Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 23:05

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Wink Why Yeast Overgrowth Happens....

http://www.consumerhealth.org/artic...=19990303223214

Further explanation...with use of milk thistle and alpha lapoic acid...also they suggest using 2 T. of baking soda in water three times a day to counteract the die off symptoms... Suggested readings are useful as well...Missing Diagnosis by Dr. C. Orian Truss; 1985; The Yeast Connection and the Woman by William G. Crook, MD, et
al; 2003. http://www.aacstore.net/Merchant2/m...Code=probiotics

More useful info about getting rid of the yeast for good! http://www.annboroch.com/candida.htm

Another link with a list of excellent herbal supplements http://www.wellnesswallcharts.com/Candida.html

Another good site that discusses lactic acid with salt as a strong antifungal http://www.goodstuffnow.com/diets.html

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Tue, Mar-07-06 at 01:38.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-06, 13:14

Plan: Schwarzbein/gluten free
Stats: 148/146/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Very interesting article. Is this why too much vitamin C gives me kidney pains, it's acidic? Wow, good info, I printed it out for
reference. Thanks!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-06, 15:03
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmezak
Very interesting article. Is this why too much vitamin C gives me kidney pains, it's acidic? Wow, good info, I printed it out for
reference. Thanks!
Vitamin C is very good for the kidneys, however when taking vitamin C a lot of water should be ingested as well.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-06, 11:53

Default Yeast Overgrowth & Hormonal Imbalance

Recently, I have had a really bad outbreak of my yeast overgrowth. Now, for the past year my outbreaks have been minimal and I have been consuming nuts, cheese, fruit, and sugar, but not in massive doses.... In trying to figure out what caused the outbreak I obviously went back to my diet... Well, I had recently started a meat fast! Now in the meat fast I was consuming larger amounts of cheese and meat, so I didn't understand why I broke out like I did....really bad!!!

Today, however, I was thinking that I had not been using my progesterone cream as much lately and was wondering if perhaps there is a connection; so I went to the internet and typed in "yeast overgrowth and hormone imbalance" and viola... There is obviously a connection here... http://www.ylcf.org/hormone-imbalance/10.htm. As this article suggests, in using all of the supplements that we have to try and reduce the yeast we are only treating 'THE SYMPTOMS," however, if the hormonal imbalance is addressed, then we in fact are treating the cause....

Needless to say I have restarted my progesterone cream back to twice a day beginning today.l.. Now if my allergies cease, then it was due to too much estrogen in my body and not enough progesterone....therefore, the progesterone cream helps to balance out the estrogen... http://www.jigsawhealth.com/article...e&articleID=104
Another article that is interesting http://www.canestencanada.com/faqyi.html

Now since I started the progesterone cream, my itching has reduced... . I am estatic about this breakthrough, if in fact it is, because I have stuggled with this overgrowth for 5 years!!!

WOW...now I am a little blown away about this article, especially since I have been suffering from manic depression for the past 5 years... Oddly enough, this article says there is a correlation between yeast overgrowth and some mental disorders http://www.ylcf.org/hormone-imbalance/17.htm. And another thing, I find that I lose weight better when taking the progesterone cream...BECAUSE I DID NOT LOSE ONE POUND ON 6 DAYS OF A MEAT AND CHEESE FAST!

So, to those who are dealing with this yeast overgrowth, I would speculate at this point that there is some type of hormonal imbalance....even in men! Oral testing is better than blood testing in some cases, but I would venture out and get my hormone levels tested.... OKAY, NOW THAT YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM INFORMATION OVERLOAD....HERE IS THE BEGINNING OF THAT SITE...http://www.ylcf.org/hormone-imbalance/05.htm!

God Bless of All...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Sat, Mar-11-06 at 12:14.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-06, 13:31

Well today I noticed that after taking the progesterone cream yesterday and today, the rash is still at bay. I really, however, had difficulty sleeping last night, if at all. Another thing I have noticed, is that my oral infection increased during the time that my rashes occurred, perhaps due to the root canal that I have. I was reading some information at www.curezone.com and according to them fillings and root canals can be the culprit of the yeast. For me, that makes sense and I think that I will be making an appointment to have this root canal removed. I think that it is full of infection, because even though I have taken tons and tons of antibiotics for it, it keeps recurring... According to them, the best defense is to have it removed.

