Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-19, 05:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72 and low FODMAP
Stats: 291/241/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Daily Accountability Discussion - August

Oops, sorry I didn't start this yesterday! Super busy at work for month end!

Kit - so glad your surgery went well! Ugg - post surgery nausea. I get that every time! I always have to ask for anti-nausea in pre-op. Not good at all. Is today better?

CaCO - how are you doing?

Here is my update. Too slow! I am going to rethink a few things!

27-Aug-18 291.0 -
01-Sep-18 286.0 (5.0)
01-Oct-18 281.0 (10.0)
01-Nov-18 274.0 (17.0)
01-Dec-18 265.5 (25.5)
01-Jan-19 268.0 (23.0)
01-Feb-19 256.5 (34.5)
01-Mar-19 258.0 (33.0)
01-Apr-19 257.0 (34.0)
01-May-19 251.0 (40.0)
01-Jun-19 252.5 (38.5)
01-Jul-19 251.5 (39.5)
01-Aug-19 248.5 (42.5)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-19, 09:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/228/140 Female 5’8”
BF:
Progress:

08/02 - 228.4

Yeah, I asked for anti-nausea meds with the anesthesia and either they forgot or they didn’t make a difference. The minute I started to wake up I was dry-heaving. This isn’t going to make me any less apprehensive if I have another surgery in the future. But yeah, I took a sick day from work yesterday and laid around all day and was able to eat eventually. This morning I’m still feeling a bit light headed so just getting off to a slow start.

Sosumi - at least you’re still losing and not gaining back. That is a great accomplishment at this stage. Keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-19, 09:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Inductionish
Stats: 320/226/190 Female 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

8/1/19 = 229.4
8/2/19 = 229.8

I didn't do my exercising yesterday or today. Yesterday due to French Toast first day of school activities and today it was a conscious decision that I haven't gotten enough sleep. When you are exhausted it's not a good idea to push your body, and I passed exhausted a few days ago.

I leave for TX on Sunday, I'll return Wednesday night....let's see what kind of damage I'll do to myself while away!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-19, 10:35
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

08/02 - 228.4
08/03 - 227.6

Happy Saturday!

I’m still not feeling great and not fully low carb yet. Just nagging slight dizziness and occasional nausea. Our kitty isn’t feeling well either and just had to make hubby take her to vet without me. She got very lethargic last night and didn’t eat dinner or breakfast. I think she may have a stuck hairball. She’s never coughed one up in the year we’ve had her and she barely poops. Hope they can help get her all better quickly. She’s a sweetie.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-19, 16:08
Registered Member

Plan: keto/low carb
Stats: 306/272/195 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi Yall!
Thanks Sosumi for inviting me I've missed seeing yall!

July 31 287.9
Aug 1 289.2
Aug 2 289.7
Aug 3 289.3

Its been a yo-yo sort of thing lately.

Kit I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. I have awful nausea too when I have surgery and the meds they give you in the IV doesn't seem to do any good.

Caco are you back in classes or preparing for kids? I start back on Aug 15 and excited to start but not wanting it to come all at the same time!

PS I tried to get my old name LowCarbAng back again but for some reason my old password didn't work, the email "change password" didn't work, and it said it wasn't available. Oh well.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-19, 21:13
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Ang! Happy to see ya! School started back as of 8/1, why we had to start on a Thursday escapes me! I’m off to Dallas tomorrow for business, I just love the Atlanta airport, always fun trying to get through the literally busiest airport in the WORLD! —insert sarcastic tone!

Kit, hope your cat feels better! I’m a dog person, I had cats when I was younger and I always got the feeling they were judging me, whereas now if I leave for 5 minutes my dog treats me like I’ve been gone a month and he’s just SO happy to see me!!!

I didn’t weight today, we had softball assessments and I’ve been roped into coaching another season, ugh, crossing my fingers I get some great parents again! Last season was fairly enjoyable with all the help I received, so unlike basketball which a total of ZERO parents helped me coach. It sucked!

