Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#616   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-20, 02:46

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Oh Hell---o,

What a night. Up at 4AM after a super restless night for both DH & me. It took me forever to get to sleep last night and then DH started with the throat tickling cough....sounds like sinus drainage type thing....not in the chest. Anyway, then he got up to go to the bathroom sometime after 3, which caused the cat to get awake and come to get me up....

So..this will be an even longer day than usual. I'm hoping to get out for a walk, just may have to take the umbrella along. I need to get out in the fresh air. Yesterday was full of anxiety etc for me. Some days I deal with this whole situation better than others. I guess that's normal. It's not that I don't enjoy being in my home, but it's just the thought that I can't go anywhere else for an unknown amount of time that gets to me. I want to go see my sister and I have no idea when I will be able to do that. I talk to her almost every day and she's doing ok for now. I just hate to think of her all alone in her apartment. I know she misses being with her granddaughter. They Facetime and they both cry sometimes during their talks. Breaks my heart. DSis gets out and walks the walking trail at her apt complex nearly everyday, so that's good. We have been talking about going to our fav place....Virginia Beach when this is over. Hopefully in September. It's just so odd not to be able to plan anything.....so much unknown and uncertain. Same for us all.

Enough of my whining.

Well Jaz.....tomorrow is the day! I know we will all be anxious to hear about your first impressions. I will be keeping all good thoughts for you. Enjoy today before your new adventure starts.

I'll be back later.....goodness knows I'll have time!
Sponsored Links
  #617   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-20, 05:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz your new job is coming at ya...can't wait to hear your report

Yea it is nice that check is coming. So many can use it! Paying off a credit card is lovely LOL Me, for my money I am socking it in the mattress

I didn't go down 2 bathing suit sizes LOL I just said the one suit was baggy but the other suit that is the same size as the baggie one is tight...hoping it fits well now...lol... but yea right now I am in that area of changing sizes cause clothes are looser and all and my 'big' tshirts I wear for comfort now are just way too damn big and look like a crazy person vs. just baggy and comfortable now. Most of those are gone, kept a few for over bathing suit shirts tho. Will see where I end up, I am just along for the ride LOL

Lori, wow up at 4 and not good sleep. I think that stinks for ya LOL Allergy kicked in here also. That sludge down the throat and constant bit of hacking to clear the throat. I know it well! Hope DH does ok thru it, take the drugs if needed, they help

Yea I got cabin fever also. I can shop and crap but shopping is not fun for me. I need freedom to roam and roaming around ain't a thing right now for any of us....hold in there

hey nicco and blue....waiting for check in from ya'll

WEE 81 today and sunny. back porch sun bathing.

mowed alot yesterday. yellow pollen everywhere big time. sinus/allergy on high for me. need a bit of rain, fast one, take pollen out of air, clean my porch, yellow car and junk off and then go away fast again HA

hubby to mow his mom's today then come home and finish mowing what I didn't get, around barns, fenceline etc.

today is a same ol' sh** day, SOS, around here

nothing major to do, gonna probably rip down a bit of fence line along my house, needs replacing. Smaller section so not alot of work. Have to hit Lowe's to get new panels for that area and get it done. Projects...hate them anymore, everything in and around the house is older now....been like 25 yrs here so yea, crap is falling apart now. Back porch painting has to kick in but need some boards replaced etc...maybe next year on that one HA

hubby hit our smokehouse place store yesterday. Got a massive smoked boston pork butt. OMG so good. Ate a monster monster plate of it. Yummy fat, juicy meat and I hit into that thing like a maniac. He will take some to his mom when he heads over to mow later. Not as much of a pork eater anymore, but when this shows up I jump on it and inhale I am not a fan of this reheated anymore so hubby will cut it up a bit and freeze for his bbq pork sandwiches he can eat and finish it off in good time. Had my fill, don't want more

nothing more to even chat about. over and out and hope everyone has a great day!
  #618   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-20, 08:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning- I didn't sleep well!

Lori- Up at 4? GADS!!!!! I had a crappy nights sleep. Angst hit me hard last night. (see email). I feel for your sister- more than you know. It is especially hard to be so isolated as an older person and alone!
I sure hope that you and sis can plan a vacay in Sept.

