Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jan-29-10, 09:08

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

The beginning Callanetics is a good intro...I did not use it myself but have watched sections on it...each one of her routines are good infact..she does a lot of explaining and has modifications that can be done for specific problems...it is a good idea to watch it first, there are some exercises that people with knee problems shouldn't do..the pelvic tilt, rotations, and wave I think but I have been able to incorporate some of them...she is so calm in her direction to and seems to just know when you are going to tighten up something or shift your weight the wrong way and reminds you to shift back and relax...the next step is the AM/PM tape...the 10/10 is a big jump so you can do it just do less reps of things...I started with 65/100 but even less than that will help you get in the right positions. Good luck Denise.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jan-29-10, 09:11
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaGirl
The beginning Callanetics is a good intro...I did not use it myself but have watched sections on it...each one of her routines are good infact..she does a lot of explaining and has modifications that can be done for specific problems...it is a good idea to watch it first, there are some exercises that people with knee problems shouldn't do..the pelvic tilt, rotations, and wave I think but I have been able to incorporate some of them...she is so calm in her direction to and seems to just know when you are going to tighten up something or shift your weight the wrong way and reminds you to shift back and relax...the next step is the AM/PM tape...the 10/10 is a big jump so you can do it just do less reps of things...I started with 65/100 but even less than that will help you get in the right positions. Good luck Denise.

Thanks for the tip! I have knee problems, old rotator tear, tennis elbow at times...plantar fascitus - so I will definitely watch it first. I hope I'll be able to do it with my injuries - been pretty limited with what I can do. I weight train with nautilus machines right now (just started back), wonder if I can do both? Is it like weight training where you need to take a day off in between?
Denise
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jan-29-10, 10:11

BF:

It is totally different than anything else I have done. The 10/10 video is good for 3 times a week, any more than that is a little much for me. It is a little like a cross between weight training (only you are using your own body weight with a lot of reps)...like palates (only not as jerky..if that makes any sense) and kinda like yoga (some absolutely wonderful stretches). I know different...I have done it before and gotten a "slammin body" out of it as in woman saying I have the best legs...LOL So it does work, and it is great for your back, the stomach exercises can bother your neck a bit...just put your hands behind your head for support..that does the trick..and you may get a few charlie horse type things, you are using some muscles that don't get used much..but that is where the toning really matters...and she is very positive about modifying and not forcing yourself...it is a process to get the right position, and practise...it is not an all or nothing thing...you work up your reps at your pace, take rests when you have to and feel the rewards no matter how little you can do at first...take your time please...don't do too much at first...it is so worth it when you start to get up to the reps and keep up with the tape..that is what I like most of all about her routines..I never feel like I am failing if I can't do something and it is slow enough that I can not feel like I am competing with the people on the tape...if that makes any sense to you.LOL Again if I can help you in any way I will...just ask.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jan-29-10, 11:53
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
It is totally different than anything else I have done. The 10/10 video is good for 3 times a week, any more than that is a little much for me. It is a little like a cross between weight training (only you are using your own body weight with a lot of reps)...like palates (only not as jerky..if that makes any sense) and kinda like yoga (some absolutely wonderful stretches). I know different...I have done it before and gotten a "slammin body" out of it as in woman saying I have the best legs...LOL So it does work, and it is great for your back, the stomach exercises can bother your neck a bit...just put your hands behind your head for support..that does the trick..and you may get a few charlie horse type things, you are using some muscles that don't get used much..but that is where the toning really matters...and she is very positive about modifying and not forcing yourself...it is a process to get the right position, and practise...it is not an all or nothing thing...you work up your reps at your pace, take rests when you have to and feel the rewards no matter how little you can do at first...take your time please...don't do too much at first...it is so worth it when you start to get up to the reps and keep up with the tape..that is what I like most of all about her routines..I never feel like I am failing if I can't do something and it is slow enough that I can not feel like I am competing with the people on the tape...if that makes any sense to you.LOL Again if I can help you in any way I will...just ask.

Thanks so much for the information and support! I can't wait to start!
Denise
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jan-29-10, 14:35

BF:

16 days of exercising!

Thursday 10/10 session (done)
Friday Walking/Cardio (done)
Saturday AM session
Sunday 10/10 session
Monday PM session
Tuesday 10/10 sesion
Wednesday Walking/Cardio
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Jan-30-10, 10:43

BF:

Saturday AM session and the Walking/Cardio (done)
Sunday 10/10 session
Monday PM session
Tuesday 10/10 sesion
Wednesday Walking/Cardio

I think I have found a combination that will really work for me...on the days that I don't do the 10/10 video I think I will do either the AM or PM routind and a walking routine...I really liked it today.

Day 17's exercise routines done!
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Jan-30-10, 15:57

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Welcome!

I decided to break my workout into two sessions and I believe it is going to work out well for me.

Callanetics, 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours!
I completed 1 hour!
2009: 23 hours
January goal: 13 hours
13 out of 13 completed!
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jan-30-10, 18:31

BF:

Well done on getting your 13 sessions in January Teri, I hope to get 12 in for February of the 10/10 and alternate the AM and PM routines on the other days with a walking routine added to those days.

What do you mean you broke your workout into two sessions?
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Jan-31-10, 00:50

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Well done on getting your 13 sessions in January Teri, I hope to get 12 in for February of the 10/10 and alternate the AM and PM routines on the other days with a walking routine added to those days.

What do you mean you broke your workout into two sessions?

It sounds like you have a great routine scheduled for February. Twelve hours for the month of February sounds like a good number to me too.

I did the first half of Callanetics and then after a short break, I finished the other half. I still can't believe how hard it is to try and relax!

No exercise for me tomorrow! I've earned my day off and will resume my week on Monday. Monday is Walk Away the Pounds and I will be back on Tuesday to get my first hour of Callanetics done for the month February.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Jan-31-10, 08:26

BF:

Thanks Teri, I like the split routine that she has...20 minutes AM and 20 minutes PM...that is really good if you want to split it up into morning and night and you actually get more exercises and a few different ones in, it doesn't have the "put your foot on the ballet bar and stretch over" though and that is one of my favourite of the stretches.

Thanks for telling me your plan do you do them on certain days?
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Jan-31-10, 13:29

BF:

Sunday 10/10 session (done)
Monday PM session
Tuesday 10/10 session
Wednesday Walking/Cardio
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-10, 10:12

BF:

Monday PM session and Walking/Cardio (done)
Tuesday 10/10 session
Wednesday Walking/Cardio
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Feb-02-10, 10:54

Plan: South Beachy/ My Plan
Stats: 206/159.0/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Passed January goal by 90 minutes! YaY!

Calisthenics
February 2010 goal: 800 minutes, at least 40 minutes 5 nights a week.
60 out of 800 completed!

Last night: Jogged with the dog a mile and did WATP 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk with weights the whole DVD, I was soaked!
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Feb-02-10, 10:56

BF:

Monday PM session and Walking/Cardio (done)
Tuesday 10/10 session (done)
Wednesday Walking/Cardio

Day 20 of exercising...tomorrow will make the 3 week mark..who is this girl.LOL
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Feb-02-10, 13:17
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

WooHoo Ladies!!!

Just picked up my beginning callanetics dvd at my PO box over lunch. Gonna give a whirl tonight. I'll have to watch my knee though, it's been bitin' me lately...

Denise