Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 21:57

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 296/293/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Cool How long have you been cheat free?

I was just wondering. I would really like inspiration from long time
non-cheaters. I really want to do this fully without cheating. Yes I know
no one is perfect, but the longer I could go the better. So far it has been
15 days for me. Has been a breeeeze -no cravings. I hope it lasts!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 22:10
Living Healthy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

The last time I cheated was Thanksgiving day--and it was planned. Actually, I've only cheated three times in 8 months and two of those were planned. The other was really early in the process--and I found out sugar just didn't taste that good anymore.

I find it gets easier and easier--even Braums commercials on TV don't bug me anymore.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 08:09

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Hi Aalley,
Everyone is different, but for me it has been fairly easy not to cheat. When I made the decision that I was changing my wol to lc, I tried to be prepared for any and everything. My husband laughs at me, but I do not leave the house without water, nuts, and an emergency bar. That way, if I get stuck in traffic or shopping or at a friends house and they only have pasta I have something for a backup. I also keep some sf candy with me so when at the movies or a hockey game and the smells of all the other foods are going to drive me crazy, I eat some chocolate and feel great. Watching the scale slowly but consistently go down and having to buy smaller pants every month or 2 helps a bunch too! It is all in your mindset. I choose to be in control of what I eat and so don't have those times of "well I couldn't help it" because I CAN help it by planning ahead. Some people don't have problems with cheats from time to time. It is whatever works for each person. Good luck on your goals. You can do it!
Marie
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 11:30
Modified :)

Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

I've only ever "cheated" once, but it doesn't really count; it was a makeshift refeed attempt after about 6 weeks of stalling.

Apart from that "planned cheat" last week, I've been clean since I started in September
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 11:54

Stats: 190/186.5/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Well I have been CHEAT FREE for 14 days - milestone!! I am only eating until I am satisfed and have had no real cravings so far - except when I went to the movies and had to smell the popcorn! One upside - didn't have any hulls stick in my teeth!! I am sure in time I will stray and if that happens I plan on jumping right back on this band wagon.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:16
Registered Member

Stats: 3??/3??/140 Female 5ft. 5in.
BF:0000
Progress: 8%

WoW!!! Marieshops,
You have done FANTASTIC !!! I'am on day 8 and I feel great I feel like no one can stop me !!!! I can't wait until I can post that I have been CHEAT FREE FOR 259 Days!
I just LOVE the commitment.. GIRL YOU ARE AWESOME!
Oregongirl
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:28

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Thanks oregongirl. You will be posting those days cheatfree too. Once you get going it really is easy to stay on plan. It is getting even easier with more restaurants and stores jumping on the lc bandwagon. Take care and keep up the good work
Marie
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 18:07

Stats: 138/133/118 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:
Progress:
Default One more day...

Tomorrow will be day 14 cheat free for me, and I'm so excited. I've never stuck to anything like this before, and I found that by reading all of your posts and sticking to "just the basic induction foods" that I neither desired or required anything else.

Still...it will be nice to have almonds on Tuesday!

Also could anyone tell me where to get one of those cheat free graphics? It appears to keep a running count of your cheat free days and when I see everyone elses (especially the triple-digit ones), I'm so inspired!

Thanks!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 19:40

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Since August 16, 2003 - the day I started this WOL. I'm too lazy to count the number of days though, I'd have to go find a calendar somewhere.

I find it easy not to cheat. It's just me and the dog and I got rid of all the nasties before I started this. At Thanksgiving and Christmas I stuck to protein and veggies and I provided a low carb dessert for each occasion. I didn't make a big deal about it, just ate what I wanted and by-passed all the stuff I didn't want. Actually, my brother's wife made it very easy. For Thanksgiving we had turkey and ham (Amish - no sugar) and she always makes a big fresh veggie tray. For Christmas we had prime rib, a salad bar and they had baked potatoes.

shortstuff
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 20:39

Plan: Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/140.6/129 Female 5,1
BF:
Progress: 68%

I began low carb last june and I only cheated once. It was at Christmas. i ate a piece of fruit cake...I agree with Marie. Once you get going is very easy to stay on the plan.
Good luck to you!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 20:50

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

Hi all,
Congratulations to everyone for being cheat free as long as you have I have been cheat free since October 10, 2003 when I started this WOE. I also carry emergency rations in my pocketbook . When I'm going somewhere I always bring a LC dessert with me. Tonight I brought a LC cheesecake to my mom's for my Birthday Cake She made me shrimp scampi and I brought spaghetti squash and put the shrimp over that . I'm actually loving this WOE. I have bought one loaf of LC bread so far and only used 2 slices to make stuffing out of. The rest is in the freezer. I'm kind of afraid to eat it for fear I'll start the whole sandwich for lunch everyday thing again.

Keep up the good work,
Alli
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 22:25

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

I find it easy...but then I don't consider having had one piece of fruitcake at Xmas 'a cheat' really.. (not that I did). To me, 'cheating' (and I do hate that term) would be going to McDonald's on purpose and ordering the whole shebang for example. I try to plan ahead, carry stuff, choose restaurants, etc. As a result, no problem for the past 6 months, and I doubt if I will ever have...feel too good on this WOE.

Val
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 05:03

Stats: 191.2/161.4/140 Female 5' 10"
BF:no clue/28.46%/:)
Progress: 58%

Eight days for me! I had to look through fitday to find out. I've actually been at it for more than two weeks, but nine days ago I had the brialliant idea to have a dinner roll to give me energy for my taebo. Oops! Won't do that again....
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 05:33

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Cheat-free for about 30 hours now, hahaha. Just couldn't say no to that darn cheesecake after eating a wonderful filet mignon and veggies
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 06:11

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

I have been cheat free since Christmas (okay the day after..) I am staying on strick induction until my birthday, Feb 21st. My mom makes me a rainbow cake every year for my birthday (cake with jello mixed in!) I am going to eat Sushi for dinner and have a slice of rainbow cake after then its back to induction until the lat day of my Miami trip at the end of March. Cuban Food on that cheat day.....