Sorry your hubby is getting the sinus junk! Trig is right the pollen is floating like a fog in the air!
I get ya on up days down days and we handle each day as it comes. Some days are better than others!
Hang in there- we are all in the same boat.

Trig- - Sticking your stash in the mattress huh? HAHAHA-
In a way I envy your country life style that is largely untouched in everything else going down in the country. Not to say that people in very rural area are immune- but you are more prepared to handle these kinds of issues.

My grandmother on my mothers side was a farmer in a rural area in Ohio. She even had her own water well. They were "Preppers" in their own way - they lived through the Great Depression. They even had a Victory Garden and lived pretty much off the land.
They grew a ton of veggies and corn and traded for meat and eggs with the dairy farmer down the road. They RARELY "went to town". They didn't watch TV, they read books, and played on the farm. They were simple people who were self sufficient. They were looking back ahead of their time.
Take in mind we are talking back in 1920's-1980 when they passed. They were married in the 20's.
When my mom gets together with her brothers and sister I hear them talk about life on the farm.
It is a very different life to me. All this to say, you are in a good spot, while the rest of the country falls apart! I know you might be bored as you are a travel bug like me. But I tell ya- my butt would be right where yours in and feeling good about it!!!!!!

Speaking of travel bug- I sunbathed yesterday too! The sun peaked out and I slipped in a tank shirt and felt happy in the heat! I pictured myself somewhere on the beach!!!!!
I know you are getting itchy to get your pool up!

NIC/BLUE- Check in!!!!! -
---------------------------------------------------------------
My thoughts are scattered above..........

I agree with Lori that for me too some days are better than others. I vacillate between handling the fact our county is going to crap, people are dropping like flies, first responders are going to war with no equipment.
I am in the last group. In another situation I would be happy as a lark to start a new adventure in a new hospital. It is hard for me to separate my life from my WOE.
I know this is a WOE forum. But ya know, something of this magnitude effects everything in our life including our eating.

I will have to say one more thing, and then I am going to change the subject. It think it is vital to pull away from the news a little bit every day and put on some positive upbeat music.
Yesterday I was hit hard, I saw a clip of a huge truck backed up to the door of a hospital. The truck was a cooler- because the morgue was full.

I am truly wondering if I am making the right decision with this new position. I got am email from my new manager Friday confirming I was still coming. I guess they have had multiple people dropping out. I can see why.

Ya, know this is where I truly need to see what I am made of and pull up those britches and put one foot in front of the other and go.
Now is not the time for all the nurses to bail on our country. Can you imagine if all the nurses and doctors bailed? It's the right thing to do- shut up and go and make the best of it.
Ok- I am done whining.

Oh yeah...... so with my new job comes more isolation. My mom, daughter, and neighbor have all said once I start- they are afraid of what I will be exposed to and don't want it. It is fear- I get it. I would say the same thing if I had a preemie, or was in my 70's. I was planning on that anyway! Sighhhhhhhhhhh

I am going to mow my yard. It desperately needs cut. I will find someone but haven't done it yet. I love it when it's done. It reminds me of sweeping. I love it when it's done a pretty.

I am thinking about pulling out my grill. I have salmon and chicken thawing. I want to cook them both up so I have something for tomorrow. I want to make up some chicken salad for tomorrow and then dinner is done when I get home.

Pollen- Pollen- Pollen- My white car is covered in a yellow dust. You can actually SEE the yellow fog in the air. We are expertly rain tomorrow which hopefully will clear some of that out! Thankfully, it only last a few weeks here. It is pine pollen. My doll house is up-rounded by pine. They are so pretty, but they do put out the pollen.

Well- not much else happening. My post was going to be uplifting and positive. I am sorry it wasn't. Let's see what I can give as a ending on a silver lining..........
We are a strong people- and SOMEDAY will look back on this time as character building right?!?!?!-
The sun still shines on some days, and we all have freezers packed, and we have a soft warm bed at night!

Back to Maslow's higher archy of needs! WE meet those. Yup- best I can do for right now.
  #619   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-20, 15:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!
Checking in!

