Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 13:18

Plan: mix of Atkins/Carb Addict
Stats: 188/185/135 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Unhappy no luck

Hey guys,

Well, I tested on the 3rd and it was negative... plus my gramma died ont eh 1st so we were in the middle of funeral central (horrible couple weeks). I kept hoping it was just too early, but 'lo and behold TOM showed up this morning! I guess that odd cycle really was a cycle after all.

Well, now I'm trying to look at this as my body "preparing" to GET pregnant, and that this month may be it... I even bought a thermometer (haven't done bbt yet).

Sorry to say I'm not the first graduate of this group, Melanie!

Great to see so many "members"! I keep all of us in my little prayers!

Christy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 11:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Im sorry IVE BEEN MIA I found out last week I was pregnant well the HPT were light & never got darker & yesturday I started spotting ,Cramping & getting bad Lower back pain.Today theres alot of clots Hopfully this M/C wont go on to long ..This was the most fustrating month of my life I quit my diet about two weeks ago so it wouldnt harm the baby.I had gained 10 pnds But once I started bleeding today Im already down 6 pnds Went back to induction today too.Im going to concentrate on Loosing more weight & just leave this ttc thing in Gods hands...
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 12:22

BF:

Aww Melanie; I'm so sorry... I can't imagine how frustrating that must be for you guys.

I'm sure that if you just leave everything up to God and mother Nature; then you'll find yourself pg before you know it.

Good for you for going back on lc: it's a positive way to cope. I'll keep you especially in my thoughts.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 16:19
Registered Member

Plan: Glucose Revolution
Stats: 325/297.5/200 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 22%

I'm also interested...

I'm 32, DH is 41. We've been OTL for 6 years.. and started TTC in April. So far I'm on Gluchophage, and did 3 rounds of clomid. We're currently on a break until April 10th when we go back to the RE.

My RE visit was on the 20th (thursday) and this guys is suppose to be the best in the country. He suggested I lose a few pounds before trying to get pregnant, but DH and I don't want to wait very long due to our ages. I would like to get to about 275 before going back on clomid.. but sho knows what our next appointment will bring.

The doc also wants to increase my gluchophage to 2000mg of the regular stuff, which causes me tons of stomach problems. The last time I took it, I lost 50 pounds in just a few short weeks simply because food didn't stay with me. not exactly how I want to lose weight, but I'll take it anyway I can get it now!

He's pretty sure all it'll take for us to get PG is 150 mg clomid and an HCG booster shot. I responded well to 100mg of clomid.. I just didn't get pg
  #20   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 14:26

Stats: 243/217.5/150
BF:
Progress: 27%

I too have been ttc for some time now. I've had two miscarraiges while ttc for over 7 years. It's been 1.5 yrs since my last pg.

I would find a low carn ttc buddy list incredibly helpful and encouraging! If it pans out, sign me up!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 14:27

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default melanie 27

Hi Melanie--I'm just new and on Atkins but I do not know what ttc is. Could you tell me?--Aleka
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 11:55

BF:
Default ttc group

Hey guys!

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in here. But after that strange double period in February, I figured my body was trying to re-adjust itself. Then in March I had a regular period at 28 days (that NEVER happens), and then in April the stick turned blue!!!!!

So, I've been ecstatic, terrified, and sick as a dog for the past few weeks. But I'm proof that it can happen; so here's hoping that we all get there!

As far as this ttc group, I find that we kind of use this message board to check in, so we could just keep doing that; kind of like a co-operative journal! Whaddya think?
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 15:29
Registered Member

Stats: 175/148/140 Female 173.7cm
BF:
Progress: 77%
Wink Thank you

I've come here from Soulcysters i love that site , but started Lcing 5 days ago and they have all been supportive so far and have alot of recipes etc for lcing.
But i agree a Lcing/TTC would be a great board , unluckily i don't know enough to be able to open such a board
I also want to say Thank you !! , i am on this diet mainly to hopefully get back my cycle and start ovulating , after trying clomid many times, having ovarian drilling and a lap , also 2000mg Metformin nothing has worked yet.
I chose to do this diet on my own, and informed my gyn/doctor i am going to try this before trying anything else. lol
Your post gave me real hope that this may well work for me. If not then atleast i have lost weight which my Gyn keeps asking me to do anyway.
Thanks again xx and best wishes for 2004
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 23:21

BF:
Default she's here!

