Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-12, 08:25

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/208.6/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Really/effing/high
Progress: 19%

Wow! Great job!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-12, 08:39

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Congratulations for losing 40% of the "old you"!

And reaching..then exceeding your goal weight.

Overacheiver
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-12, 10:56

Plan: ECLECTIC LC-MFP
Stats: 321/182/196 Male 72
BF:ABDOMINABLY?!
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Congratulations for losing 40% of the "old you"!

And reaching..then exceeding your goal weight.

Overacheiver
Thanks Jey!! Another milestone to celebrate - I'm only three-fifths the man I was when I started. Don't think I'll ever be half though... Have another 10#s to lose to reach 'normal' bmi on current charts.

Bkloots - Thanks & You're most definitely welcome. The calculator continues to help me gauge protein rqmts. I wish I had it when I started and was trying to go by USDA protein recommendations?! Then baffled by the rather large range of atkins acceptable protein levels. Well any ways enjoy and good luck! Sooo Far, I'm 'maintaining' by continuing to lose on the same diet with a tad more fruit/nuts/cheese. I'm afraid LC dieting is basically a life sentence, if you go on parole - you're probably going to see significant losses of your losses...
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 06:04

Plan: New Atkins
Stats: 213/171.6/150 Male 70 (inches)
BF:31%/24%/22%
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaloss
Have another 10#s to lose to reach 'normal' bmi on current charts.

Go for it, bro...you're very nearly already there!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 19:06

Plan: VLC, Paleo
Stats: 243/228.4/135 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:way too much!!!
Progress: 14%

congrats on your triple-digit loss!

I posted a question to you in Mizkitty's journal, but thought I'd post it here, since you have a thread on this topic (and have no journal of your own!)

Did your average weekly weight-loss reflect the calculations? (in other words, was it fairly accurate in predicting/determining your average weekly weight-loss?) I'm interested in weighs to maximize my weight-loss efforts, because I tend to be a pretty slow loser and want to do what I can to eat right.

Julie
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-12, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaca201
congrats on your triple-digit loss!

I posted a question to you in Mizkitty's journal, but thought I'd post it here, since you have a thread on this topic (and have no journal of your own!)

Did your average weekly weight-loss reflect the calculations? (in other words, was it fairly accurate in predicting/determining your average weekly weight-loss?) I'm interested in weighs to maximize my weight-loss efforts, because I tend to be a pretty slow loser and want to do what I can to eat right.

Julie
Looking back it was almost spookily accurate. See my profile graph photo. Now my loss rate seems to be slower than it has been. Which I guess is to be expected. LINK
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-12, 16:24

Quote:
Looking back it was almost spookily accurate. See my profile graph photo. Now my loss rate seems to be slower than it has been. Which I guess is to be expected. LINK

wow, that's a very good & steady trend, w/very little variance...looks like you lost steadily. I like the info Jenny's calculator gives, but how to you plan your meals around her suggestions? (i.e., do you star w/your protein and build on the fat?)

I find it easy to plan healthy paleo/LC meals, but really difficult to make the #s balance according to her recommendations

also, how did you post your graph? I'm an excel nut and have a graph of my own, but how did you translate that into an IMG file?
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-12, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaca201
wow, that's a very good & steady trend, w/very little variance...looks like you lost steadily. I like the info Jenny's calculator gives, but how to you plan your meals around her suggestions? (i.e., do you star w/your protein and build on the fat?)

I find it easy to plan healthy paleo/LC meals, but really difficult to make the #s balance according to her recommendations

also, how did you post your graph? I'm an excel nut and have a graph of my own, but how did you translate that into an IMG file?
Right now I'm on vacation and a bit off plan. But for the eight months of steady wt loss, I usually start with protein and try to add some healthy veggies (along with a small ration of cheese/nuts/fruit). The fat either is part of the protein or carbs. I don't eat fat just to eat fat (no eating sticks of butter or spoonfuls of oil just to up the fat %). Salad dressing for salad. Skin with chicken. etc. Don't try to hit the protein number exactly - but make sure you exceed it - just not by too much. A gram less of fat gets you 2g of extra protein without adding kcals.

The graph wasn't an easy thing to do. I use the USDA site to track my wt and food totals. I created the graph there and then saved it as a .png file on my pc. I then had to resize it to 'fit' the rather limited profile restraints. It took a number of tries. I was amazed when I first saw the graph, because it didn't seem like a linear wt loss as I did it. I was constantly trying to figure out why I didn't lose the same amount every day and making adjustments when I didn't lose for a few days. So I think I may of forced the results into a linear pattern a bit, by making sure I didn't find myself in one of those lengthy stalls which seem to confound so many. Whatever I did seems to have worked better than I had any right to expect. NOW mtn is going to be tough especially w/o a scale while on a rather lengthy celebratory vacation!!
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-12, 21:43

Plan: CRON
Stats: 178/117/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:BMI 18.5 Yay!
Progress: 127%

Quote:
NOW mtn is going to be tough especially w/o a scale while on a rather lengthy celebratory vacation!!

I've been maintaining on CRON and I don't find it any more difficult than it was eating on my way down. I eat approximate what you have done, about 1,000 calories a day or thereabouts, sometimes a little more, sometimes less. I'm also not eating meat any longer based on the studies indicating saturated fat is not damaging when you're overweight and losing (it mitigates the carb intake) but becomes more important to restrict at a healthy weight. But my journey is focused on being heart attack and diabetes proof while keeping my BMI around 18.5. I don't think I've weighed this little and been this small since middle school or first year high school.

