Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#661   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-23, 04:02

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quickie post from me this morning!

Again- time is not my friend in the mornings! It flies!

Nic- Holy smokes you are taking off again for a trip across the pond again! Ireland! WOW- I can't wait to see some pics! I bet it is pretty there!

I am glad your mom was receptive to selling her condo and think about an assisted living place! Isn't she married? Is her husband moving with her? Do they live separately?
I tell ya having to "deal" with the older generation is daunting. I had a conversation with my aunt last night regarding my mom. It wasn't pretty. So, I feel ya on having to manage all that! sighhhhhhhhh one day at time on that front!
It makes ya pause for how we will do things differently.

I love how a walk in the woods can bring it back for you and juice up your batteries! Sorta like the ocean for me!

Lori- I am glad you have help with the house. I know it is a huge pain. However, there is an ENDGAME here! I know you and hubby will be relieved when the house burden is over. One wouldn't think that a property and "STUFF" would be such a bother, but it is!

You not playing golf!?!?!?!?!?! UNHEARD OF?!?!?!?
Walking is such a great way to get movement in! Did you enjoy your night out?

Trig- Yeah you know it can get hot here REAL quick! It will be full blown summer before we know it! LOVE IT! I tell ya though the humidity is something I could live without!
It gets REALLY hot here.

You are getting ready for your Spring Break trip here soon too!!!!

OMG the DMV- my condolences!
------------------------------------------------------------------

My doctor called in a statin for me- yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh If it makes her feel good to "do that" WHATEVER.
I really need to just put it behind me. You would think she would look at the BIG picture. A weight loss of 55 pounds, active, working, and no evidence of any inflammation. But no, she is fixated on a cholesterol number.

I heard a heart doctor (forgot his name) say that he would rather see a person who is "fit" with a high cholesterol than a diabetic with out-of-control blood sugars. That is what kills people. There is a direct link that statins raise blood sugar in people. No thanks.

Yup I am 57 and thinking about my NEXT. Nobody is going to make sure my situation is good except me. So, yeah....... work to be done now so I can sit back for a minute. You are right Trig, 60 is around the corner! My goal is to have my ducks in a row by 58, or at least a concrete plan! Wow 60- that sounds SO OLD to me!!!!!!!!! 57 sounds so old to me!!!! I certainly don't feel it. I may not feel it, but I certainly need to deal with "me" LOLOLOL

Nothing else happening. I did interview yesterday- but I feel like it was not a great fit for me. So, I am going to keep on keeping on right now.
I noticed that Indiana had a great offer out there. Somebody is going to snatch it up. I hope by the time I can start bidding on assignment one like that will open up. I can start bidding end of April, first of May.

Got to run! Have great day!
Sponsored Links
  #662   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-23, 04:53

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Had a pretty good night.....only heard BIL up once to the bathroom. He's doing much better than he used to. No more prowling around the house half the night!

Today I WILL get out for a walk. I have nothing going on and it's going to be sunny and in the 50's. I'm hoping there is not a cold wind like yesterday.....that was horrible.

The boys just left to go out to breakfast, so I have a couple hours of peace & quiet. Not sure what time BIL is heading for home. He said he's not in any hurry. I know they're going to go see Betty again before he leaves.

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Mar-29-23 at 08:39.
  #663   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-23, 13:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Lori- I hope the auction stuff is going well today. Enjoy your walk! I will be gone the 2nd-10th.

Jaz- They do live together but both have their own homes. He can move or not move... that's not my concern. The fact that she is living in such a way that she can't take care of herself and he isn't able to help her IS my concern. My freaking monkey lol

You were taking a half statin pill if I remember correctly, for a while. Did that help at all?

Hey Trig!
••••••••••

Freaking gorgeous day here today. I did a MOW route, which was surprisingly short, then went on a hike in the State Park. Three days hiking in a row! GOTTA LOVE this Spring weather! 57º and sunny. Absolutely stunning.

