Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 12:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 223/140/140
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default anyone maintaining?

I was just curious if anyone out there was in the maintenance phase of atkins and how they were doing it. I will hopefully one day be there and would like some firsthand info.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 14:24

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

hello!! pick me pick me...LOL yes I have been maintaining now since beginning of sept and doing well. In fact even after I have added more carbs, in the last few months I have still lost 4 pounds. Its a learning process for me, but I do enjoy not having to be extra careful 24/7. I still watch what I eat mind U and I still exercise at least 4 days a week. If u need any help I am certainly here for U.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 15:15

BF:
Default mantain

May I ask how you maintain? what kind of foods do you eat? Do you stick strictly to the veggie, meat, dairy of atkins or are you eating occasional breads and cereals?What is you carb level?
I still have a long way to go, but its wonderful to know I will be able to keep it off after all is said and done!
Thanks for your response.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 17:41

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hi Karen - there's a Maitenance area on this site - it's a recent addition but there are some posts there about maintaining.

Check it out! I've been maintaining for a little bit, it's a lot easier than I would have thought - the trick is never to consider this a "temporary fix"
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 08:58

BF:
Default saerch?

Thanks, I have had a hard time navigating this site, there is no search that I have found and things are not always where I would expect them to be. I will go try to find the other area.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 09:44

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Like I have said many times in other posts....this is still a learning process for me. I have tried different things like potatoes and corn on the cob a couple times. I eat fruit about 4 times a week. My favorites are apples, strawberries or kiwis which I cut up and smother in cream..lol. I eat more things now like sauages that have fillers in them. One thing I want to get into in the new yr is muffins and low-carb cereals. I have had KFC chicken with the coating on a few times and so far my weight has stayed consistant. Hope this helps a little but please ask questions when U want. Here is my email addy aswell. gwilson38~yahoo.com
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 11:29
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:

Quote:
Thanks, I have had a hard time navigating this site, there is no search

There is a Search function at the top right hand side of the page, beneath the orange bar.

Karen
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 16:37

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Or, just scroll up to the top, click on "Active Low Carber Forums" and it'll give you the whole shebang - all the forums. I have that page in my favorites, so all I have to do is click and I'm at the list.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 15:01

Plan: Low Carb WOE
Stats: 156/135/135 Female 66 inches
BF:28/17%/19%

I have some ???s about this too. I'm going to keep my eye on this one.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 18:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/120/120 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:

I've been maintaining since July '05. It has been relatively easy for me, but I think that's due to 1) I don't eat grains 2) I refuse to go off plan 3) I am eating the same foods as I did in premaintenance. Lots of fruits and veggies, protein dairy and eggs.
My favorite meal right now? Steak, baked sweet potato loaded with butter, and fresh steamed green beans! YUM-O!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 19:42

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

I've been maintaining since April 2005. I consider myself committed to LC for life, and have not returned to my former eating habits.

I do not eat bread, potatoes, or starchy vegetables, except for a rare special dinner. Same with sugar. I do drink wine regularly, in moderation. I frequently enjoy some kinds of fruit (berries, strawberries, melon). I go easy on cheese, nuts, and cream, and other calorie-dense foods. But I don't shy away from a juicy steak, BBQ ribs, and pecan-crusted fish filet.

No, I don't eat like a "normal" person anymore. Funny, though...I'm not missing anything, especially my fat clothes.

The real secret? Regular workouts--cardio and weights.

Best wishes!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-17-06, 08:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/142/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:37%/24%/22%
Progress: 69%

I started maintenance about 3 months ago.
I also still haven't moved towards the grains out of fear more than anything.
Berries are wonderful and I eat them in my low carb yogurts.The more carby veggies don't seem to bother me too much and I basically eat everything I did during the entire plan in moderation.
My CCL is about 70-80.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-17-06, 08:19

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Congratulations to those who are at their goal weight !!
You're all an inspiration.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-17-06, 08:41

Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

I've been maintaining for 2 years now and I dont really do anything different from when I was losing. My weight loss kinda just stopped on its own. I was aiming for around 140lbs and just kept going til I hit around 126lb, I didnt change my eating habits but the weight loss stopped.

So I kinda do induction most of the time and if I go out or need to have a bit more (parties, celebrations etc) occasionally then I do. But I never, ever have bad carbs ie bread, potatoes, sugar, flour, I just tend to pig out on low carb goodies. For a treat I may have some low carb choccie, but not often cos it does trigger my cravings

Suits me great and keeps my appetite under control
  #15   ^
Old Sun, May-10-20, 21:01

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

I've been maintaining for more than a year now. I still maintain a daily food log and compute daily carbs, which I try to keep at around 20g a day, sometimes going over.

TRE (time-restricted eating) is a way of life now. OMAD (one meal a day) every day, unless I don't. IF (intermittent fasting) comes into play now and then (lol).

Not much expansion of the menu. So when I do add something I can evaluate the effects and sometimes they stand out clearly.