Anyway, the fact that the rash outbreaks have improved with the progesterone cream, also tells me that the fact that I am estrogen dominant is also contributing to the yeast overgrowth...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-06, 00:29

Plan: candida wipe out plan
Stats: 130/115/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 150%

skeeweeaka:

I am at a total loss for words at this root canal find. I have root canals and my sister just had one done. I have an Aunt who has SO many dibilitating factors in her life.........I was going to suggest her look into candida as I have and will still do so, but she has only 4 teeth in her mouth (2 on top and 2 on bottom)due to a genetic birth defect and they are the only things anchoring her dentures in place. All of which she had to have root canals on AND ironically the 2 on top she had to have re surgery on b/c they developed cysts a few yrs after having them done. What am I gonna tell this woman!!!! She's not going to be able to wear anything!!!!

I've felt a little funny w/ mine too......I've had one for a good 14 yrs now but when I tap my finger nail on it .....it feels different than the other one I have. This candida thing just keeps gettng worse and worse and worse.........
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 00:57

Default Root Canals...

Well she could have the teeth pulled and root canals removed, then put implants in to hold her dentures in. I have root canals and for the past several years I have been going back and forth to my dentist for recurring, disgusting infections that she repeatedly treated with antibiotics. Since the last visit, I have not taken any other antibiotics. Now, I think I will see another dentist and consult with him about removing this root canals... It is more than 15 years old and I bet the infection in the root is probably major, why on earth did she not refer me or do something other than give me antibiotics which simply masked the problem. I bet your's probably has an infection as well...

I, too, am upset about this and need some help figuring out what to do... I really don't have the funds to do a lot other than remove it, already paying for an implant in the front from a recent seizure...

Fascinating all of the reading and info about this darn yeast...
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 06:55
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
Well she could have the teeth pulled and root canals removed, then put implants in to hold her dentures in. I have root canals and for the past several years I have been going back and forth to my dentist for recurring, disgusting infections that she repeatedly treated with antibiotics. Since the last visit, I have not taken any other antibiotics. Now, I think I will see another dentist and consult with him about removing this root canals... It is more than 15 years old and I bet the infection in the root is probably major, why on earth did she not refer me or do something other than give me antibiotics which simply masked the problem. I bet your's probably has an infection as well...

I, too, am upset about this and need some help figuring out what to do... I really don't have the funds to do a lot other than remove it, already paying for an implant in the front from a recent seizure...

Fascinating all of the reading and info about this darn yeast...
Sometimes with root canals the root becomes cracked or fractured. This is especially true with older root canals as the tooth becomes dry and brittle with age. A fracture in the root, exposes the root to the outside environment and causes infection, festering, and reinfection as the tissue tries to heal and cordon off the infection site. This infection can tunnel under the tissue and spread to and weaken the gums/tissue bed of adjacent teeth. The problem is that often the damage to the root is not detectable by xray and so the cause is not found. The tooth is often retreated time and again and might be subject to multiple root canals as well as oral surgery trying to cure and treat the problem.

Since the root is cracked and exposed, all the treatment in the world won't help. The only solution is to pull the tooth. It's when the tooth is finally pulled that cysts (the mouth's way of trying to encapsulate and isolate the infected area) are exposed along with the cracked root.

Vitamins A and D are very good for gum health as is oregano oil. Drops can be added directly to tissue in the infected area as well as to mouth rinses. Biore is an excellent mouth rinse.

The above treatments will help at lot. However, the area won't be able to heal until the tooth or teeth are pulled.

In addition, the constant leaking infection is depressing your immune system as is the constant revolving treatment with antibiotics. No wonder the yeast has taken over!!!

Last edited by Zuleikaa : Tue, Mar-14-06 at 07:01.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 23:46

Default Yeast And Root Canal Infections...

Girl, you are so right! I cannot tell you how many times I have been treated with antibiotics for this root canal... NOT ONCE, DID SHE EVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CORRECTING THE ROOT CANAL.... This, my dear, has been going on for at least 4 years!!! Maybe more, my memory is rather poor. But, now that I think about it the rash appeared at the first time I was diagnosed with bipolar! As a matter of fact, the doctors could not figure out what it was. The tooth in question is the upper, left, next to where wisdom teeth was. I was wondering whether or not I would try to save it, or just have it pulled. the drainage is fowl... Can't really afford to have a replacement put in right now...getting ready to have a implant put in int he front...or crown, implant already in and that was costly...

