Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 14:53

Plan: i dont know
Stats: 170/170/105 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy any good friends out there?

hi every body,
i'm in need of a friend who i can talk to and they wont laugh. see the problem is i eat when i'm mad,depressed,sad,bored etc... i'm on the look out for somebody who not only can help me but i can try to help them to. if any one is interested then just let me know. i'd real appreaciate it. pleez. oh and f.y.i. i'm 180lbs and 5ft 2 1/2 in. so i think thats a problem. and i'm only 13.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 21:29

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

hi hun . i would love to be your friend . i am 16 but i am willing to see if it works out . i will try to help you and you can help me . hope to hear from you soon . And please try not to get mad , depressed , etc. i it makes me sad when people are depressed. I just have one question does your mom and dad know that you are going to try to lose weight ? i just want to make sure
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 21:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/247/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

I think that you will find many people on this board each for the same emotional reasons you do. You are definitely not alone. Good luck with your weight loss goals. You can do it!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-04, 12:45

BF:

blues thanx and yeah my parents do know that i'm tring to lose weight and they know about this sight but there overwight to so they're trying to lose it but theyre havin a hard time eit h the no carbs thing. i would like to help you to whacha need?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 15:23

BF:

glas to see that oyu really want to stick to this wol . i know it is hard but the results are fantastic if i have it right you are in 7th grade , so if middle school is like any other middle school, what they serve is gross in a way for lunch . let see , om my weight has been going up and down and i have not been making great choices . but i am trying. the only thing you can do it try. om well hope to hear from you soon. feel free to visit my journal . or if you have an aim me truebluesfan88 or e-mail me truebluesfan88~yahoo~com . hang in there . you are doing great !
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 16:04

BF:

haven't heard from you in like a week . so i was just stopping by to say hi !hope oyu had a fantastic weekend
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 13:12

BF:

hey blue sorry i havent had a chance to get on the cpu lately. my weekend was good i made $30. how was your weekend? i know have my freinds ready to support me my pretty much making me eat salads, my dad is gonna get me to excersise every night or every other night. i am really gonna stick to it and i dont thnk my friends will let be back down anytime soon so i guess i have no choice but to stick to it now. lol.
and uh actually i'm in 8th grade and younger than most of the people there so alot of people think i'm in 7ht grade but people usually come to me for help with homework, and class work and stuff like that cause they think i'm a genius and have told me so on many occations. so what grade are you in?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 05:38

Stats: 275/159/145 Female 5 feet five inches
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hi, I was just reading this thread. Good for you tomboy14, I was that weight ish at your age and I did nothing about it until now and I am 31. I WISH that I had done somthinng when I was in gr 8. Congrats, you can do it , it looks like you have all the support you need at home and here.
Big Hugs, Astrid
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 13:41

BF:

hi hun . sorry about the grade thing . I am in 10th grade ! it is fun i guess. 8th grade was a great year . But that is great that your friends are behind you . All my friends would not support me . ok i shouldn't say that . most of them do not know . excersising is great , even if it is only for 10 minutes each day it is better then nothing I dance 2 times a week and do dance arobics 1 time a week and sometimes i go for a run on the weekend, but that is like it . So as much as you can fit it ,that is great .
My weekend is going good so far . on thursday i went to the cardinals game 7 baseball game and we are in the world series now . btw i am a huge sports fan,mostly hockey , baseball and football. so that was a great night . then on friday i went to a dance performance at a local college , and today i did a dance workshop for 2 hours and then tonight am going to a dinner theature with my youth group. Sounds like oyu are having a good weekend too.

And just a side note , i know 8th grade is a busy year so i really do understand that you can't get on to often. I do most of my posting on the weekends because school keeps me so busy . so don't feel bad if you can't write back quickly !

have a great weekend
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 17:34

BF:

hi hun , i just was stopping by to wish you a good week. i will probuly not be on to next monday . school is crazy and i am going away for the weekend . so have a great week and weekend . Try not to get tempted by anything . you are strong and can do this
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 17:57

BF:
Default hey

hey i hope you have a good weekend too. school is hectic. espically with teachers that like to play mean pramks on his students and then sit there and laugh about it.

well not much here so i guess i'll ttyl

tomboy14
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 09:53

BF:

hey how are you. everythings fine here. did you remember to turn your clocks back? i did but i still have to get used to it being earlier than i'm used to. looking forward to going trick or treating. what about you? or have you stopped already?
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 13:18

BF:

hi tomboy , I was out of town to like a hour ago , and so i had no clock to set back . hopefully tongiht i will remember to turn them back . I have stopped trick or treating but i still dress up and take my brother around . this year i am taking him and his best friend around. it should be a great night ! hope you have a good halloween what are u going to be ?
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 14:59

BF:

i went as a vampire. can you belive my mom is going to make me get braces without even conculting me on my opinion? its stupid. and my science teacher humilated me by writting the boys name on the board and then the whole class was like singing love songs and geting on to me and him telling him that he''d have to buy my favorite plant which is a tree and omg is was so annoying.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 07:15

Stats: 275/159/145 Female 5 feet five inches
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Get the braces

Hi, I recomend you get the braces. When I was 14 I was suposto get braces and I refused, I skipped out on my appoitments etc. Now I wish I had. My sister did and she has a straight beautiful smile, my teeth are very crooked and I have to have then cleaned every 3 months instead of every 6 months. I am not trying to tell you what to do, I am just offering personal info that relates to your situation.
Take Care
Astrid