Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-11, 11:08

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

so, I'm on day 5 of stabilization. I'm up not quite 2 pounds above LDW but I'm so darned constipated! Sorry! Nothings moved in over a week so I'm getting some Milk of Mag tonight. I'm so bloated today that my rings that are two sizes too big are tight....I didn't weigh today because I didn't want to see what it said....
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 08:48
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Aw. Is something you're eating causing the water retention? I've been only slowly reintroducing foods. Actually... scratch that, still sticking to P2 foods for the most part, except adding more and different veggies. No dairy, no nuts. Nothing that's likely to be something I'm intolerant of.

I will probably introduce eggs today and see how I do with that for a couple of days before introducing anything else.

My weight has actually bobbled down just a tad. I'm not really believing it's real though.
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 10:05

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Aw. Is something you're eating causing the water retention? I've been only slowly reintroducing foods. Actually... scratch that, still sticking to P2 foods for the most part, except adding more and different veggies. No dairy, no nuts. Nothing that's likely to be something I'm intolerant of.

I will probably introduce eggs today and see how I do with that for a couple of days before introducing anything else.

My weight has actually bobbled down just a tad. I'm not really believing it's real though.

Nancy, believe it, most people lose a bit of weight on P3 if they are being careful like you are.
it's when you jump the gun or eat something you are intolerant to that you see the big jumps up.

I got glutened again and saw 1.6 up.

~ deb, MOM is a good idea but I would also look at what you've eaten to see if there is something that you could be intolerant to. hcg P2 is really like a cleanse, I think it gets us in tune with the ole bod and allows us to see what it doesn't like to have in it by jumping us up in weight mostly through inflammation (ie constipation, water retention etc)
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

i have a question, girls..

this paragraph from P&I; Duration of Treatment:
As soon as their statistically normal weight is reached, these patients are put on 800-1000 Calories for the rest of the treatment.

The diet is arranged in such a way that the weight remains perfectly stationary and is thus continued for three days after the 23rd injection. Only then are the patients free to eat anything they please except sugar and starches for the next three weeks.

after we're finished with our drops/injections (& the 3 days), then we can eat anything we want in any quantity as long as it isn't sugar or starch?

or is he referring to 800-1000 calories for the duration of treatment?
meaning, after the hcg is out of your system?

thanks
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 13:36
Experimenter

BF:

I think it's for the people that reach goal before the 23rd injection that they raise their calories and continue on with the hcg. Once that is done normal P3 is started.

Simeons' P3 doesn't have calorie restrictions or any restrictions other than no starch or sugar. However, it sounds like some people find resuming too quickly with high calories causes some rebound gain. That's why I'm going slowly.

I'm going to take it very slowly... I don't trust my body.
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 14:37

BF:

Quote:
I think it's for the people that reach goal before the 23rd injection that they raise their calories and continue on with the hcg. Once that is done normal P3 is started.

Simeons' P3 doesn't have calorie restrictions or any restrictions other than no starch or sugar. However, it sounds like some people find resuming too quickly with high calories causes some rebound gain. That's why I'm going slowly.

I'm going to take it very slowly... I don't trust my body.

Nancy is right, no specific restrictions but general experience is that if you go slow, increase fat and protein first in P3 you'll have a better time stablizing.

btw, the 800-1000 calories I've also seen referenced as a shaping round where the goal is not to lose more fat but to redistribute it.
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 11:21
Experimenter

BF:

Wow! The low of 165.8 stuck for 2 days now. Yay.
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 16:02

BF:

that`s great Nancy! I`m getting things under control, back within 2lbs of LDW.

I made meetza (used goat`s milk mozz) for lunch today was really good!
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 17:10
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maile1
that`s great Nancy! I`m getting things under control, back within 2lbs of LDW.

I made meetza (used goat`s milk mozz) for lunch today was really good!

Were you fluctuating?

I'm still sticking very closely to P2 foods, except for adding whole eggs and a glass of wine the other night. Oh yes, lots of olive oil and other veggies.

I think after giving the eggs another day or two I'll try to add something else. Coconut or peanut flour perhaps?

Man, I'd love some good low carb pizza. Maybe I'll give it a try further into P3. Today should be my first day at BMR calories... 1750-ish.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 19:04

Plan: Paleoish
Stats: 166/163/138 Female 5 feet 7.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

Thanks for all the inspiration! I'm on day 2 of vlcd. It feels like I'm quitting smoking again or something! Reading about your experiences really helps!

Also thanks Maile for other support resources you noted. I'll check them out!
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 20:45

BF:

Quote:
Were you fluctuating?

I'm still sticking very closely to P2 foods, except for adding whole eggs and a glass of wine the other night. Oh yes, lots of olive oil and other veggies.

I think after giving the eggs another day or two I'll try to add something else. Coconut or peanut flour perhaps?

Man, I'd love some good low carb pizza. Maybe I'll give it a try further into P3. Today should be my first day at BMR calories... 1750-ish.

yeah, mostly due to either onset of laryngitis and cross contamination of gluten, each time I poppped up 1.5lbs overnight, first time was fine as I was 2.32 below LDW, after that though had to do correction days. 1st one (Steak Day) worked well but then got glutened the next day. 2nd one was yesterday (Chicken day) and down, but I also exercised yesterday so not as much as it could have been.

I've discovered that coconut flour seems to exacerbate the bounces so no more for a while.

I'm eating P2 plus fat in the form of coconut milk, avocado and butter. I'm at 1830 calories today and fully stuffed!
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 21:40
Experimenter

BF:

Aw crap! Sorry to hear about the cold and the glutenings. I'm hoping I can get away with coconut flour... it always made me constipated as heck before.

I had a weird day today. I only got in 1467 calories. Still, I don't mind not rushing up to 1750... which is what I could have had today, theoretically.
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-11, 10:52
Experimenter

BF:

Ack! I'm nearly at the 2 pound limit. No reason for it other than I had two scrawny chicken thighs from Pollo Loco yesterday. I had a hard time making my 1500 calories yesterday. I forgot to put my meat into the sous vide.

I did eat a full pound of asparagus for dinner... man, it is so awesome done under the broiler with garlic oil. I also had strawberries 2x and 1/2 a grapefruit. Hmmm... that was a bit much I suppose. I was just having such a hard time getting my calories up.
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-11, 11:07

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

Nancy, if you had that much asparagus at night, perhaps it is the weight of the asparagus still in your system that is registering?

How long have you been in P3 again? In both of my previous hcg rounds, it took the full 3 weeks for my weight to stop going crazy. My first round, my ldw was 176. And in that first 3 weeks, I weighed anywhere between 173 and 179, and I didn't "cheat" once. But by the end of three weeks, I had stabilized right at 175.5 or so.

In my second round, my ldw was 160. Again, I ranged anywhere from 158 to 165 during those initial few weeks. But I did manage to stabilize right a 160, until I started a failed third round of hcg and blew my stabilization point.

The ups are not always due to dieting errors.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-11, 11:11

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

well I'm not Nancy but I'm having a hard time on P3. since day 5 of P3 I've been exactly 5 pounds heavier than my LDW. Now it's day 10 pf P3 and I haven't lost a smidge even though I've been doing Alternate Correction Days for the last 5 days. The scale is not budging at all. So have I stabilized at my old set point? It sure seems like it....