Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Registered Member
Hit the 30 Pound Mark TODAY!!!!!!!
Posted by mammoth
Posted Fri, Aug-01-03
Male 000
Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Hit the 30 Pound Mark TODAY!!!!!!!

Hi All:

Well...I hit the 30 pound of weight loss mark this morning! Took 72 days (since May 21st) of Induction to get there. NOT BAD really, average is .417 pounds a day. SWEET!!!!!!

Plan on losing another 50 pounds and hope to average 10Lbs a month...so by Christmas would be nice and is also reasonable for me to hope for.

I cannot say enough about how being diciplined (NO cheating), being creative (food variety and spices etc) are so important to this WOE. I have not been bored, and have tested my creativity in cooking and keeping the food interesting! My wife is simply overjoyed as it seems I am doing MOST of the family cooking besides!

I never imagined when I began this WOE, that it could be such fun, and really, so easy! With the exception of "bathroom" problems which I have dealt with and think have resolved....the biggest effort I have had to put forth has been in my mind.

It took the first month for me to lose the "diet" mentality, and realize in my mind that THIS is simply how I dine...and NOT a diet at all! Once I accomplished THAT, it has been smooth sailing. I do not weigh but once per week usually...and therefore simply go about my life while eating "this" way. The weight loss is a most generous bonus to the lower blood pressure I now have, and to the better blood work results including lower cholesterol and triglycerides

I am very optimistic that the next 5 months will pass quickly as time always seems to....and as time is going to pass anyway, I might as well be eating great and losing weight as I while away the moments! I am planning on doing OWL Around Christmas...then on to Pre-Maintenance and finally maintenance!

I want to say how VERY important this forum has been to me! The amount of encouragement and support and knowledge that you ALL have given so freely...well, it is simply overwhelming! THANK YOU ALL!

I have been on MANY diets in my life...and lost alot of weight, which I ALWAYS put back on...but I do know, THIS is different...THIS works...THIS is forever!

and.....Thank you Dr Atkins!

Best to all;
Happy Jake
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by stacysheil on Fri, Aug-01-03, 14:41

Congrats to you Jake. A job well done. It shows that not cheating does pay off. If I remember correct you dont exercise much, have you been able to do more now since you are consistantly losing weight every week?
I have had backaches all my life and now since I walk and have lost over 50lbs, I rarely have a backache.
Keep up the good job and keep inspiring others.

40 comments [read all comments]