Jaz- I get your worry, to the degree that I can understand it. I hope that you at least find that you love the job and your co-workers. Where is it, again? And how long to get there? What hours will you be working?

WOW 85 degrees already! That is nuts!

Loved the story of your Pontiac.

Blue- Hope all is well with you!
RE: Zoom.. we just did our first Family zoom with DH's brothers, their wives, their families, and the grandparents. It was pretty fun! My DD was saying that as a teacher, she can create meetings that last longer than 40 minutes at a time.

Trig- Sounds like your pain has lessened a lot now and you are able to do a lot more. Glad about that!

Love that you have a swimsuit that is too big now. Keep it up, Girl!

There's no government money coming our way, far as I know, but I can't complain. Many others need it far more than we.

Lori- Hugs, girl. I really wish you could see your sister or she could see you. Seems like that would be possible? I mean, you guys are both isolating well, so it seems that the risk would be pretty minute? I hate to hear that she is so alone and so sad. I honestly just want you to bring her home to you. She can FT her daughter and granddaughter from your house!

A five mile walk is really great!! I've been meaning to check out that podcast. I'll add it now. Ok- done!!

••••••••••

Jaz, you asked if DS21 and his GF are living with us right now. DS21 is, GF is with her family. They are still seeing each other as she lives about 20 minutes from us. As long as both families practice isolation protocol I think that is reasonable. No going out.

DH is doing okay but under tremendous stress. He has been trying to get a unanimous vote for something for the AHLA and he has literally been in online meetings about it for HOURS each day. 8 hours on Thursday, about 4 hours Friday, several hours Saturday, several hours today. Still unresolved. And during all of this, he is not getting any billable work done for his law practice-- all the AHLA is unpaid work. So he is falling behind with his paid work hours and dealing with all of those clients. I don't even know how he is putting one foot in front of the other right now.

He has been doing all this from home but will be going in to his local office also. They are considered essential work, and he and one other guy work in their office space, and the other guy is not really coming in.

DS21 and DS18 are continuing with their revisit of their youth. It is incredibly sweet. They are out in the woods building a fort right now. They used to do that when they were young. They've also been out throwing the baseball around every evening. I am enjoying watching this!

DD and SoIL are coming over for dinner tonight. I've had homemade sauce simmering on the stove for hours. It makes a big ole pot so I've got plenty to go around.

I had been doing really well with walking (Friday over 13K steps) but yesterday's rain (and thunderstorms) put an end to that streak. I might get out today- after being drizzly the sun is peeking out now (hence the boys going out.)

Other than that, and stress eating ALL the things, I feel like I have been better the past couple of days. I follow the news, but lightly. I mean, I know what is happening. Saw/read about the truck etc. But for now I can only do my part and I'm the best I can at it. I try not to dwell. I am doing self care- taking baths, taking walks, getting sleep (even if I have nightmares, which I am), keeping my family as safe and fed as I can. You know?

Grateful for all of you and wishing you all health and happiness!
  #620   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-20, 18:34

BF:

Nic- loved your post....... more in morning

Blue- YO BLUE>>>>>>>>>

I feel ill to like I am am getting a sinus infection. I woke up fine then mowed yard. So much pollen I inhaled my throat is burning and ear clogged and I can't breath. Sinus pain and all. On second round of benerdyl- I am knocked OUT. Also took Musinex to get this fluid outta my ear.

Good news orientation is virtual tomorrow. They sent out the notice 2 hour ago- PRAISE BE

Going to bed- more in am - the universe needs to cut me a break and bust up this drainage before tomorrow

nite
  #621   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-20, 20:35

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Going to put my little (.) here.

I feel bad that these days sometimes a couple of days go by before I'm back here. Couple of reasons for that I won't bore y'all with now. But I'll lean into at least one positive reason. I've been writing like crazy these last 3 days...like my muse will NOT leave me alone unless I keep writing, LOL. So this does not make me inclined to write some more here, or anywhere else, including e-mails I owe to friends. This is not always the case---as in last week I barely wrote a page. So when inspiration hits, I have learned to go with it.

