Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 13:28

Plan: Custom low-carb
Stats: 240/188/140 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Full quick meal: pork and cauli

Hi all,

I thought I'd share my yummy dinner with you in case someone doesn't know what to have. It's very simple but was very satisfying and delicious.

All you need is a bit of garlic, pork steaks, cauliflower, 1/4 c. single (or double) cream and some dried herbs (rosemary, oregano... the usual European mix), salt and pepper. Oh! and a bit of butter (but I assume you all have some kind of cooking fat at home ).

Melt the butter in a frying pan. When it's hot, toss in about 1 tsp. minced garlic. Coat the pork with a generous helping of salt, pepper and herbs. Cook in the pan until done. Remember, pork needs to be well done, always. Set the pork aside but keep as much of the garlic butter in the pan as you can. Mix the cream with the butter in the pan and bring to a boil. Cook the cauliflower in this sauce. If the cauli is frozen, thaw it out briefly in the microwave.

Took me next to nothing to make and it was delicious.

If you feel like dessert to finish it off, I recommend a bit of cream cheese, sweetened with splenda with some peanut butter and cocoa (not instant drink mix) mixed in. Play around with the proportions. I've managed to make it taste a bit like Reese's cups
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 14:17

Plan: low carb HCG
Stats: 200/159/150 Female 5 5
BF:YES it is!!
Progress: 82%

I have been dyin for peanut butter balls/reeses and saw a rec sim to yours so the other night I was about to have a fit. I used equal parts cream cheese and peanut butter and some spenda. NOT GOOD AT ALL. Couldnt even eat it it was so bad. The directions called for vanilla and cocoa but I hadnt been to the store to get yet and like I said I was about to have a fit. I have to try again cause Im rellllly wanting some.

Tammie
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 14:25

Plan: Custom low-carb
Stats: 240/188/140 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hmmm... well, I finished my pb today and don't have any money to buy more but when I do, I'll try to remember to make mine and measure because, while not exactly like Reese's, is pretty close and yummy.