Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 20:19

Plan: My own low-carb rules
Stats: 190/180/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Montignac diet

Anyone try this & have success? Anyone know which foods you can/can't eat? For example, are high-fat foods allowed? What is the average weight loss for people on this diet compared with Atkins?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 11:26

Plan: mindful eating
Stats: 184.5/178.5/140 Female 66
BF:41/40/25
Progress: 13%

hi, yes i have tried the montignac diet. I bought the book about 2 years ago and read it through. I had heard a lot of good things about the diet and was having some french skinny girl envy at the time so i thought it sounded perfect. The problem for me was that it just didnt help with weight loss. The rules of the diet really didnt seem to make much sense to me and it seemed like he was mixing a bunch of different diet techniques together like low GI plus food combining plus low carb plus eat fruit before meals. I dont know i read it a few times to see if i missed something but each time i got more and more confused about the way this diet was supposed to work. Maybe it is just because i seem better able to follow diets with strict guidelines more than ones with vague suggestions. If you like diets that dont really give you specific directions then it may be for you. I had really good results on the new beverly hills diet about 6 years ago because it tells youexactly what to eat for 35 days and you can heave som ethings that younormally can not have when dieting. I know this diet is a huge fad diet and is not that healthy of based in science but it really helped me lose weight and keep it off as long as i was following the rules

The main thing i think is just to find s way of eating that you can live with while and after you are on the diet because if you have to do things really different than your used to or if there is not enough order to know if you are eatnig the right things or not then you lose control of your progress.

i think i may have gone off on a tangent but i hope i answered your poat somewhere in there. Good luck if you decide to do Montignac. Maybe you can make better sense of it than I did. If so let me know
Aimee
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 11:33

Plan: mindful eating
Stats: 184.5/178.5/140 Female 66
BF:41/40/25
Progress: 13%

oh by the way if i remember correctly high fat foods are allowed but you have to eat them alone and i think high carb/low GI foows are also allowed but must be eaten alone ( I remember eating spaghetti on the diet) Fruit is something he really wants you to eat but it has to be on an empty stomach befre you eat other food ( this is to prevent fermentation in you stomach while your other food is digesting, this idea make some sense to me) He claims there is a high level of weight loss but maybe only in people who have no emotional attachment to their food. The freedom made me want to overeat a lot.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 11:48

Plan: M/E & Atkins
Stats: 257/206/199 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:way too high!
Progress: 88%

I had glanced at the book when it came out - what I didn't like about it was the menu ideas he was listing in his book....sounded WAY too complicated for me - I like simple menus and simple recipes!!

The author is from France, so many of the items he listed weren't easy to find here - so I stuck to Atkins which is wayyyy simpler
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 23:20

Plan: maintenance
Stats: 145/125/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Maybe you'd be happier with Somersizing or Sugar Busters which are based on Montignac principles. They have just Americanized it.