Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 10:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/160/100
BF:
Progress: 8%
Angry Allergies suck Help!!!

Hello:

I am hoping that someone here can help me!! I have food allergies and not just small ones either. I am the type of person who needs medical attention 20 min after I eat something I am allergic to. My difficulty is this. I am on the atkins plan and I am allergic to soy. I have tried the lowcarb bake mix from Dr Atkins and I am allergic to it. The only substitute give is actually soy flour. I was wondering if anyone knew another substitute that I could use instead of this and not break my diet? I have tried to e-mail the Atkin's Center and they sent a reply back to me (automated) that someone would contact me but they never did. Hopefully someone out there knows and can give me some advice.

Pandabear
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 10:50
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I'm sorry to hear about your allergies. Although I cannot help you....I wanted you to know that I don't use any of that stuff. Not even the soya foods. What do you do with the atkins bake mix? Would it be possible to just buy low carb products..already made?

Good luck in your seach.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 10:52
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Whey protein powder and ground almonds can work for some instances, but not all. It depends on what you want to make. What do you want to make?

My predjudice is towards keeping it simple. You don't need to find substitutes for high carb foods. They can get you into trouble if you're not careful with them!

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/160/100
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Cinderella;

Thanks for your reply. The Atkin's Bake Mix allows you to bake low carb bread and is used in quite a few of his recepies. I would love to be able to buy a low carb product already made but sometimes they also have a lot of soy products in them.

Hi Karen;

There was not a specific thing that I wanted to make but I was looking through Dr Atkin's book and some of the recipies look yummy. I am also allergic to nuts so I really have to be careful. Maybe I will have a look at the recipies on this website and see if I can come up with something just for once in a while for a change. I know when I am off the induction part of the diet I will want something *different* once in a while. Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks to you both, I am finding the support on here to be absolutly amazing!!
Pandabear