Will be back tomorrow, hopefully in the morning. This might be better for me in these days than my long time end of the day post---which I used to like and see as my reward to post a good woe day.

Well, that's irrelevant for me right now. So think I'm going to try to start posting earlier in the day. LOL by earlier I mean maybe sometime before noon. No worries that I'll be beating our lovely early birds here.
  #622   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-20, 05:13

BF:

Good morning up before the sun! Something so not natural about that!

Blue it was good to see you. You know you don't need more than a hey ya'll I'm here and doing .......fill in your blank. Don't think you have to always write that book long post!!!! Although I will say I love those!

I hear ya on strike when inspiration is hot. We all have those days where we are more motivated than others. Hope you are feeling good!!!!!

Nic-
- I love you are aware of what is going on yet doing self care. There HAS to be balance these days, or you can drive yourself batty.
Have you gotten into a new schedule? Is your hubby still doing the daily drive or does he get to WFH?

It made me smile to hear about your "boys" playing ball! It is so fun to see them back into childhood fun times as adults!
It is a bummer that it appears that school is just over for kids across the country. I am hopeful that your kids can look past that and think about next year.
I saw something on the news about collages extending acceptance time to June.
Speaking of, has DS18 decided? It seems surreal to be talking about next Sept!

Lori- I have a feeling you are up and about! I know you are missing your yoga group! You said you found a couple of ones on line you like!
I also know you are on the runners thread. How are your friends in England doing? It would be interesting to talk to someone in another country to see how they are handing this world wide situation.
Did you ever get your box?

Trig- - Did you kiddo get the news they are to work from home through the end of the year? Sucks for kids that liked going to school. Not sure how NC are doing the school thing.

It sounds like you are tooling though just fine! I tell ya though I know that NC has a lot of pine trees as well and right now allergies are high.

Did you get your pool side yet with Barb? I feel for her MIL!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I am underwater! You know when someone is talking to you and you are in a pool submerged. you can hear them only muffled. I feel that way with both ears now and feel fluid in them.
I know longer feel it is sinus, as I am not sneezing or drainage. I am pretty sure it is related to all this pine pollen.
Thankfully, it is not as painful as it was yesterday!

I think it will absorb or drain if left alone. The popping is annoying though. I will take annoying over pain!

I am SO SO SO happy that they moved the orientation to a virtual do at home gig. I am not into people today, feeling this way.
Tomorrow is soon enough!

So it looks like we are all to shelter in place another 30 days per the gov. Down here at the Florida line that are stopping people and turning them away unless they HAVE a reason.
But in all honestly why would you hit up Florida right now? Nothing is open......Everything is closed and will be 30 more days.
I really feel for these small business to get that news. The bills are still coming in!!!

I am going to try to find a stretching video online. I am staying into due to the pollen. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so hopefully it will take some of this yellow air with it.

WOE- doing the best I can do. I am up a couple pounds. I agree with BLUE- Once I start working and get to running all day the weight should fall into place.
It is hard to just sit in one's house and have not much to do- and just wait for dinner as the highlight of ones day!

Well- time for more coffee and log into orientation. Back later!

Hang in there ladies- eventually this too shall pass!
  #623   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-20, 06:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, I live with that sinus allergy crap all the time LOL I absolutely know the tunnel ear thing, the pressure clog and more. Oh yea your sinus are jammed now baby that is no drainage etc. til it releases and more it stays jammed the more 'light headed' and 'off' you will be. That is me in a nutshell LOL I take sinus meds and it opens the jammed up crap and then you get the drainage which is great, but you also get the crap symptoms of that drainage hitting you LOL you can't win girl!

So happy your online gig is happening. Smart It will be so interesting to find what is going down at your new job, along with new guidelines and such.