I did find this article interesting about yeast and coconut oil, especially how it relates to women's hormones...especially progesterone and thyroid function....and me with my perimenopause stuff going on... http://groups.google.com/group/misc...ca2e5a2e2666ecb

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Sat, Mar-18-06 at 00:00.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 09:21
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
.... This, my dear, has been going on for at least 4 years!!! Maybe more, my memory is rather poor. But, now that I think about it the rash appeared at the first time I was diagnosed with bipolar! As a matter of fact, the doctors could not figure out what it was. The tooth in question is the upper, left, next to where wisdom teeth was. I was wondering whether or not I would try to save it, or just have it pulled. the drainage is fowl... Can't really afford to have a replacement put in right now...getting ready to have a implant put in int he front...or crown, implant already in and that was costly...
Have the tooth pulled. Please have the tooth pulled!!! If the space is in the back it won't hurt to have it vacant for a while. It's the only way you can start the healing process and start battling the infection and yeast that has taken over your body!!! Plus it will protect your other teeth!!!

Once the tooth is pulled (you'll be amazed at how much damage and infection is under there!!!), please do a vitamin C/oregano oil flush to cleanse your body of toxins and yeast and start the healing process.

The vitamin C/oregano oil flush:
Take every hour, after arising and before bed:
1Ester C, 1000 mg
1 Vitamin C, 1000 mg
1 Oregano oil, 150 mg

This can be done for up to two weeks and then for another two weeks taking it every two hours of the day.

It will result in die off, flu like symptoms, and diarrhea.

It can be done in conjunction with other supplements.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 03:09

Thanks Zul...I am planning on having my doctor pull it as soon as possible. I must admit I am worried about chewing my food without a tooth there, but I guess God will make a way...
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 14:08

BF:

I am not sure as to what to do...........should I start the anti candida diet and supplements or have the teeth pulled first.......I don't have all the $$$$ in the world to do everything at once. And don't want to start on the wrong thing for noting.....I have a couple of root canals that are problematic. I am doing the OOO.....3 dropper fulls 3 X a day.......I am a bit overwhelmed as to what to do first.....there are SO many different variables on what to do when and what to take on this site. Brain overload.

I really like this walnut oil I am using......not fond of olive oil...(for cooking)..can this coconut oil be purchased at a regular shopping store? Is it for cooking or is it like OOO?

I have just about all of the candida symptoms I do not have the very coated tongue......maybe a little in the back....but not much. How worried should I be that my son and husband exhibit quite a bit of the symptoms (not as many as I have) and they also have lots more of this coating? I am worried that at 1 week old my son was put on antibiotics and has been on them regularly since (he is 12 now).....exhibits the behavorial signs and symptoms too..........when I was younger and didin't know what a vaginal yeast problem was.......hubs and I used to have intercoarse and he came down with a yeast infection of his own 2 days later.........never took care of properly and he shows more sign and symptoms all the time.

Would it be a freak or rare thing if all threee of us have this?!?!?!
It worries me that they may have what I've been suffering w/ for SO many years now. I can't work and can't do most things around the house. Life is horrible and I don't want to overlook them...ya know?! I wish I could find better doctors here......the last one told me to go get hypnotized.........the other diagnosed me w/ CFS and said 'deal w/ it'.........I'm sick of them all.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 14:33
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malulani
I am not sure as to what to do...........should I start the anti candida diet and supplements or have the teeth pulled first.......I don't have all the $$$$ in the world to do everything at once. And don't want to start on the wrong thing for noting.....I have a couple of root canals that are problematic. I am doing the OOO.....3 dropper fulls 3 X a day.......I am a bit overwhelmed as to what to do first.....there are SO many different variables on what to do when and what to take on this site. Brain overload.
If you have recurrent infections in the root canals they need to be pulled. I went through the same thing for years and finally had to pull two. You wouldn't believe the infection that was under there. They biopsied one and found a silver point (old method) encapsulated in tissue. These were two teeth for which I had a total of about 5 root canals, multiple crowns, surgeries, and spent thousands of dollars on.
Quote:
I really like this walnut oil I am using......not fond of olive oil...(for cooking)..can this coconut oil be purchased at a regular shopping store? Is it for cooking or is it like OOO?
Coconut oil is great for cooking. And for just drinking. It needs to be unrefined, preferably virgin. You can purchase it online at tropicaltraditions.com.
Quote:
Would it be a freak or rare thing if all threee of us have this?!?!?!
It worries me that they may have what I've been suffering w/ for SO many years now. I can't work and can't do most things around the house. Life is horrible and I don't want to overlook them...ya know?! I wish I could find better doctors here......the last one told me to go get hypnotized.........the other diagnosed me w/ CFS and said 'deal w/ it'.........I'm sick of them all.
No. It would not be freakish for you all to be infected given the history you have related. The important thing is to get you all treated with vitamin C and oregano oil, natural apple cider vinegar, cut out as much sugar as you can, and implement a good supplement program.

