Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 06:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 786/786/786 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile Hello everyone, I'm new

Hello everyone, I'm new, well I joined lastnight, and introduced myself but hmmmm need to move about a bit more tto find my way around this forum. I live in London and so glad to see this for UK. I also go to another site, but the members are all in the USA so kind of feel left out...

Well, I hope you will welcome me with open arms and open heart in this forum, you better or I'll....

Ciao

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 07:04

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 143/131/121
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Hello!

Hi, Sheila!

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find a lot of information and support here, I have.

I found UK forum particularly useful for getting ideas and tips from other LCers on products you can get in UK, and in general it just feels nice not to feel out of place when everyone around you stuffing their faces with chips, sweets etc. and then showing a sincere concern about your 'strange' diet.

Keep it going and you'll see and feel the results!

ella
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 07:11
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Ella,

thanks for the welcome. Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I just bought my lunch, and hmm it was upsetting to go through the canteen with smell of nice hot food all around you. I cant have the meat from there but whenever they have fish, gosh the batter...

Well, lets see what happens. I am determined on this and hoping to be near my aim for my Birthday in June. Well, I can hope atleast.

#4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 08:58

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%
Default Hello

Hello and welcome,

This site is very good in all aspects and you can get bowled over by the research that is available.

It is good to dip into a UK specific section. Who knows Splenda might get introduced and no-one would know excepts the eagle eyes on this site.

Will talk again no doubt.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 16:03

Plan: atkins, paleo, vlc
Stats: 186/186/154 Female 60inches
BF:o/m/g
Progress: 0%
Default Hello Sheila,

Hope you have fun here. I seem to spend half my evenings on this site. (You don't have to be that sad!) It is useful to know what to look for in British shops.
See you round.
Zan
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 01:27

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Welcome Sheila

A belated Welcome to the Forum. Birthday in June eh - perhaps we could celebrate your birthday with a LC Get-Together away from all those carb-laden cakes?

The next one we are planning is probably going to be in Cambridge in March but after that I hope to have a summer one in London. Are you anywhere near Golders Hill Park?

This Forum is great for information, answers, support - you name it.
Take care.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 09:02
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hello...

Hello everyone, thankyou for welcoming me. I live soem where around east end and I study in central London. Hmmm. Gosh, I think I am hoping for a bit too much to reach my goal by my birthday, but if I can reach 10st that'll be great. At the moment I'm just below 12. Even being 10st in 4months time seem like unreal, but I'm sure with help and encouragements from you friends I will do it.

Ciao
Sheila
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 06:00
Registered Member

Stats: 128/122/112
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default London Atkiner

Hi

I am also new to the forum and live in London and am on the Atkins diet. I want to say 'welcome' and hope we can offer each other tons of support here in the UK.

Good luck

Daschnook
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 06:47
Registered Member

BF:

Oooppssss

forgot to mention that I am near Golders Hill Park and would love to meet other people from the site.

Please keep me informed me of the 2002 Get Togethers.

Daschnook
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 09:16
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Hi Daschnook

Welcome. Its great is'nt it, this site? So how are you finding Atkins so far? I see you hav'nt a lot to loose.

Yes, you are right, we can help each other through this. Looking forward to being buddies.

Ciao
Sheila
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 04:26
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Sheila

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I noticed in your stats that you are doing really really well on the Atkins Diet...*well done*

How long have you been doing it for and how long did it take you to drop your weight?

I have had so many problems with people taking my weight loss serioulsy as I fall in the 'normal' weight range but it doesnt feel right to me and I know I must get down to a certain goal as I am a small framed person.

Shopping must be tons more satisfying for you now too (I mean with clothes!)

You are an inspiration!

Daschnook
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 09:01
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Daschnook;

gee thanx. Its good to know someone thinks I'm doing great...! I dont feel like I'm doing great. I've been on this diet since 18th January. To be honest I did'nt check my weight until more than a week after starting, and at that time it was 175. The weight I remember I was sometime end of last year was about 179. ButI just put 175 as a safe measure.

At the moment I seem to have stalled, cause there have been no movements for more than a week now. Bit depressign, but its almost my TOM so that could be the reason.

As for clothes, hmm, I always wear very loose fitting clothes so not much difference so far. My build is medium I think (if not heavy, my bones seem to be huge to me... )

Well if you still think I'm doing great than I'm verry pleased to hear that.

You dont have a lot to loose so for you apparently it will be a bit slow, but dont give up. Were here to support each other through this so use it as much as you can. This is one time in your life where you should be using people (in this forum) and not feel bad

Ciao
Sheila
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 13:44
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Sheila

YES YES YES - I do think you are doing well. Plateaus and stalling are the stuff of short nightmares but even though you think nothing is happening - IT IS!!! You are doing the best and most healthy thing for your body and mind that you can ever do and on a cellular level you are holding back the hands of time and disease - now how kewl is that...??? vereeee!!!!***

I have tried everything. Weightwatchers, Suzanne Somers - the dreaded low-fat-high carb stuff and tons of exercise and nada, zip, nothing every came off. I dont know how long Ive been on induction really kuz I began Somersizing and then switched over to Dr A (offically only 4 days ago). Because I switched I dont know which diet is taking the weight off but I suspect it is Atkins as opposed to Somersizing's ideas.

Do you do any exercising to help you through this plateau??

My goal is to not only lose the weight but to be able to wear those tops that reveal flat abs on holiday this year...the idea of not having to sit doubled over to hide my tummy thrills me entirely and I will do whatever it takes to get me there.

Daschnook