Kid is school closed til April 15. Who knows after that? no idea what they will do. Doesn't matter what they do. F'd up year for kids and it is what it is

Luckily we got rain coming. Everything is yellow.....temps dropping into low 60s....boo...but rain will freshen and take pollen out of the air. might help us

Never hit up with Barb tho. Her mil got surgery. Kinked gut and they fixed her up easily thankfully and in recovery. Rehab next and then? At ae 96 who knows but we planned up for this week but Brrr actually....lol....so close to nice hot summer weather but oh so far away still HA

Blue, hey take the lead, be the first to post LOL I think that would be cool actually HA
So happy you are on a writing spree of epic joy to ya!! Keep on trucking and OMG you know we all here are wondering about it.....care to email us a few juicy paragraphs you might deem cool and let us read a tiny bit? I know I know....I won't push but gosh if I ain't anxious about it all, I wanna read it you know !!!!

Nicco more and more they are recommending we 'follow the news' more lightly cause people can handle only so much disaster and sadness. Thru the big wars and more it was that way also, thru this type of virus attack it is the same. People must know but must deal We need to balance out at some point. You are doing great thru it and so am I

Simmering big old pot of sauce on the stove. Oh yea, comfort food for all and feeds a ton. I remember big old sauce pots and I remember when mom made big old pots of beef noodle soup. Yum.

So sorry on your DH.....gosh that is nasty but you tell him, from me, chill if ya can at any and all times thru all the crazy. I know he won't listen, guys do what they must do but hope things settle up more easy for him!!!

Lori, what'cha doing? I know Gabby has ya up by now!!

hey all

hubby heading to drive job work. has to turn in paperwork and hopes they send him off on a job. I hope so. I want any and all money I can get, he works not a lot anyway, now it is less, so anything is good LOL

Nicco mentioned no govt. money probably coming her way?? Based on income etc? Or what ya have etc.? Right now we are super poor on tax filing so I should get? No idea now, but somehow in life I never mostly get anything free so whatever I guess! Again if I get, cool, if not cool. It is what it is.

Got kiddo's Mac from bro Rich. omg so nice. like a super little computer that is stellar ya know. AND GET THIS....kid comes out of room, surprise right there for me HA.....says if you didn't buy the Mac yet I might have a new deal for ya on my birthday present.....I said I bought it. Done......she up and left. Glad she did not tell me more cause if she did, having only 1 kid I would have spent more on that other 'trading off' presents time for her LOL.....her just being quiet and walking away was easier on my wallet. Yes 1 kid. She gets it all and thankfully she is not a monster, yet. I keep her grounded in our chats about it all LOL oh yea I ground this kid big time

So a HIP HIP.....down to new low on scale. The tiniest drop, down like .4 ounces. Hey, down is down and SO SLOW is so slow but what the heck. I eat stellar and loads, I feel great and scale moves every so slightly down and down and down. Cool, will take it.

Vacuum around here for me. Bit of laundry. Working on fence line I need to pull down near side of house and replace the picket fence panels with new ones. Dry rot to the max. Like I said all is falling apart around here. Gotta tackle little jobs as we can. ugh. yea getting older and this is what I want to do, fix house crap,

oh well

off I go and have a great day all
  #624   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-20, 06:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Yes....I was up at 5 or so. DH & I both had a good night's sleep....yay! I'm doing some laundry today and hope to get outside for a bit between rain showers. Making my last Green Chef meal from last week's box tonight. Meatballs with orzo and sugar snap peas with a cream sauce.....not sure what DH will think, but it sounds good to me and I'm the cook! I'll be getting another Green Chef box on Wednesday and my new one, Marley's Spoon, will come for the first time on April 8. Anxious to see the difference between the two. Green Chef is a bit more $$ because it's all organic & grass fed meats etc.

Nic.....how was the family dinner? Sounds yummy! So sorry DH is stressed to the max. He has a high pressure job for sure. How fun that your boys are revisiting their childhood! I'm sure it tugs at your heart.

Blue...thanks for popping in and letting us know you're doing well. Congrats on getting so much writing done. As they say, you have to "strike while the iron is hot". Do it when the inspiration hits!

Jaz....so glad you can do orientation from home. That is huge, especially since you're not feeling your best. Hope your head opens up as the day goes on. Let us know how your online work goes today.

Trig...Score on the new laptop for DD! It sounds like it will be just what she wants/needs. Be careful working around the farm....you don't want to fire up that sciatica again!

