Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-01-15, 09:29

Plan: low carb high fat
Stats: 273/259.4/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default New here - 14 lbs down - 109 lbs to go

Hi everyone!

I love that there is a section just for those with over 100 lbs to lose. I always look at weight loss forums and pictures and see tons of people with before pictures they call gross that I would be proud of.

It seems like there is an extra barrier to weight loss with so much to lose besides the extra weight. It's mindset. Most people look at 20 lbs as a feat and we are going in with a 100+ giant to tackle.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Callie. A wife and work at home mom to two little boys, 3 and 6 months. I was a normal-ish weight most of my life until I became depressed a few years back and the weight piled on at 2 lbs/week. I couldn't get out of bed and just ate what was brought to me, often fast food per my request. My husband didn't know how to help me so he just stayed by my side and loved me through it all.

When I finally hit 270 lbs I was so tired of not being able to live and enjoy my life. I found intuitive eating and started letting myself eat without guilt. I learned about body positivity and slowly started to love myself. The intuitive eating halted my weight gain and within a few months my thyroid and depression were healed.

I immediately got pregnant and instead of being excited I was so sad because I knew my pregnancy was going to be miserable at 270-300 lbs. My hips and back have a lot of trouble during pregnancy. I got to the point that I couldn't walk during my first. Thankfully I only gained 23 lbs and lost it all within 2 weeks of the birth.

I have continued intuitive eating, steadily losing 1 lb/month, for the PST 6 months. Now I'm ready mentally and physically to lose the weight. Yes I want to be smaller for clothing choices, but my real reason for wanting to lose the weight is to be able to do activities that just aren't possible at my size like rock climbing and more advanced yoga including hand stands.

So I'm 2 weeks into the low carb high fat diet and down 7 lbs, but I know a lot of that is water! Either way I'm loving the food and loving not being hungry!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-01-15, 10:25

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome Callie! Yes, having 100+ to lose is so much more of a challenge than just wanting to lose 10 pounds to fit into the "skinny" jeans.

I too have seen "awful" before photos here and elsewhere that I would kiss the ground and shout Hallelujah to look like! So much is relative isn't it? When I was in my 20s and hit 160 pounds I felt like a fat hog. Now I can only wish!

You'll find lots of wonderful support on this site, so coming here often really helps. I'd love to know more what you learned about intuitive eating and where. If you look for Cathy B. here she has done a lot with intuitive eating.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-01-15, 12:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Welcome, Callie. I love how you, even while depressed, searched for a way to help yourself, and succeeded.

You have a great community here, and the level of knowledge is awesome, too!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-16, 16:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/310/185 Male 69"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I was laughing at your before pictures comment. I do that too! Some guy will say "I have a 36" waist and I'm so fat". I wish! (Currently 54"--not for long!) Anyway, I think this is the way to go. Once you,me,whoever, accepts that carbs just hurt more than help your body, it's way easier to move on. Even when I wasn't doing low carb I still came here for inspiration. So use this forum!! I would say good luck but if you're doing LC you don't need it.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-16, 17:01

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

Welcome Callie, you came to the right place. This forum has great people as role models and you can find tones of information here. Good luck on your journey
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 13:24

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

Yes, a journey to lose 100 or 200 lbs or more is often a far different one than the people who think they are corpulently overweight with 20-40 lbs to lose. It's really disheartening for obese people to see that at times.

Not disregarding anyone's feelings but until you've been in that person's shoes, you don't know the struggle I guess. That works both ways too.

Welcome Callie, you will find lots of support here
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-16, 08:36

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Callie - this forum IS a good one for those of us who have to basically lose half of ourselves. While the struggle to lose that last 10 or 20 can be just as difficult to those that have them, it's tough for us to look at photos and weights that we'd LOVE to be, without complaint Hang in there and just keep on keeping on - the end result is worth it, and you will feel better as you go!