Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 09:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/135
BF:
Progress: 100%
Angry Cross Your Fingers

I just found this forum and thought it would be perfect! I am not the greatest at self motivation but I am hoping to improve.

I tried the Low Carb diet once before and lost about 20 pounds. However I went back to my normal eating habits and put it all back on.

So as of today I am changing my eating habits for good. I forget, how long does it normally take before you see results. I am just very unhappy with myself at the moment.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 09:30

Stats: 245/245/145
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Results may vary

Hi there,

Glad you found the forum. As for your question on results, they vary per individual. I forgot to check your profile so I don't know what plan you are following. However, if you're on Atkins, it should only take a few days or so before you are NOT craving carbs anymore. I saw a difference the first week. I lost 7 pounds and since then it's been an average 1-2 pounds per week.

I'm not giving myself a time limit to lose weight because I've decided this is going to be my woe for life. If it takes a year - fine, if it takes 2 years - who cares, as long as I'm healthy and am energetic I don't mind.

Sylvie p
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 10:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins -- Zone
Stats: 175/175/140 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:no clue; yikes! ;)
Smile

hey guys!!!!

what AWESOME attitudes you both have!!! I'm in a different boat though ...this is my first time EVER trying a low carb diet. And well, it feels very weird. This is only my first day, but it feels odd. I guess you could say I am a carb addict ... ALWAYS running to breads, bagels, soda and sweets ESP. cookies ... I had one scrmabled egg for breakfast, and have been guzzling water ... I have found that most beverages contain LOADS of carbs which surprised me!!!! I'm kinda taking it slow .. still in the learning process... I've done a lot of research, and hope to continue that today!!!!! I have a LOT of self motivation, despite being a carb "junkie" I think if I were to notice ANY kinda of result .. keeping sweets and carbs to a minimum might be easy!!!!!!
you guys seem awesome, keep in touch, good luck!!!!!!!!
kristin
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 10:23

Stats: 180/135/135
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile

This is my first day back on this diet and so far I am doing well. I had a two egg omlete with ham this morning. I just had a snack of cottage cheese and a few slices of ham.

I can still hear those carbs calling my name from the food court downstairs!! So correct me if I am wrong on this diet, I don't have the book, butter, real cheese, meat, more uncooked veggies than cooked, cottage cheese, water, etc. Anyone have any exciting recepie suggestions? Any other food that I did not list?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 17:31

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:

hi maggiemay! welcome aboard! i'm glad that you've made it through the first day! for some recipe ideas look at the red bar at the top of the screen. click on karen for some wonderful recipes by our own resident chef! karen has also published several cookbooks as well as teach cooking classes. we also have member submitted recipes right beside karen, called recipes. i hope you'll try out some of these wonderful recipes. there's no nee to feel bored on this woe (way of eating)