OMG.....DH is in his office going thru stacks of papers and various accumulated crap. I have my doubts that he'll be able to get rid of much, but it gives him something to do for a while. I need to go thru a big cabinet in our bathroom and get rid of old lotions, shampoos etc. I have trouble finding stuff I'm looking for and it has needed organized and cleaned out for a long time. Maybe this will be the week!

Oh my....I look outside and I see It is glorious! I hope it stays out for my walk later. They are calling for on and off showers for the next few days.

Later!
  #625   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-20, 11:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---So does that mean you're orienting today online and then reporting tomorrow on site? VERY nice to be able to do the orientation from home. Are you getting to know your boss or any of the people you'll be working with yet thru e-mails, phone calls etc. ?

You looked pretty and happy out in the sun the other day!

Trig---Yay to more weight off. Ounce by ounce still works! Loved the story about your swimsuit being WAY too big. So fab.

Is the kiddo restless? Does she zoom or whatever w/her pals? Seems like she's always been pretty good at entertaining herself though. That new Mac set up should help.

Nic---Sounds like you've been getting a lot of exercise and that can go a long way towards neutering what I call the Corona diet, We have had absolutely crapola weather till today which is lovely. Need to get my mojo going and get out there.

Wow, you sure have your work cut out for you w/most of your family at home, but I know you wouldn't have it any other way. Does it bring back memories of family times past in a way? A silver lining to get to experience family life again in this way I would think. Although tiring too I'm sure.

I was thinking the other day how good it was that DS the older was in Amsterdam last year, instead of this year. I think about all those kids stranded all over the world in various programs and shudder for them and their mamas. My Co-author's daughter is stranded in Bali, and some dear pals of our are stranded in Panama where they live over the winter, but certainly don't want to be there in the summer. Looks like they will be.

Lori---Man, you order the best dinner boxes! Every time I read you list one off my mouth waters and I think, oh I'd order that too! I also need to clean out my bathroom and my clothing closet. Geez, all the time in the world and I can't make my self do this stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, a gorgeous day here after all kinds of drizzly windy crap. So I'm headed out for a walk. Making myself do it because I know I'll feel so much better when I do. I'm getting too used to either laying around reading or sitting around writing. I can feel how how much stiffer I am for the lack of action. Haven't been a big exerciser in recent years---except for last summer in the pool---but I've always had an active life, plenty of running around. Now my body is really letting me know it needs to move more.

So, off I go. May be back later. LOL, weird this earlier posting thing. Feel like I haven't had much of a day to talk about yet. Although these days the days seem to blend together anyway. SIGH.
  #626   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-20, 12:22

BF:

Hey so happy to see all but NIC today- You have time.
I totally missed that part regarding your hubby putting in all those unpaid hours! URGHHHHHHHH........

Putting down my dot. I am SO out of it right now. TRIG- OMG if you feel this way all the time ..... no wonder you say "SHOOT ME NOW".... this is awful. I am so dizzy, underwater, muffled, headache, can't breath, can't hear, slight fever on off, I feel feverish, and omg the exhaustion. I took put on the modules ..... fire safety blah blah blah ... and slept for an hour.

Got up again about 11:30. Ate a SMALL something and took some mussinex cough and flu. I took a super hot bath and put my jammies back on and could easy go back to bed. sinus? flu? Exception exhaustion all in my head. The vertigo is bad. Sorta does feel like flu...... now that I am thinking about it. I doubt sinus stuff has slight fever, even thought I am cold to touch.

I have to tough it out - need to be at work tomorrow. My manager and preceptor have been calling me all day, with this and that. I am TRYING to sound cheery on phone but who knows. The mussinex Cough and flu seems to be helping but it is making me like a zombie. I am in a drug coma.

I see another hot hot hot bath, more dugs, and in bed by 8. I have to push though this.
NO I do not have the BIG C-19. I don't think. But hell I could for all I know. There aren't enough tests to tell, and you have to be a somebody to get one- honestly I just think it a sinus infection/ flu? which is what I would say pre C-19.

Need nap........... I HAVE to show up to work tomorrow
Back with personals...........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Mar-30-20 at 14:30.
  #627   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-20, 19:04

BF:

Hey all, quick and late-ish check in from me.