Good luck!!!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 13:41

BF:

Thank you very much for that imput Zuleikaa. I haven't known to have infections IN the root canals, but both of the RC's are in the top jaw and I have a lot of sinus infections......both RC's had large absesses(sp?) to where I had to have surgery on both....(my aunt had cysts devlop on hers too).....same doctor (coincidence?....hmmm)..... I've implemented the OOO, and just bought some vit c.....I also have the Cider vinegar....Braggs...Seems like I'm on the right track. I've been definitely experimenting with new dishes.

I went to the doctor today........he did order adrenaline tests, urine, and a hormone check. I also told him about the root canals and he is looking for bacteria in the blood as well. He wouldn't even contimplate candida........even w/ all the antibiotics I've been on my whole life and the symptoms.....I even gave him a full 3 page complete list of symptoms. He also said that my problem is not dietary. He wants me to also go for a sleep apnea test (woopee)..........but says the #1 culprit he thinks the problem is..........

get ready......

all in my head.

After getting very little knowledge of my childhood and no questionaire or questions even from him....just by the little bit of information I gave him about being sick quite a bit as a child..... he comes up with that!!! And I ain't against it.....people have problems..... but I am a happy person and had a happy fine childhood.....no traumas, abuse, or being deprived of anything. Arrrgh....I'm so mad I could chew nails. I honestly don't think my problems are from that.....and yes, I researched that avenue already.

So, I'm saying whatever at this point and having him check those hormone levels and adrenal gland....my thyroid came back good at least. Right in the middle of the normal range. But I think I will be continuing to search for a new doctor.

Oh, Zul.....I read an article where it said you can't just go to any ol root canal dentist to have the teeth pulled.....they have to be like a special root canal, homeopathic dentist to make sure they get all of the infection out...... I found one close to here who deals with toxicology and is a homeopathic, specialist. What was your experience in finding the right one?

Florida is absolutely HORRIBLE when it comes to our doctors, and schools.....

thanx for listening.....again
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 14:51
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Thank you very much for that imput Zuleikaa. I haven't known to have infections IN the root canals, but both of the RC's are in the top jaw and I have a lot of sinus infections......both RC's had large absesses(sp?) to where I had to have surgery on both....(my aunt had cysts devlop on hers too).....same doctor (coincidence?....hmmm)..... I've implemented the OOO, and just bought some vit c.....I also have the Cider vinegar....Braggs...Seems like I'm on the right track. I've been definitely experimenting with new dishes.

I went to the doctor today........he did order adrenaline tests, urine, and a hormone check. I also told him about the root canals and he is looking for bacteria in the blood as well. He wouldn't even contimplate candida........even w/ all the antibiotics I've been on my whole life and the symptoms.....I even gave him a full 3 page complete list of symptoms. He also said that my problem is not dietary. He wants me to also go for a sleep apnea test (woopee)..........but says the #1 culprit he thinks the problem is..........

get ready......

all in my head.

After getting very little knowledge of my childhood and no questionaire or questions even from him....just by the little bit of information I gave him about being sick quite a bit as a child..... he comes up with that!!! And I ain't against it.....people have problems..... but I am a happy person and had a happy fine childhood.....no traumas, abuse, or being deprived of anything. Arrrgh....I'm so mad I could chew nails. I honestly don't think my problems are from that.....and yes, I researched that avenue already.

So, I'm saying whatever at this point and having him check those hormone levels and adrenal gland....my thyroid came back good at least. Right in the middle of the normal range. But I think I will be continuing to search for a new doctor.

Oh, Zul.....I read an article where it said you can't just go to any ol root canal dentist to have the teeth pulled.....they have to be like a special root canal, homeopathic dentist to make sure they get all of the infection out...... I found one close to here who deals with toxicology and is a homeopathic, specialist. What was your experience in finding the right one?

Florida is absolutely HORRIBLE when it comes to our doctors, and schools.....

thanx for listening.....again
All in your head, huh?!!! Typical!!!

I just had a regular dentist pull both crowns. No problem. There was hardly anything holding them in. They did have to clean out a lot of infection though. And I bled heavily for a few hours after.