DD wants to swing by Tuesday Morning after she goes to the dentist this afternoon. She and SoIL close on their townhome tomorrow! Super excited for them! Their first place of their own that is not a rental!

Food on track, feeling great. I literally am not understanding or processing that the Ireland trip is right around the corner. I have no idea why!
  #664   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-23, 18:27

BF:

Hey ladies!

OMG Ireland - NIC SO frekin cool. You will process when you are on that plane!
When are you leaving again?

Yeah I get it you need to deal with your mom, with or without her husband. At least yours allows you to help. I am not "ALLOWED" to interfere in any way as long as my mom's husband is living. He is the ONE who dictates her care, her meds, and who she is ALLOWED to speak with. I seriously H---him. She is not strong enough or able to stick up for herself. ie,,,,, the call to my aunt yesterday. DRAMA DRAMA

So glad you are back on the low carb track! You get on it so easy and when you want- your weight falls off!

Lori- Glad things went well with your BIL and all is well! YOu got your walk in!

Where are ya Trig?!?!?!
----------------------------------------------------------

Guess who has a lunch date tomorrow??????? This guy is so nice!
I met him in the weirdest way and we seriously hit it off. I was on the "cattle" bus going to work and I had the last open seat, and he was the last one on the bus and took it. I wasn't paying attention until he said "Hello there, Good Morning". I looked at him and he had my FULL Attention. Nice looking gentleman about my age maybe older by 2-3 years.

Anyway- we just started talking! It was a great conversation. Then we got off the bus and just stood there staring at each other. He works in the research building across the parking lot and I am in the main hospital. So he goes: have lunch with me tomorrow outside? I was like sure!
I gave him my name only.

By the time I reached my desk he had an email waiting and stated he was glad we met and was looking forward to tomorrow- have an awesome day. Well.......... if that isn't just something. He was well spoken, well educated, from up north, and had a sweet button down shirt. I like a well dressed guy. Full head of hair and big blue eyes. I well.......
First impressions and all, I thought about him all morning.

I am not a head over heels kinda gal over a dude. But he might just MIGHT be different. We shall see..............

NIGHT
  #665   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-23, 03:32

BF:

Well............ Last and now first poster!

Feels like it was a short night! I have been taking some magnesium for leg cramps and sleep- but maybe I am not taking enough. I had leg cramps again. OMG it is so painful, then it's gone. It happens to ONE calf muscle only. I am now wondering if I have "shortened" that muscle as I rarely stretch anymore.
I walk ALOT in my job- but I don't take the time to stretch. It is SO important. I need to start doing some BASIC stretches. I am not flexible.

Anyway- enough of aches and pains.

Did my hair last night. Overall color wash to get rid of gray and perk up my color. Nothing drastic, my same hair color just no gray now! WINK! WINK!

I am looking forward to LUNCH time! I looked at the forecast though and it only going to be a high of 68. Brrrrrrrrhhhhh I ALSO had to flip on my heat again this morning! OVER the cold!

I am right on target of my new low again. One more bounce pound to get off!

I am adding a bit of fish to my menu this week. I had salmon a few days ago- and tonight I am pretty excited. I am going to have a "fish fry" in my air fryer. I am going to make some amazing tarter sauce. I love some crispy "fried" fish and tarter! I have fresh ocean perch to boot! YUM! The tarter will give me the fat, and the protein of the fish will be enough for sure.

Oh...... I did get another call from another application I applied for. I have an interview next Wed. on zoom. I have Wed. off as I am working this Sunday. Yeah........ I spoke to my supervisor about the multiple weekends. He said he felt bad scheduling so many, but he had to plug me in as he no longer has the staff to cover them.
My supervisor did ask if I would CONSIDER a 3nd "tour" yesterday. I told him I would think about it. I am considering all my options at this point. I don't have to let him know until the end of April. I dunno......... again, the visitor that has stayed too long!
I am leaning NO, but I don't want to rule anything out right now. Alot can happen between now and end of April!