Jaz, bless your heart, I am so sorry you are feeling so unwell. What a truly crappy way to have to go into your new job tomorrow. I hope you sleep well and can get some of these meds through your system so you feel clearer tomorrow.

Blue, very glad you are absent more because you are in a productive and busy place rather than in a funk. That's good. I'll be happy to think of you happily writing away.

I would freaking freak out if my DS21 were in another country right now! Seriously!! The closer the better at this point.

Trig, yep, government money based on income. 18 year old is probably expecting something as he did file taxes on income for 2019, but as a declared dependent nothing is coming his way nor ours. Boohoo. Not really complaining, we have plenty.

Lori, yay for sleeping well last night! I know you needed it after the night before.

Did you enjoy the lovely, sunshine day?

••••••••

Things are going well here but I will be going to sleep on the early side tonight. I was a total moron and discovered after getting in bed that my Kindle was doing a software update. So, I picked up my phone (dark room, DH asleep) and was puttering around on it while waiting. Next thing I know I realized I was reading the news. Well, it scared the crap out of me and I spent the night alternately worrying and sleeping but having nightmares, then waking up to worry again. Ugh!! And I know better than to read the news at night!! I will not be doing that again for a long while.

Besides that, it was a great day. Sunny and warm but not hot. Got 12K steps in, including a nice walk. Cleaned the main level of the house, including steam mopping. Picked up some day lilies from a neighbor to plant. Made a big dinner: thin cut pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans and biscuits. The boys are eating quite a lot so I am having to go back to the Land of Making Sides so that I have a prayer of having leftovers for lunch.

DH had his final conference call for AHLA and finally got the vote to go through that he wanted. I tell ya, he really had to work for that. I am glad he can stop worrying and stressing over it.

We are ordered to stay home as of tonight, full stop. Unless you are absolutely having to go get food or something, you stay put. 5K fine and/or a year imprisonment.

Boys were out fort building for a couple of hours this afternoon. Adorable!

That's it from here. Good luck tomorrow, Jaz!
  #628   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-20, 04:13

BF:

Good Morning!
Oh the different a day makes! I feel so much better!

TRIG- I m starting with you because what I was feeling was MISERABLE yesterday. I think I got hit hard with that pollen crap after swing my grass. I got completely clogged and felt under water. Then had to take tons of flu meds to breathe. Except I still couldn't breath, the tunnel underwater feeling was horrible. How do you stand that all the time. Then add the zombie state from all that sinus meds left me in a stupor!!!! DANG- Girl if you feel that way all the time I feel for ya!!!
I would be checking out an allergist! Whew -

I read you are losing again!!!!!!- Wasting away to a tiny thing you could blow away!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH - I am so proud of how you hung in and now the losing begins again!

NIC- - I read from your the last two post you have had bad dreams! ME too! I truly find the life we are all living a real nightmare. It is scary as hell. I do watch the news because I will be in the trenches. I want to know what I am up against and what they are doing about it.

I have had to talk myself off the ledge more than once for taking this job. I wish I could stay home too! I struggle with that too! What if every doctor or nurse stayed home? We would all be in a world of hurt. Don't think we aren't scared!!!!

I am glad you are home and safe with your family and dogs! I would get lost in a good read, or something other than news if I could!
How are your kids handling all this? I think kids are able to roll with the punches better than us adults!
I know your area is a hard hit area. Are your "kids" content to stay home? It is hard to contain that age group!

Lori- I wonder if you are up this early! Isn't it amazing what some sunshine on our face does for us? It just seems to lift us up! It has been a wet and gray spring, so when the sun does shine it is glorious!
Good for you to be cleaning out clutter and making your space shine!
How do you like your newest box?

Blue- - speaking of clutter, I am right there with you. I have had the closet on my list of things to get done before I started work and it never happened!
That was funny when you said posting early in the day you have nothing to "talk" about! Hardly! You have stuff happening! I know can say I am friends with a famous author! That has always been on my bucket list! Write a book. So cool you are doing it!!!!!!

Glad you got a chance to get out and get some fresh air as well!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel so much better. Sometime in the night my ears 'popped" and the sinus is almost normal! I will tell ya that I sure feel for TRIG!!!!
GADS!

