Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-07, 21:18
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nae
yep im taking metformin 2 times daily at 500mg as well, still no period, i seen the gyno about it and he put me on medroxyprogesterone for a bit to make me have one but i bled very very little and the meds made me a hell hound emotionaly, im prolly going to make another ap, but i just wondered if anyone had the same problems

How low are your carbs? How much protein are you averaging per day? And are you eating enough calories each day for your current weight to be in a deficit but not starvation mode?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-07, 01:38

Plan: atkins (modified)
Stats: 498/436/300 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 31%

well when i first started on this topic i was new to low carb, and waiting for my atkins book to arrive pretty much reading everyones success stories and learning. i just got the book last week been reading it,and planned to start it seriously on jan 1st. im hoping it helps me lose weight and helps with the thyroid problem i have and pcos
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-07, 12:10

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

I had taken metformin for years and still didn't have a period at all. I started Atkins in early May of 2004 and I've only missed or skipped 3 periods since then.

Good luck to you.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 19:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/155/150 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%
Red face Metformin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbygrrl
Are you currently treating your PCOS with anything? I take 500mg of metformin twice a day and my periods are coming every month!

I not only have to take 500mg of Metformin twice a day, but to get my period I have to take a progesterone supplement.

Ugh, to work on having babies I'm on yet another round of clomid, b-complex vitamins, prenatals, and possibly they are thinking of adding more too. Sucks!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 19:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/155/150 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Wow!

[QUOTE=camaromom]I had taken metformin for years and still didn't have a period at all. I started Atkins in early May of 2004 and I've only missed or skipped 3 periods since then.

I am seriously impressed you've been low-carbing so long. I have done it a month and find myself slipping periodically on chips.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-08, 06:42

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2812
[QUOTE=camaromom]I had taken metformin for years and still didn't have a period at all. I started Atkins in early May of 2004 and I've only missed or skipped 3 periods since then.

I am seriously impressed you've been low-carbing so long. I have done it a month and find myself slipping periodically on chips.

Thanks. It really has become a WOL for me. I can't really imagine eating any other way. The only day I cheat is Christmas. I gained 6 pounds. I'm re-inducting and it is finally gone.