I do know I am taking off two weeks mid-June. The second and 3nd week. I need some pure beach time and I am paid up through end of June here! So yeah- VACAY in Charleston, paid for. Just need my beach chair and some sunshine. Soon I am going to spend the entire day in Folley, rent a bike and just bike my way around for the entire day. It needs to be just a bit warmer!
I am looking forward to my day off! Granted Saturday they are saying storms. I don't care- then it will be a PJ day.

Thats all she wrote!
  #666   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-23, 04:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

great posts to read on the board everyone

fast post....got things to handle here. just stuff that is annoying the heck outta me......will be back later to chat up.

ugh, reality of life and 'crap' to do. bleck
be good all
  #667   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-23, 04:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....I'm so anxious to hear about your lunch date! He sure sounds nice....in every way. Nice to know that you have options regarding your work. It's just a shame that the staff walked out and things have gotten so hectic where you are now. I'm sure your supervisor is scrambling.

Trig......Oh yes, I know all about the crappy life stuff to handle. I'm ready to run away!

Nic....A week in Ireland sounds so awesome! I hope the weather is exceptionally nice while you're there.

----------

The auction/clean out is next week(Wednesday & Thursday). I'll be glad when this first phase is done. Phase II will be done when Betty is at rest. The agreement states that she has the first floor as long as she lives. I don't think she'll ever get back there, but she loves knowing that it still looks like she remembers it. She didn't seem very good last night when we were there. Her mind is still good, but I don't know how she's hanging on. Bless her.

I walked for an hour yesterday and ate very LC. What did I get for my trouble? A pound gain!!!!!!! Maddening! My hips feel stiff, so I know I have some inflammation going on etc. Stupid scale!

My plumber is supposed to come late morning today. I want my water heater checked as our electric bill is thru the roof and I'm thinking we have an element out in the water heater or something. I also asked him to get me new taps etc for our bathroom sink months ago......I need a new plumber. He's getting too busy and just doesn't have time for the "little guys". He's getting into bigger projects. I did get the name/number of another guy who my golfing friend uses and I think I'll start using him instead. I want someone I can count on when I have a problem, you know?

That's it from here. Needing another cup of coffee.
  #668   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-23, 08:25

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Oooh Jaz I am excited for you. I hope this man is as nice as he sounds. Let us know!

Sorry about the leg cramps.

Lori- Ah, I thought the auction was this week and that was why you weren't playing golf. I suppose you are prepping for it instead.

Try to ignore the little ups and downs if you are daily weighing. Totally normal as you know!

••••••••••••

Poor Dh came home last night in tears from his visit with his Dad. It is so hard for him to lose his parent, not only physically but mentally, like this. I listened to him and cried with him. We have been blessed to have ALL our parents still but that also means they are going to decline pretty close together in time.

DD and SoIL closing today, fingers crossed!

I have what feels like a slight cold. I took a covid test and it was negative (as expected) so I just need to drink lots of water and try to keep my stress low going into the trip. I don't usually do Airborne and the like but I may this time since I already feel the cold coming in.

Hugs to all!
  #669   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-23, 14:41

BF:

Jazz can't wait to hear about this new guy....so interesting

hey on the cramps and mag and more you take. Dump all the mag and more you take......sometimes, and this is definitely on the zero carb forums, the more supp crap you take you are now in an 'inbalance' of electrolytes. You could be causing you own issues actually......zc recommends you dump ALL supps when you start carnivore, to 'see in truth' if you really need any, but if you take them and don't know if you truly need them, you could be in an unbalanced state and causing your own issues. Way to know...dump it all, see who you are off all that stuff, then you can add back IF you see a symptom or something you have an issue with.