Well today is the day....... I slept little. I too had nightmares all night. I was up every hour on the hour. I almost just got up at 3- but knew I would crash about 3 this afternoon.
I need to put on a cheery face and suck it up and go. I am going kicking and clawing the entire time. I sooooooooooooo want to stay home.
What was I thinking?????????- Oh yea- don't want to be homeless.

I am going to MAKE THE BEST OUT OF IT AND SUPPORT MY TEAM. I will say I am glad to be in my home state and home city during all this. I would hate to be on "the road" at this time. So it actually worked out that the last contract fell though.

Today is back up on the LC train. I have slid off and it has been hard to get back up. But I think getting back on a work schedule will help that alot! I am taking a small snack and my water with me!!!!!- ok gotta go...................
  #629   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-20, 04:37

BF:

Good Morning!

Another good night's sleep....heavenly! I, too, am watching too much news and I know there will be night's where the worry pushes the sleep away. I appreciate every good night I have.

Jaz....I woke up worried about you. I'm so glad to see an early post from you and to read that you are feeling much better. It must have been the pollen etc. Ugh. I'll be anxious to hear about how your day turned out.

I'm feeling a bit beat up today from my run/walk yesterday. 40 minutes of run 2 minutes, walk 2 minutes. It didn't seem particularly hard when I was doing it, but I can feel it today! I want to do some upper body strength training today and then back outside for another run/walk tomorrow. So far we're allowed to go outside for exercise as long as you're not in a group. I cross the street if I see someone coming toward me etc. Our little town is eerily quiet.

Betty continues to be well. I am so nervous about her catching this bug. DH goes in every day to make sure she has what she needs and to heat up dinner for her. What can we do? She needs a daily visit. She also has someone come in periodically to test her blood as she's on coumidin and they have to test her levels regularly. Doing our best to take care of her.

Our county here in PA had 0 cases until yesterday's report. Now we have 4...probably more today. It's all too depressing. Just watching the local news and they said our local hospital just had it's first Covid-19 death. Our daughter in law works there in the Heart Cath Lab, but they have them help out other places too...worried for her.

Thinking of you all so, so much. This is all so scary and still seems unbelievable. They say we'll get thru it.....
  #630   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-20, 13:44

BF:

Jaz, so glad you are feeling better! That is a huge relief. I was worried about you going in feeling so crummy.

I will be eagerly waiting to hear how your first day was and your initial impressions!

Lori, I am glad you are sleeping better. It is wonderful that you guys are checking in on Betty every day. I know you are taking every precaution. You inspired me to email my next door neighbors and check in to make sure there was nothing I could be doing for them.

Trig, hope you are well and Blue, hope those creative juices are continuing to flow!

•••••••••••••

Well, in my little piece of the world the days are easier than the nights. The nights lately have sucked. I am definitely in stress mode but distracted during the day, but at night it comes roaring in. Dreams about inadvertent contamination, people being ill, just overall unsettling, interrupted sleep. I woke up for about the third time at 2-something in the morning and actually groaned aloud that it was only 2. I was tired but also tired of waking up. I scooched across the bed and cuddled up against Dh's back and that helped. It's my favorite freak out spot.

Got my walk in today to beat the rain. Walked out of my neighborhood, across to another neighborhood and around the way to a Wetlands park area, where I walked around that a couple of times and then back home. Listened to podcasts along the way. Lori, I tried the Feminist one you suggested and it was okay but I was just to restless for it, I think. My mind was unwilling to settle enough to take it in just now.

I think I am going to look online for a stupidly light, silly book to listen to. One where I hardly even need to remember the plot or anything. That way I can choose between that or podcasts.

Otherwise, doing well here. Going to do a breakfast for supper option tonight with biscuits, country ham, sausage gravy, scrambled or fried eggs and the remaining fruit.

I ordered a few pieces of clothing online from LL Bean today.. starting to think about what I want my spring clothing capsule to look like. Yay for spring and thoughts of summer!

That's about it for now. I changed out the heavy microfleece sheets for thinner traditional flannel so see if that helps my sleep too. We'll see!