My daughter is having her friend sleepover and cheesy eggs have been requested for breakfast, so at least I know I’ll start my day out right eating wise :-)
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-19, 10:19
Registered Member

BF:

Kit - sorry you are still not feeling well. I don't do well with anesthesia, so I understand! And sorry your kitty is not well either. It is difficult when our fur babies are sick.

CaCO - I love your french toast tradition! I have a recipe somewhere to make it LC with pork rinds and it is so good! I will have to pull it out and make it now! Here's hoping you have a good softball season and get lots of parents to chip in and help!

Ang - Hey there - so good to see you here! I'm glad you made it.

Yay! Our little group is growing!

I've not made good choices this weekend. I am still below my calorie allotment in MyFitnessPal, but I don't lose weight unless I am low carbing. I was exhausted yesterday and ended up getting 10 1/2 hours of sleep! I can't believe how late I slept!

01-Aug-19 248.5 -
02-Aug-19 249.5 1.0
03-Aug-19 249.5 (2.0)
04-Aug-19 249.5 (2.0)
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-19, 11:59
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi All! Great to see you Ang. You are doing great. I didn’t weigh today cause I over indulged with popcorn last night and I know it could wreak major havoc with the scale. Hope to write more later from laptop instead of phone.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-19, 13:48
Registered Member

BF:

Aug 1 289.2
Aug 2 289.7
Aug 3 289.3
Aug 4 298.0

Tomorrow will be a fun day. Our niece and nephew are visiting and we plan a road trip to the Austin area to visit one of the many caverns there. Then end our day at a local Austin swimming hole (spring fed so COLD). My son is in Austin and he's trying to get off of work and come with us! Even more fun!

So far I'm doing very well staying on track. Its when school gets back in session and the stress hits that I'm worried.

Not sure if all know but I'm dealing with another foot issue. This time its a very painful heel spur. I've had some PT and wearing a boot to help it heal faster. I hope to begin school pain free but we will see I guess

Kit, how is your kitty?

Its so nice posting with yall again
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-19, 05:30
Registered Member

BF:

Kit - is your kitty doing better?

Ang - have a wonderful time with your family! Sounds fun!

CaCO - have a safe trip!

Not weighing today! The weekend was full of bad choices. My sister got me a new lunch bag, that has pockets on the outside for water bottles. It came with a coordinating water bottle, a couple containers, and even a matching ice pack. I washed everything up yesterday and even squeezed some lemons for my water. I drink more water with fresh lemon in it. Trouble is, it does not have an outside pocket for my wallet and phone, which I would prefer. It's still fun to have a new one!

Happy Monday!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-19, 12:32
Registered Member

BF:

Greetings from Texas! I like the new hotel choice, but I couldn’t figure out how to turn on the bike in the exercise room so I was left with the treadmill, ugh, I dislike walking to nowhere, much prefer to bike to nowhere, lol!

I’m so overwhelmed at the plant, it’s 1:30 here and I’ve already called it a day...ugh so much stuff to go through! It should all be worth it in the end though.

Good luck everyone!!!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-19, 16:03
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Caco - I'm impressed that you're working out at the hotel. Dedication!

I pulled the dreaded carb addict stunt last night. I ate great and low carb all day, then DH left to do some work and I decided I needed my drug of choice. It was OK, cause it would be my dinner. Drove to the store and bought two very high calorie, very high carb desserts and scarfed them down on the drive home and after I got home.

Anybody have any tips to deal with these emotional carb addict cravings? I did a lot of reading around this site last night to get some insight. There is a lot of good historical info on here. I guess some take-aways are to have a low-carb alternative handy (I'm thinking Atkins shakes or dark-chocolate) or to self inflict mind-games ("It will still be available in a week or a month or a year if I really need to have it.") I don't know, I think the most important thing that I AM doing is "try-try again."