Lori, so cool phase 1 will be done sooner than later....then phase 2 can be handled when it gets handled.

smart move on the new plumber, get in with this guy while ya can, cause I tell ya, a good service person to get out to your home when needed is so important.....get the new guy and be a client ya know before maybe he gets too busy and ya can't get him.....elec thru the roof, OH YES check that out for sure!!

Nicco, Ireland came so fast, it did for me, I bet it did for you also.

So sorry on Dh and his family stuff. It is hard for sure to have it all hit home. I hope you guys just come thru it all ok and everything for his Dad just settles the best way it can.

Cool on the home closing....a new home.....you know they are gonna have a blast when they own it.

--------long damn day. DMV, first drive test in a town over from mine cause booked solid is June 28 for real driver license....and get this June 25 we do a 2 wk beach trip. I am going to have to cancel 3 beach days to 'get her a freakin' license' cause she HAS to have this...>DMV what a joke! OK don't get me started.

One step from going batshit crazy around here....too much too fast and this and that and that and this and I forgot to get dogs meds, went right by it coming home and now I will go at 9 tomorrow and and and....do this, do that.

can ya'll tell I am in a mood! Yup....haha
  #670   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-23, 16:45

BF:

Quickie and fast post as this is the SECOND of the day.

First.......... hahahahahah going to make ya read the post............

Nic- I am so sorry and feel so bad for your hubby and you. I know how hard it is to lose those we love. It feels like our world stops, yet everyone else keeps moving along. BIG HUGS AND BIGS HUGS!

Goodness and now a cold?!?!?!? When are you leaving? I sure know you and your DD are going to have a grand time.
Again can't wait to see pics!
Feel BETTER!

Trig
- I would tell miss I need license she can wait until your already booked vacay is over. There is no way I would alter a vacay over that!
The world does not revolve around a kiddo getting her license. A week later will not kill her. That is what I would do, but you gotta deal and do your family.

I know you will love getting away a few days!

OMG the Teeter has steak on sale!!!!!!! Bought more to stuff in the freezer!

Electrolytes- yeah. So I have not added anything until recently because my leg cramp has gotton a bit worse. Not only that- Dr. Berry recommends taking some pure drops and it also increases weight loss. Most women are Mag. deficient. I have noticed I feel better with an extra boost! I just add a few drops (20) to my water. No sugar- just pure. It does help the hydration too. So yeah. I have been pure carnivore long enough to know that I feel a tad better with some drops. They are balanced so no jacking of anything that would make me outta wack. Trust me on that! I take a beta blocker and am so frekin careful with that crap. I did my research.

Carnivore is a great way to roll for me. It just works. It is my gut sweet spot for now and that is that.

Lori-
- glad there is an end game to the house saga. Hopefully, you and hubby can breathe a sigh of relief when it is over next weekend.

Any golf up and coming?
--------------------------------------------------------------

So I met the guy for lunch. I emailed him and said hey, I am not really hungry to just sit and eat at noon. Would you be open to just a walk and coffee, or just get out to a table and get fresh air and sun.

So, he was way cool with that.
I will cut to the chase: A$$HOLE.

1- MARRIED
2. MARRIED
3. MARRIED-
4. Never finished Collage- dropped out after the first semester and hitchhiked taking odd jobs across the country to "Discover" himself
5. Never has had a real job or career - did odd jobs as a "community organizer" - THEN
attempted to write for grant money for a "business" and frauded the IRS and is currently still battling legal issues and declared bankruptcy.
6. Never had kids- doesn't like them
7. Wife supports him and got him a job- not in research like he said- as a STOCK boy for the research lab making sure they have materials. OH BTY - SHE WORKS AT MUSC
8 Has never owned property as he "doesn't care about money" WIFE OWN THE HOUSE AND IT's IN HER NAME- his credit is too bad
9. Looked me up and down and said WOW - you really take care of yourself, I would love to get to know you "better".......
10. Wearing the same clothes from yesterday.
11 MARRIED and LIED.
HE actually TOLD THIS TO ME in 30 minutes. Can you believe it. WHO SAYES that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I just can't make this up. When he got to the part when I ask if he had ever been married and he said yes, and tried to change the subject, I pressed. So I say what happened to her? Oh the WIFE? Yeah her....... OH SHE IS WORKING UPSTAIRS. WHAT THE F.........

