Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-19, 21:21

Plan: Keto
Stats: 312/292/180 Female 68 in
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Low carb foods and drinks to take to work

Hey everyone,

I am going to start a new job on Monday and I want to keep on my diet and keep losing weight. I want to know if there are any low carb snacks and lunch ideas. Also if there are any low carb drinks that I could take with me as well. Thank you for the help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 01:18

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

This was one of my first questions - how / what to brown bag, when I started Atkins Induction. My answer was not so hard boiled eggs, nuts / seeds, good ingredient beef jerky. Today, I'd add some almond flour crackers, flax seed crackers.

Being me, and knowing what I can and cannot do, what I do now on my day of work is not eat at all - and I realize that may not be an option for every one.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 10:00

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

It really depends on what your options are. For years, my habit has been to make extras when I make dinner and pack meals into Tupperware and freeze it. Then I just grab a frozen meal in the morning to take to work. I usually don't put it in the fridge--I just let it slowly defrost over the course of the morning and then microwave it for a minute or two to heat it up at lunch time.

Sometimes, I'll just have a main dish frozen and ready to go, so I add a container of frozen veg. I just fill up a container with whatever is in the freezer(broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, stir fry mixed veg, etc.), sprinkle a little salt on and add some butter to the container. Then I microwave that at lunch. Or maybe I'll make a quick salad and take along some dressing to add.

Some other easy options are meat and cheese roll ups, salami, cheese cubes, etc. Or a big salad with added leftover chicken, steak, etc.

Low carb drinks depends on if you want something sweet (and can tolerate the artificial sweeteners) or not-sweet. I mostly always drink water when I'm at work during the day and that's what I have with my lunch. If I'm at home, I have homemade unsweetened "tea" (the kinds that don't really have any real tea in them like ginger-turmeric, orange, lemon verbena, because I don't like unsweet real tea), soda water, or occasionally some Crystal Light. But I try to keep the artificial sweeteners to a minimum, so I don't have them in drinks every day.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 15:56

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I mostly work from home but when I'm away I'll choose Low-Carb meal replacement bars (I call that emergency food), hard boiled eggs or nuts. It depends on how long I'm going to be away. Nuts are my first choice.

I'm careful with Atkins meal replacement bars because so many are soy based and GMO soy is saturated with Round-Up. I contacted Atkins asked if they used non-GMO soy and I got the "The FDA says GMO soy is fine" - and it might be, but it is engineered to withstand massive doses of the water soluble glyphosate (Round-up) which is banned in many countries as a probable carcinogen.

The Slim-Fast Keto bars are OK but melt easily. Quest bars are good but high in protein (whey based) so I'll try to eat fatty foods when I'm home to keep the balance.

Netrition.com has some zero or one carb per slice breads that you could use to make a sandwich if you have a way to keep it cool or use no-sugar nut butter. Oh they don't taste like real bread but they are OK.

Whether at work or not, I only drink water, coffee or tea. I bring my own tap water rather than ingest the plastic from bottled tap water. I have glass bottles and thermos jugs.

Bob
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 19:19

Plan: Keto
Stats: 312/292/180 Female 68 in
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll definitely be looking into some more resources. But thank you for your help and advice.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 02:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Here are some packed lunch ideas. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/lunch
Also check the website DitchtheCarbs, the pharmacist who runs it has kids with allergies, she has many attractive lunchbox ideas to keep lunch fun and healthy. If the microwave last night's extra food (made purposely for next lunch) doesn't appeal, these are more finger foods enjoyed by adults and kids alike here. https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/low-carb-kids/

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Sep-08-19 at 07:16.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-19, 09:00

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

For drinks, if carbonation is your thing as it is mine, I recommend Bubbl'r. Sweetened (but not too sweet) with stevia and erythritol, it has some caffeine and a puny amount of a few vitamins.

http://www.drinkbubblr.com/

Blood orange mango is my favorite.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-19, 12:07

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

My first intro to DANDR was seeing a whole rotisserie chicken on an asst. manager's desk: she picked at it all day. Of course she was BFF with her manager. She took a paid lunch as she didnt leave the floor like everyone else, and left a half hour earlier.

Hope you are finding some useful suggestions.

We like seltzer water in my house-- comes in MANY flavors.

Good luck with your new job!!!!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-19, 13:39

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Here are some packed lunch ideas. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/lunch
I'm going to save that ^ dietdoctor link for at home meals! I'm zeroing in on the keto meat pie.

#10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-20, 11:24

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

Zevia Drink are top notch drinks for LC/HF keto people. Look them up.