Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 00:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/263/151 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 22%

I made these tonight and they were so much better than the ones I previously made with mayonnaise! My DH even thought they were pretty good!
Much more fluffy and bread-like, straight outta the oven. I ate two right away with some butter on top....oh it was gooooooooood!

Almost immediately, I washed everything, and started again. This time, I used a mini-loaf pan and it turned out great as well! I guess I need to double up on this recipe though to get it to rise a bit higher - I'd like to get sandwich size slices and not mini-me slices! lol

I am going to try again tomorrow and make a circular one as a pizza crust.

Thank you for this recipe!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 06:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/195/165 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Have to add my approval. I made these last night after dinner and waited until this morning to eat them.

I also had them come out a little flat, but that's ok. I think maybe I coulda whipped the egg whites a little more. I've never whipped egg whites before! I also learned why you have to fold the mixtures slow. I tried, but I think I can be even more careful next time.

After they cooled I stored them in plastic sammich baggies and this morning they were sticking a little to the bag and to each other. I got them apart easily enough with no damage, but wondering if thats normal? Did I not cook them enough?

I made a bacon egg and cheese sammich with franks red hot to top and I must say it was very good. It was very "light", but good. I could eat a dozen of these things I think, but I'll leave it at two for now.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 06:39
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Lunchbox-- I am so happy that you like the recipe! Please let me know how cooking these in different containers works! I have only tried muffin pans and cookie sheets to this point.

Hi, EvenSteven! The general height of these things ends up being about an inch or less after baking. It's still pretty strong and supple. I use them at Red Robin, and if you've ever seen their burgers, they are beasts! They make McDonald's burgers look like little chicken mcnoogies.

After you remove them from the fridge, let them sit on the counter and breathe for about 15-30 minutes. Then they're good to go!

I used them for BLT's two days ago (need to buy more bacon). I like that they're light, but they're 'bendy'. They don't crumble to pieces like the revolution rolls.

I have to say that I've eaten these ever since I began induction and have lost 27 pounds in only 23 days! I know it has helped keep me sane on induction. I have so much freedom to try new things and still stay well within my limits.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 07:38

Plan: General LC
Stats: 00/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven
After they cooled I stored them in plastic sammich baggies and this morning they were sticking a little to the bag and to each other. I got them apart easily enough with no damage, but wondering if thats normal? Did I not cook them enough?

It helps to poke holes in the bag you are storing them in. Helps to circulate the air and keep them from sticking together in the fridge.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 08:37
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

I don't seal the bag all the way, but poking holes definitely works, too!
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 08:46
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%

I tried it as pizza crust once and it was so GROSS. And I'm a rev-roll lover! Hope you have better luck!
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 08:51

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleH
I tried it as pizza crust once and it was so GROSS. And I'm a rev-roll lover! Hope you have better luck!

What didn't work about it? I was wondering how you heated it up again once you put the toppings on.... and what that would do to the "crust"...
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 09:01
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

I wouldn't try to make a big crust with it. I don't think it's substantial enough.

I just use the small buns as the mini crusts. Under the broiler for 2-3 minutes with toppings. It is REALLY good.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 09:16
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%

I just thought it was disgusting. I used a mini-bun. It just didn't taste like pizza crust. I'd rather have my pizza frittata, with just a thin layer of egg underneath, and I can't taste anything but the toppings. I'm not saying you shouldn't give it a try. It just nearly made me sick!

Maybe using a rev roll right out of the oven (when they are still crunchy) would be better. I used a soft one and just heated the whole "pizza" in the oven.

I think I'll just stick with the pizza frittata if that's the case, as I doubt I'd be making rev rolls right before I make pizza.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 10:02
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

Frittata sounds snazzy, too! It's definitely a YMMV with the oopsies!
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 10:07

Plan: Maintaining
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 7"
BF:I'm/at/GOAL!
Progress: 105%

Can I make a sandwich out of these while I am on induction? Right now I think I would kill for a sandwich!
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 10:10

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 194/178/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Are you supposed to store these in the fridge? I just put mine in a ziploc on the counter. They didn't stick together.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 11:02
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

Yes, these are definitely ok for induction, so long as you stick to within your 4 ounces of cheese per day (a complete oopsie recipe contains 3 of those ounces).

Dedee-- I store mine on the counter for the first 2-3 days (ziplock partially open to let air circulate), and then in the fridge for the next 3-4(again, with the bag partially open to let air circulate)...if they last that long! I have people horking my buns around here!

Then when you want to use them, if they are too moist, you let them sit on the counter for 15-30 minutes and you're good to go.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 269/261/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope
I just made a grilled cheese sandwich with those. It was so perfect,I used a nonstick frying pan with butter in it and the RR turned crunchy on top and golden brown.

Oh does that sound good!!
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 14:43

Plan: My plan
Stats: 212/190/180 Female 62"
BF:go/n/down
Progress: 69%

OMG!!! OMG!!!
Thank you guys so much for this recipe!
I printed it out last night and made them today. I was shocked at how much they taste like soft white bread.
I will be making these again very soon.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

note to self: remeber to share all good recipes