I am then like OMG my lunch hour is so up and I am late. I am walking back to the door to the lobby as he sayes..... same time tomorrow?????????? I keep right on walking.

HOW DO I END UP with such losers. He SEEMED so normal. In the end- what a putz. Well I have other words but don't want kicked off.

So now I am here right now with my "little man" LOVE of my life and we are cuddly on the couch. He is a tired boy. All the looking out for the apt kept him busy. After all the squirrels, birds and other dogs are SUCH a threat.

Glass of light wine.
Will make a burger for tomorrow lunch- steak for dinner and then day off.

All in a days work!

Later ya'll- I swear you just can't make it up.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Mar-30-23 at 16:52.
  #671   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-23, 03:40

BF:

Good Morning

Last and first!!!!!!!! TGIF! Love my Fridays!

8 more hours of "serving the man" then I get Saturday off. Work Sun- and off Wed.
Got paid today. YAY! I get pain every Friday. I think to myself this job is rough- then I get paid and I am like hummmmmm MEH..... it's OKAY.

Really focusing on healthy these days. My bestie had surgery 2 days ago and they think they got it all. They think it was all in the tonsil- no nodes. If that is the case- no chemo, she is done. She sounded good last night. Just very tired.

She is also dealing with planter fasciitis. OMG, I had a case on my left foot a last year. THE most painful thing ever. Mine thankfully just vanished when I went carnivore. I will never walk the beach barefoot again though. Feel the sand on my feet YES! Walk it barefoot - no!

I saw a gal with these shoes that all the nurses are wearing now. They have the OC symbol on them. I am going to check these out. A few I have asked about their shoes swear by them. I need some new work shoes. I am very hard on shoes. They take a pounding from me.

Nothing else- just normal day in day out stuff.
I did go out and look at the stars last night- as the planets are supposed to all be in a visual line sight. Tue. They all were in a straight line. Venus was SO BRIGHT it looked like the "Christmas star". Google it. The planets have aligned this week and check it out. I saw MARS too! It really is a red shiny dot. CHECK IT OUT- totally work a trip out the back door! Very special.

Steak for dinner and I still have that perch I need to use or lose! So much good food around!

WOE- on track- still hanging on to those 2 extra pounds I bounced up. Hummmmm

Have a good one!
  #672   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-23, 04:11

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz......so sorry the "guy" turned out to be a putz. He shared all that crap about his life in the first few minutes? Is he proud of being a jerk? Sigh.....I hope he doesn't harass you now that he knows your email etc. Plus, he knows your morning routine. I know you will put him in his place! Be safe.

Oh yes.....a nice, fat paycheck helps you forget how terrible the job is!

Nic....It is SO hard to "lose" your parents. I went thru it with my Mom years ago when she developed bipolar disorder. She was not my Mother anymore. So hard.

OMG.....Ireland in 2 days!!!!!!!

Trig....Good grief on the DMV and it changing your vacation plans. Wouldn't you just know it?!

------------

I have to make a grocery store run at some point today. I want to make a chicken crust pizza tonight and need the ground chix, parm & Mozz cheese, plus a few veggies for toppings. But then....I saw the menu from Jackass Brewery and am thinking I'd like to go out. DH is still fretting and worrying himself sick, so I may have to do some fast talking to get him to agree to going out. Also, we typically go see Betty around 4-5, we'll see. It you don't get to the pub by 4:30 or so, it's hard to get a seat on a Friday. We'll see.

