last year, but it's still a loss, and I still consider myself successful.

You might be interested to read some of the posts in our Turtles Club forum, which you can find on the main Index page ... with the Support and Focus Groups. Or, click here to open a new window.

I look forward to reading more posts from you about YOUR lowcabing success.

Doreen
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 08:52

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 215/215/160
BF:
Progress: 0%
Wink

Hi LD,

I am also new to this forum, (I'd like to thank everyone for helping me feel so welcome! ) and have a long way to go. Let me assure you that I feel the same way about my husband and his weight loss... It is very frustrating at times. I've had to learn to be less competitive with him, because I tend to get discouraged. And I hate exercising, but it is the only way I get satisfactory results.

At least I know that LCing works so I am going to stay positive... stay positive... stay positive. (I think it helps to say that)

Good luck and welcome!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 00:06

Plan: PP
Stats: 140/136/125
BF:
Progress: 27%

From what I know, the reason men lose so much faster is that they have so much more muscle mass and therefore burn more fat. If all of us had the muscle mass of a man, we'd lose fast too! That's why all of these "diets" recommend exercising--the more muscle mass you have, the faster you'll lose.

Anne