You've done such a great job, just wanted to congratulate you and hope your maintenance is as successful as your journey down was !
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-12, 22:19

Quote:
Right now I'm on vacation and a bit off plan. But for the eight months of steady wt loss, I usually start with protein and try to add some healthy veggies (along with a small ration of cheese/nuts/fruit). The fat either is part of the protein or carbs. I don't eat fat just to eat fat (no eating sticks of butter or spoonfuls of oil just to up the fat %). Salad dressing for salad. Skin with chicken. etc. Don't try to hit the protein number exactly - but make sure you exceed it - just not by too much. A gram less of fat gets you 2g of extra protein without adding kcals.

The graph wasn't an easy thing to do. I use the USDA site to track my wt and food totals. I created the graph there and then saved it as a .png file on my pc. I then had to resize it to 'fit' the rather limited profile restraints. It took a number of tries. I was amazed when I first saw the graph, because it didn't seem like a linear wt loss as I did it. I was constantly trying to figure out why I didn't lose the same amount every day and making adjustments when I didn't lose for a few days. So I think I may of forced the results into a linear pattern a bit, by making sure I didn't find myself in one of those lengthy stalls which seem to confound so many. Whatever I did seems to have worked better than I had any right to expect. NOW mtn is going to be tough especially w/o a scale while on a rather lengthy celebratory vacation!!

that makes sense..that's basically how I plan my meals now. I'm still struggling to eat enough protein, simply because I'm struggling to eat enough. period. (my ketosis really makes for very low/little appetite)

congrats again on the loss...and have fun celebrating!

I've not had success yet maintaining, hence the need for me to lose weight currently. However, I would advise what many will tell you: add carbs back slowly and track your weight and blood sugar to see where you can maintain; join a couple of the maintenance threads on here (I see they're very helpful); and try not to celebrate too much with food! (I get in trouble for this one!)

have a good time on your vaca... nice to meet you and wish continued success on you maintenance plan
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 12:25

Quote:
More like induction on steroids. NO drugs, but my LC diet is even more restrictive than induction. A thousand kcals per day avg and less than 20g of total carbs. No sugar/starch/grains. Also I found avoiding artificial sweeteners helpful. Drink only water, lots of water!!! I ate a very small amount of fruit/cheese/nuts, which I'm currently doubling now that I've reached goal! I used the calculator below to make sure I got the required protein and I avg about 57%fat/35%prot/8%carb...

Unfortunately since I chose to lose at such a low calorie level, I'll probably also need to maintain at a relatively low level too. This isn't all bad, since I'll need less food and should live longer according to some longevity studies. I just won't be getting my money's worth at the all u can eat buffets... Haven't been to one of those for a while!!!

My first diet-versary is next wk. Reached a new low today and have been maintaining for a few months now. I've stopped counting carbs and kcals for the most part, but have been trying to stay LC as much as I can without being too obsessive about it. When I have higher carb no-no's I try to limit portions. I did go to one Chinese buffet where I went whole hog while on vacation, but quickly returned to the more straight and narrow. The holidays were a bit tough, but again I just tried not to get too carried away and kept an eye on the scale. I've been craving pizza for quite a while now, but have been delaying the inevitable so far. DW made pecan coffee cake this morning and I indulged a bit and had some with a chicken thigh on the side. Skipping lunch now, but the hunger is a tad strong. Guess I'll be drinking a lot of water this afternoon to drown it. Hope to see the 180's soon, it's been a very long time since my wt has been this low...
Enjoy all and thanks for all the kind comments...
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-13, 13:37

Plan: HF/LC Primal
Stats: 235/134/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Congrats
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 21:18

Plan: F. A.
Stats: 343/136/140 Female 66
BF:Dunno (or care)
Progress: 102%
Default Can I be a member of this forum?

Can I be a member?

I have lost bunches of weight (starting weight: 343, current 133.5). Date I changed the way I ate (no diet) (hopefully forever): July 11, 2007. Date I reached goal: May 1, 2009. I was obese all my life. I was 185 (size 16/18) when I graduated from high school; I turn 65 (MediCare) in September and now wear size 6/8 and can run a mile. I still have a hard time believing this really happened (and is still happening) to me!
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-13, 12:05

Congratulations patience!! That's amazing!

You're more than welcome here and have definitely earned tripledigitloserville membership!! <Twice over!>

Maintenance is a bit challenging, but so far so good. Hard to believe I've come this far too, but it really makes me smile to think about. Enjoy!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-13, 15:15

Plan: F. A.
Stats: 343/136/140 Female 66
BF:Dunno (or care)
Progress: 102%

Thanks for approving me.

I have discovered (the hard way) that I have what I think of as an allergy to flour and sugar. If I have any at all, I experience cravings the next few hours. My solution: why have 'just a little'? I've NEVER had 'just a little' in my life!

Anyway, I love maintenance. Sometimes (still) my first response to stress is "What's in the refrigerator." But I'm not hungry. I now know the difference between stress and hunger. And my principal form of recreation was going out to a restaurant with someone. It was a real challenge finding activities (and friends) whose activities were something other than eating! Now I volunteer, volunteer, volunteer! And I have a part time job, take a class, belong to a gym, have two pets, lots of friends, and lots of church activities. These, and perfect check ups, are the results of lots of work and long-term maintenance. I thought when I was fat that my life would be perfect if I lost weight. It wasn't. But it is a wonderful adventure.