Tomorrow starts my 30 min/day walking challenge. It's supposed to rain in the morning, but then a break in the afternoon with temps near or up into the 70's. Hooray!! This week has been so windy & cold. Hopefully getting back to the golf course next week, though we have the house clean out happening Wednesday and Thursday. Pulled in so many directions lately!

Have a good Friday all!
  #673   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-23, 05:52

BF:

Jazz, sorry on your bestie but sounds like a good road ahead! Sending hugs to you guys!!

The guy...omg. At least he was upfront fast, you got out of wasting extra time on that loser HAHA I tell ya, people HAHA

Lori, yea you and DH need a 'new normal' with Betty in her facility and remember she is well taken care of so 'daily visits' unless you truly want that don't have to happen....every other day ya know. But again so much is so raw still, out of sorts from your old routine etc with so many unknowns ahead, you guys will figure it out.

your night out sounds delish. a pub is always a good place to land.

pulled in many directions, I am right there with ya. feels like I got a ton on me too, your time is worse than me but we all know that feeling and it sucks rocks but we all get thru it too LOL

Nicco, safe safe travels and a rockin' great time!!!

-------------yea for driver license I will sacrifice days for kiddo with the trip. Trip I can do whenever I want, I NEED this kid driving on her own legally NOW, lol......plus for another appt, it is insanity on booked solid for months on end, so if we don't take this appt, she might be able to get another til 'after friggin' college' and that can't happen at all. Worth it to me on this one but annoying as hell. so instead of 14 at beach we got 11 days, no biggie, I plan on a lifetime at the beach sooner than later now HAHA

I got tons of shit to handle also right now. Like Lori, I got this and that and it feels literally NO time to do it all, plus I don't even wanna do it 'all' anymore....ugh.

got nice pork chops and burgers for later. simple zc. best for me.

off to get ready to head out and get dog pills from pharmacy and then stop in store cause I forgot to buy-----butter?----WTH? I usually have 10 butters in the freezer LOL but I saw I am out and forgot to get it in the friggin' like 4 store runs I had to do over the last days....come on ya know LOL So how many butters in my little small basket, a crap ton

be good all
  #674   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-23, 11:34

BF:

I am officially brain dead at this point.

Hubby calls and says he thinks we should cancel our beach trip next week.

Says his mom is having GI sonogram and whatever procedure cause Dr suspects colon cancer due to extended abdomen issues etc and her mom died from that also. Hubby says it is being scheduled next week sometime and he wants to be there.

Plus, the truck repair of $900.....well the part actually has failed and we got extended warranty so the actual 'part cost/repair' after they diagnosed it all is $4,000. But cost adjuster came out and it is covered under warranty....cost $100 only to us.

But this part will not come in by next week to be repaired and even mechanic said to pull a heavy camper on a longer haul is not recommended as this part of the engine could fail....WTF? right?

ok, I can't even comment. over and out. I might be MIA off the thread for a few days. I can't even get thoughts straight at this point
  #675   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-23, 15:38

BF:

YAY- HOME!!!!!!!

Big Breath!!!!! YAY!

Trig
- I am so sorry your vacay fell apart. Sucks! Good news your warranty though is kicking in!

Book another one! Put something on the books!!!!

Sure hope you get all those balls in the air taken care of. Hoping MIL gets a good report!

Truck- I am in way happy you didn't get stranded on the road! Better to know now!

WE are here for YOU!!!!! HUGSSSSSSSSSS

Lori- Hope you enjoy your meal out!!!!!!
I am puzzled as how your hubby is so worried, I would think that all the pieces have fallen beautifully ??????? Confused?
Here is hoping you get on the course soon!

Nic- Ireland in TWO day!>!>!>!>!> SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Dang that was fast! LOLOLOLOLOL PICS place and Safe safe travels!
----------------------------------------------------

Rough day-
to tired to chat up-

WOe working- made my pearch in air fryer- holy crap good. Topped with hot sauce and tarter sauce.

I just can't wait to sleep!!!!!!! I am seriously tired,
Closed Thread