Hey there all!

Just wanted to touch base and say htat I am now the insanely proud mommy of a beautiful baby girl!

She's perfectly healthy in every way, and mysteriously enough my body functioned like it was supposed to while I was pregnant (a sin my thyroid, metabolism etc allworked normally). So, thanks to that and my modified lc food choices, most of the weight gain was all baby and baby product. She's now almost 6 weeks old and I have only 8 "extra" pounds left over from the weight gain. Add to that the 20 I still needed to lose before I got pregnant and I have a pretty reasonable goal to shoot for! Of course I can't jump back to induction until she's not breast-feeding anymore, but I'm very careful of my food choices so any carbs are complex and as un-processed (nothing white) as possible.

Keeping all other ttc folks in my thoughts!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 20:42

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 194/182.5/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 19%

Congratulations on the new baby! I'm kinda new here, so I'm not sure this is the place to ask....but Christyann, you mentioned being on a modified LC diet? Was that while you were TTC and during pregnancy? What kind of diet did you follow. My husband and I are not pregnant yet, but we were just concerned about being on the diet if that happens. I too have read in many places that LC and TTC are not a good mix, and that LC is not good when you are pregnant. I also read a link from this site to an article on the Atkins site about it being okay to follow LC during pregnancy and adding in a serving of fruit/day. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on that?

Thanks
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 21:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/lc friendly dietician
Stats: 220/209/140 Female 5'4"
BF:44%/?/20%
Progress: 14%

i think a ttc board for low carbers would be great.

i have PCOS and i got pregnant without drugs (very lucky) however i just had a missed abortion and an emergency d&c on Jan 15.

it's been a sad time. but i hope i can concieve again soon.

i know i concieved eating low carb and exercising regularly. hopefully the next time is for keeps.

~Steph

Angel - Jan 15, 03
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 23:40

BF:

welcome tracern!!!

Thanks for the congrats...I'm pretty happy!

Yes, I modified my lc diet once I was pregnant. I wasn't religious about it or anything. For example... when the pre-natal vitamins made me sick for a few weeks (this is often mistaken for morning sickness) the only foods I could keep down were crackers and toast etc. After i started taking the vitamins before bed and the nausea went away I ate my favourite lc foods again. Basically I added my yogourt and fruit and started drinking milk (liked it while pregnant; can't stand it otherwise...weird). As my pregnancy progressed I basically ate what I wanted when I wanted and just made sure I wasn't eating anyhting unhealthy...no plowing through a bag of Doritos, but loved popcorn with seasonings. basically I was on maintenance. There's actually a lot of carbs allowed by hten

I generally followed a mix of Atkins and CAD when I lost my weight originally... I liked the idea of a reward meal (CAD) but I only had it once a week. It is my way of having a "controlled binge" that Dr. Atkins talks about in his book.

Hope that helps!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 19:48

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 194/182.5/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 19%

Yes, that makes it sound simple. We'll see what this next year brings though. I did induction already, now am just adding in a few carbs...until that time comes. Thanks for the info
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 13:25

Plan: VSG Post Op/ Low Carb
Stats: 521/235.4/230 Male 5ft 10"
BF:dropping
Progress: 98%

MY LIL LADEE HAD PCOS TOO, she did the carting, the provera, the prenatal all of that, she got up to 260 pounds, after atkins she lost 67 pounds, and the blood test have come back and confirmed, that she is prego!
i was a skeptic myself, i was just like ok we need to do it more, maybe 1nce a day or more, when we stopped worrying about it, and focused on dieting ,thats when it happened, so ima believer now!
hehehehhehe

JT
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 15:39
Registered Member

Stats: 175/148/140 Female 173.7cm
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default hiya and congrats

Jt that's great congrats i've been trying for 5 years and tried almost everything so i am giving low carbing a go and have heard alot of success stories and yours has spurred me on more , Congrats again i hope all goes well xx