Thanks for asking about my kitty. She's doing great. They gave her fluids, anti-nausea med and appetite stimulant at the vet and within a couple of hours she seemed pretty much back to normal. She's been doing well ever since. We are kind of prickly around here about cat illness as a couple of years ago we lost all four of our cats within less than 2 years. They mostly came down with pancreatitis. Two were 20+ years old and two were 12 years old, but it was still a tough (and expensive) time. I'm so worried that it is environmental but the vet says it isn't and it's just something cats get. (We had only lived in this house about 4 years when they all started getting sick.) Anyway, glad my little Molly is doing well. She came to us a year ago at 5 years old out of the blue. A friend's neighbor passed away and she needed a new home, so we took her. She is like a puppy dog and follows me all over the house, sleeps on my desk while I'm working, hangs outside our bedroom door guarding us as we sleep (door is open and she can come in if she wants). She's quite the character.

Hope ya'all are having a good day. Tomorrow I will weigh come hell or high-water.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-19, 06:11
Registered Member

BF:

CaCO – yes, good job exercising at the hotel!

Kit – glad to hear your kitty is doing better! As for what to do when craving hit, this is my favorite and may not work for you. I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee, so each morning; I have delicious, rich, creamy coffee! On days when I need something decadent, I now love the Atkins Dark Chocolate Royal shakes, so good!

As a last resort, I pour a couple ounces of heavy cream into a glass measuring cup, and sprinkle on some sugar free instant pudding powder, chocolate fudge flavor. Then I whip it quickly with a fork. It becomes a delicious chocolate mousse. It takes a bit of experience to get the ratios right so it is creamy and delicious as opposed to lumpy. (Either tastes wonderful.) I slowly eat it and enjoy the creamy, decadent, rich dessert. There are some carbs in the pudding mix from the thickeners, but no sugar. Seems to work for me. I might do this once every few months.

Ack – my weight is going the wrong way! Did well with food choices yesterday; should show on the scale soon if I keep it up.

Gotta run, have a good Tuesday!

01-Aug-19 248.5 -
02-Aug-19 249.5 1.0
03-Aug-19 249.5 (2.0)
04-Aug-19 249.5 (2.0)
05-Aug-19 251.0 (0.5)
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-19, 09:11
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the suggestions Sosumi. Those Atkins shakes worked well for me for a while when in ketosis but when I’m not in ketosis they just make me want more. I do the heavy whipping cream thing too but with added Splenda and unsweetened cacao. I did it yesterday and I still ended up having tacos for dinner. I think I need to figure out a way to "white-knuckle it" for a few days. So today I’m going to commit to no cheats. Just for today. I swear if I don’t get on plan and lose some weight this month I’m stopping daily posting too. It’s just not doing any of us any good to see me cheat day after day.

Sosumi - is your name from the computer sound? Are you a computer person or bookkeeper/accountant? I noticed you said month-ends are extra busy. My job title is software engineer but I’m not a skilled/experienced programmer. I always end up working around those edges like developing through third party tools, testing, support, etc.

Well here goes the weigh-in:

08/02 - 228.4
08/03 - 227.6
08/06 - 229.4

Last edited by kitsens : Tue, Aug-06-19 at 10:03.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-19, 16:35
Registered Member

BF:

Kit I'm so glad your kitty is better. I have two fur kids that I'm in love with. Wendy is 3 and Peter is 2.

Caco where in Texas are you? (I live in the Houston area)

Sosumi that little quick treat sounds yummy.

Aug 1 289.2
Aug 2 289.7
Aug 3 289.3
Aug 4 298.0
Aug 5 291.2
Aug 6 291.5

Eating right...maybe too much.

I'm so frustrated right now.
I had a podiatrist appointment today. My pain has not gone or even lessened. IF I wear the boot all day, which I do except at home, it doesn't hurt. Yesterday I walked a lot. We went to a cavern, about a 1/2 mile walk down and then back up, and also a spring-fed pool in Austin. (Spring-fed means VERY COLD water) It was an amazing day...most fun day of the summer. But I am in pain after the walking. That just showed me that it still hurts and it isn't going away. So, the podiatrist did something called "dry needling". I'm in the medical boot for 4 days then back to the PT stretches. If the stretches, etc. does not help, then next summer I will have surgery. Same foot as last time, different issue. I'm hoping taking some weight off of it and yoga will help. I can wear the boot on and off at work as needed if I am in a lot of pain but otherwise it will just hurt. I'm getting tired of the foot issues and I am fearful of being immobile when I get old.

do yall know how to import an image?