Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-13, 16:08

Plan: A mix of Paleo/Atkins
Stats: 145/145/125 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress:
Cool Atkins Frozen Meals Pretty Good

I am not a nutrionist however, I do read labels. I am not trying to eliminate carbs b/c our body needs it to function and process protein. I am however, trying to increase the amount of protein I consume. I've only tried 2 of their frozen meals, the Turkey with Green Beans & I just finished the Chicken in a Marsala Wine Sauce.

I bought these entrees to keep in the freezer at work in case I get too lazy or too tired to prepare my own lunch during the week. I also chose Atkins over all others, due to the amount of protein:carb:sugar ratio. There were 4 grams of sugar in the Chicken in Marsala Sauce, but I believe that comes mostly from the wine. The first time I tried a meal, I was shocked at how fresh the green beans looked and tasted. They were crispy! They looked bright green, rather than a faded canned-food olive green. The chunks of Turkey and Chicken were plenty. The meals are 390 calories. I work out during my lunch- either I walk at least 1 mile (but I typically walk 2 miles) or I have a 30-40 minute gym session. I am trying to fuel muscle, not to necessarily bulk up like a body builder, but more muscle increases fat burning and my goal is to lose weight. Carbs come in so many shapes, sizes so I feel like one way or another, I'm eating carbs whether I like it or not. So I must increase the amount of protein or rather, increase it by a little and decrease carbs. Especially since I am active, I need to feed the muscles. Here's an article that inspired the move: http://www.shape.com/blogs/weight-l...ntaining-muscle

Overall, it has a lot of sodium as you would expect from frozen foods, so I'm not stocking my freezer with it. However, considering that It helps towards my goas, it's not that bad if I eat one try, once a month.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-14, 21:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

My favorite is the Chili which I think is a lot like Wendy's and the steak breakfast one is really good too. I like them when the rest of the family is having stuff that I don't eat, makes me feel not left out, like the pasta one too.
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-14, 22:24

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Anyone shop at Grocery Outlet Bargain Market? I've been picking up the Atkins turkey dinners there for $1.49. I tried Italian sausage but it tasted like fake cheese powder. The only other one they have is turkey, which I've bought several of.

They taste good but have lots of questionable ingredients. It's nice to get an occasional break from cooking and you can't beat the price at $1.49.
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-14, 21:39

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessisings
I am not a nutrionist however, I do read labels. I am not trying to eliminate carbs b/c our body needs it to function and process protein.

I realize this is your first post, but you might want to read more than labels. Our bodies do not need carbs at all. The only reason I eat the few carbs I do is because I like them. My BG would be much better if I could eliminate all carbs.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-14, 14:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 288/253.5/168 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 29%

i bought a few on sale as well. Good in a pinch