Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-11, 17:46

Plan: my own
Stats: 150/150/115 Female 5ft 1
BF:
Progress:
Default insulin reistance

Hi

im so glad i found this forum.. I have found the only diet that works for me is low carb.. I discovered this back as a meat eater, I dont actually think that meat is healthy and have been mostly vegan/vegetarian for 4 years, Id ideally be vegan and i am 80 -90% vegan when im being good-- if i lapse its with biscuits and sweets which contain dairy,

well after tryng other healthy diets im back to the the relisation again that its only low carb that works for my metabolism.. I am insulin resistant - i believe ( also diabetes type 2 in the family. I have suffered massively all my life with weight issues - aslo the last 5 years i have also come to the realisation that i may have fibromalgia as there is a host of other symptoms i get which seem to improve greatly on a low carb diet ie joint pain and brain fog and fatigue.

ive realied latley after being on a healthy diet that im yet again not losing weight on that,( i always feel like the healthy way should work but actually doesnt with me!) so im back to a low carb.. I feel too low carb is unhealthy ie 20g ( i once did this 7 years ago and ended up weeing blood for 2 days i was too scared to tell doctor what id actually been doing, he gave me an antibiotic for a uti) im actually affraid i may have damaged my kidneys at some point with atkins ( ie eating neat tin tuna and little carbs) so i think for me about 60g is what il aim for.. I take protein powder and soya milk and also tofu as my protein sources. ive noticed too im one of these ppl that cant go crazy with the fats just cos im low carb,

well ive lost a coupl eof ppounds only in the last 3 months following a ( ''healthy diet'') but now im on a low carb hopefully that will change ( to be honest i wasnt typically eating that many carbs previously about 100-120)( but low fat diet)

so back to 60g and feeling alot more positive about my life future now. i am 34 (f)about 150 iibs currently and 5 ft 1 with alot of obese type fat around my hips/bottom which is disproportionate to the resyt of me which is quite petite . I look disgusting.. but i have been 2 stone heavier before so im at a kind of mid point. I am a lot better than 3 months ago though .. I have been doing 50 laps 3 times a week for last 2 months too,.
i used to do heavy gym work outs in my 20s but i wrecked my joints with it and am prone to joint injusry so i cant do jogging or heavy gym cardio stuff, plus on a low carb i find i cant do heavy workouts so i opt foe swimming and walking and dancing.
much love to you all

Rainbowxxx
Sponsored Links