Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 19:48

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default body image

Had a "body-image" moment today. Put on a suit jacket to go to work and it was too big in the shoulders. I have always thought that I had large "linebacker" shoulders and today I thought that just maybe I don't!
Maybe all this time, my shoulders were just carrying extra weight and I really dont have big shoulders. I keep feeling my shoulders and collar bones and wondering??!! I always felt that I was large-took up a lot of space. Feels really weird to not take up so much. Actually a little hard to get used to.
Anyone else???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 20:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I have felt the same way. I always used the excuse that I was big boned. It is so weird to me to have to search hard to find clothes that are small enough for me, not big enough for me.

When I think of myself, I still picture myself larger too. I guess my mind needs a few more months to adjust.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 21:16

Plan: Atkins/Keto/Volek/Phinney
Stats: 153/144.6/125 Female 63.5 inches
BF:27.4%
Progress: 30%

I'm actually having the opposite thing happen with my shoulders. All my life they have been small and sloped (even though my lower half is quite the opposite), but I'm doing a fair amount of work with free weights and I actually have shoulders that are in proportion with my legs...or at least a bit closer.

I have found that even though I have lost nearly 3/4 of what I intend to, I still feel pretty heavy. I think part of the problem is that I have a lot of very loose skin and flab that still hasn't shrunken...I hope it will, though.

Kirsten
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 05:30

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Same here. I always said I was big bones... LOL Who was I kidding?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 05:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

I am starting to feel "tiny' again for the first time in many years - especially around a lot of the men I work with - they are giants, some of the women tend to be pretty darn tall as well, but with all the extra weight I have always felt liek I am taking up a lot of space. Now I am feeling small again - even thought it is really only just starting.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 05:54

Stats: 170/125/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 100%

I know exactly how ya'll feel. It's kind of funny to go into a "trendy" store and look around and think..."gosh I can't wear that stuff." Then, what the heck I'll try something on, grab the biggest size and then it falls off of you... Tops I still have a problem with, everything is so clingy and cheaply made now and if you are busty it just looks trashy or buttons pop open. Plus, in my case, I find something that fits well and I can't afford it! Thank goodness for Target and Old Navy....
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 06:33

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'm still shocked from time to time when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or store window. I'm expecting to see a much rounder person with a rounder face.

In my mind's eye, I'm still 190 pounds. I'm starting to get accustomed to the new image, and I look forward to years and years of getting accustomed to the new thinner image.

Know what I mean?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 09:47
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I still feel the same except when I pass by a mirror in a store or something and I do a double take.."wow! that's me???" Or when I try on a small or something that's a size 5 and it's too big.

red
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 12:06

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

I'm having up and down moments.

Today, for some reason, I'm feeling fat. Not large; just fat - or full, or something - just uncomfortable in my skin.

Whether or not I have big shoulders - I'll have to evaluate that. However, I do know that I have a wide back, because my circumference for buying bras is large, but my cup size is tiny - so it certainly isn't because I have a lot in the front.

I think when I wear larger clothes, I feel smaller, but today I'm wearing something I just bought recently - the smallest size I've worn in a long time - and now I'm feeling large/fat/uncomfortable or whatever terminology you wish to use.

Strange. Gotta sit down and have a talk with myself about body image and how self-destructive I can be - like my own worst enemy.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 14:07

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Boy can I relate to the bra circumference. It is very difficult to find a 42 inch bra in a B cup. But, now down to a 40 inch, but on the last inside hooks so may be able to go shopping for a 38 inch soon.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 14:48

Stats: 188/180/160 Female 5' 4''
BF:Next Mini Goal:175
Progress: 29%

Let's face it, it's difficult to find a decent bra period.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 17:25

Stats: 170/125/125 Female 5'5
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikieGirl
Let's face it, it's difficult to find a decent bra period.

Don't even get me started on bathing suits. That's torture for me. I look better in a 2 peice. I'm short waisted and 1 piece suits make me look dumpy even though I have a belly. I'm small on the bottem (34 inch hips) so I need a medium or size 6 but on top I'm a 36DD so I need an extra large. It's very frustrating. Luckily I only wear a suit at Sunday Pool Parties at a good friends house and they don't care if my belly is pooching out.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 09:12

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:

8c -- I can tell I've lost weight on my shoulders, maybe my back, because my sports bras that I wear and have always worn now dig into my neck and shoulders, and they hurt! It's strange, but I guess I've always had the extra padding there!

Mary